+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Please fix the trash mobs in Empyrean Core

Plane Touched

Default Please fix the trash mobs in Empyrean Core

There is a certain set of trash mobs in Empyrean Core, just before the 2nd boss, that walk around the boss in a circle path.

...Often, two of these trash packs will spawn right on top of each other, and walk around right on top of each other, making it IMPOSSIBLE to pull them separately.

Thus, making the pull pretty much impossible due to insanely high tank damage and insanely high group damage when people get Elixer'd.

Please fix this, Trion. It's pretty much a "Welp, dungeon ends here I guess." every time it happens.

Assuming your group isn't capable of healing through it long enough with tank/healer CDs for your dps to aoe down all the little mobs, you could always separate them.

If anyone in the group has a tempest / warlock / assassin specs, have them pull the pack and you (the tank) tag one, and ONLY one, of the big mobs.

Big mob runs to tank, other guy runs away for a bit and slips away / feign death / etc.

Viola, one single pack for you to kill.

If your group can neither kill both groups at once and no one in your group has any of those specs, having one person suicide pull the pack away and having the tank tag just one guy works as well. Just have to be careful not to splash any aoe heals on the guy designated to die. Bres after, continue on with your merry day.

I mean, c'mon. Part of the game's fun is in coming up with ways to deal with encounters. This particular chance occurrence isn't even so much as a road bump.

Your Brain, it wants to be used.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    I mean, c'mon. Part of the game's fun is in coming up with ways to deal with encounters. This particular chance occurrence isn't even so much as a road bump.
    Glitches/bad programming causing extremely hard TRASH pulls that require specific specs or deaths and tricky use of the game's mechanics should not be part of the game.
    Last edited by Erethzium; 01-17-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Mass confusion works too
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Mass confusion works too
    Traitorous influence + Mass betrayal is also fun (and comedy spike dps)

Thats how we did it when it happened to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Traitorous influence + Mass betrayal is also fun (and comedy spike dps)

Thats how we did it when it happened to us.
    Dom and Cab have the tools to make the double pull a complete joke. Could probably pull some good shenanigans with Sab too.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Rift Master

I assume you mean 3rd boss (unless you aren't counting Bodyguards as a boss), since the elixir guys are before Doctor Perfidius or w/e he's name is.

Anyways, if this is an issue it seems to be random. I ran EC last night with my guild and I don't recall getting two groups of them at any point. I have seen it happen in the past when I have been DPS, but it seems to be a sporadic issue. I agree it needs to be addressed since it's really annoying if it happens, but it's not all the time.

There are dozens of ways you can deal with this or any other odd situation you find in an Expert.

Other solutions:
    Double Heal that packs
    Double Tank the packs
    Double Tank and Double Heal
    Use CC (OMG NO DONT MAKE ME USE CC!!!)
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Erethzium View Post
    Glitches/bad programming causing extremely hard TRASH pulls that require specific specs or deaths and tricky use of the game's mechanics should not be part of the game.
    Some would call these things an unexpected bit of variation and fun.

Woe be it that there may be a random chance happening that may cause you to actually have to use some of those 6 soul slots where you can creatively combine any 3 of 8 souls and perhaps, just maybe, step OUTSIDE of the tank 'n spank box. Just a little bit. Half a toe.

No? Is there just one solution to every single problem in your life? And if that one single way of doing something doesn't work, its "Impossible" and you give up?

C'mon.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

There is a certain set of trash mobs in Empyrean Core, just before the 2nd boss, that walk around the boss in a circle path.

...Often, two of these trash packs will spawn right on top of each other, and walk around right on top of each other, making it IMPOSSIBLE to pull them separately.

Thus, making the pull pretty much impossible due to insanely high tank damage and insanely high group damage when people get Elixer'd.

Please fix this, Trion. It's pretty much a "Welp, dungeon ends here I guess." every time it happens.
    The more trash there is, the more fun I have. Tell your group to quit using single target specs on trash. Your dungeon runs will go quicker, you'll have more fun, and you get to blow stuff up with AoE.

/love dominator

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Use CC (OMG NO DONT MAKE ME USE CC!!!)
    ...The mobs in question are immune to CC.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Woe be it that there may be a random chance happening that may cause you to actually have to use some of those 6 soul slots where you can creatively combine any 3 of 8 souls and perhaps, just maybe, step OUTSIDE of the tank 'n spank box. Just a little bit. Half a toe.
    But the point is that this is a glitch and should NOT be happening. I'm pretty sure Trion doesn't intend for people to make tricky use of the game mechanics, or use specific souls, just for a single trash pull in a dungeon which only happens sometimes because of bad programming.

It is not "stepping outside tank'n'spank box half a toe" when you're using tricky pulls and such to get around a glitch.

Any group damage during those pulls means you are failing mechanics.

When someone is targeted they can outrun the mobs quite easily. The mobs can be knocked or pulled back to the tank. (They are not immune to all CC, either.) If the targeted person starts far enough back the mobs will not even chase them (aka ~30m range)

If the adds are staying alive long enough to chase more than a couple group members then you are failing to interrupt the main enemy's cast which heals them. Or you don't have anyone in an AoE damage spec.

If the tank is simply losing aggro on the adds then he has probably gotten the elixir, when it wears off he will drop threat, so the tank needs to immediately AoE taunt them back.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-18-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Any group damage during those pulls means you are failing mechanics.

When someone is targeted they can outrun the mobs quite easily. The mobs can be knocked or pulled back to the tank. (They are not immune to all CC, either.) If the targeted person starts far enough back the mobs will not even chase them (aka ~30m range)

If the adds are staying alive long enough to chase more than a couple group members then you are failing to interrupt the main enemy's cast which heals them. Or you don't have anyone in an AoE damage spec.

If the tank is simply losing aggro on the adds then he has probably gotten the elixir, when it wears off he will drop threat, so the tank needs to immediately AoE taunt them back.
    to some this is common sense. to others...... they make forum threads to complain

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    to some this is common sense. to others...... they make forum threads to complain
    So alerting Trion of a bug with enemy spawns is "complaining"?

Sorry that I'm not suberuberl337 with uberBiS gear and can handle double trash pulls like everyone else seems to be able to. The point still stands that the spawns are bugged sometimes, and I'm very sure Trion does not intend for this to happen.

Iri
    Champion

So alerting Trion of a bug with enemy spawns is "complaining"?

Sorry that I'm not suberuberl337 with uberBiS gear and can handle double trash pulls like everyone else seems to be able to. The point still stands that the spawns are bugged sometimes, and I'm very sure Trion does not intend for this to happen.
    Dude, you're not getting it. It has nothing to do with gear. I had this happen to me my first time ever in the expert because I didn't know the elixir mechanic, so I died and we wiped. The wipe put the pats on top of each other. As a healer in greens and blues with a group that wasn't geared for raids we went through the double pulls like a hot knife through butter without even double healing because the support and both dps went ae, the tank and I coordinated cds, and we didn't fail the mechanics.

The point that people are trying to make is that a problem that can be easily solved by the players with intelligent use of the available tools is not a problem worth asking Trion to invest time in solving when there are other problems that actually can't be solved by players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast