+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: "The Giant" on Progenitor

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default "The Giant" on Progenitor

    Has anyone figured out a way to avoid(mitigate) the Zone of Defilement(the line nuke from the Giant)?

    Like all other line nukes(see: Typhiria), it is NOT firing with the graphic at all(IE towards the tank) and has a tendency to give the raid -25% damage for the entire fight, which makes the shield a complete pain in the ***.

    Obviously a bit more dps would solve the problem but it seems like an arbitrary -25% damage for all but one phase of the fight is not intended, especially if theres an achievement for the ability.
    Last edited by Caldern; 01-17-2013 at 11:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara Valavus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Yeah, we all get smacked by it. Just another episode of the Rectangle AoE visual bug showing up for fun. Tons of bosses have it...you just have to power through it until Trion decides it's worth fixing. Just think of it as wearing weighted clothes to prepare you for what's coming..that's all I'm gonna say.
    Last edited by Valavus; 01-18-2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Ron Paul. It's not too late America.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Tarjoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    116

    Default

    We usually just stack to the side of him at max melee range. Seems to work pretty well. Zone of Defilement seems to be a cone rather than the hitbox it shows. We still get hit by it from time to time (alot even when the other mobs get the ability aswell)

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Valavus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    869

    Default

    There is one particular mob that will actually face the raid when he casts it...that one you can move out of when he does it. But the other ones are a crapshoot, just be ready to eat a few at once, as they can cause random deaths if you get smacked with a couple while moving out of a purple.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    There is one particular mob that will actually face the raid when he casts it...that one you can move out of when he does it. But the other ones are a crapshoot, just be ready to eat a few at once, as they can cause random deaths if you get smacked with a couple while moving out of a purple.
    Yeah, weve had assorted deaths to getting hit by 3 of them and the dot.

    Managed to power through it last night finally, nice to know the issue isnt exclusive to us at least.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Keavhavdra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134

    Default

    You guys actually die to this? Only person in my guild who gets this on them is me and I'm tanking them...

    Try kiting the pack to the right and in front of the raids path. So no one is in front of you keep the last mob separate from progenitor you can have range on one melee on other and just watch for the purple crap that way only tank(s) eat zone of defilement.

    As for the visual bug, can't say I've experienced it on that fight tbh.
    Guild Master/ founder of <Coral> @ Icewatch
    Founder of Paradoxical
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 4/5 EE
    Guild Site
    guild no longer active!

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keavhavdra View Post
    You guys actually die to this? Only person in my guild who gets this on them is me and I'm tanking them...

    Try kiting the pack to the right and in front of the raids path. So no one is in front of you keep the last mob separate from progenitor you can have range on one melee on other and just watch for the purple crap that way only tank(s) eat zone of defilement.

    As for the visual bug, can't say I've experienced it on that fight tbh.
    Thats just it, it ALWAYS looks like its aimed at the tank, but tends to hit the raid. In the final phase the ability tends to behave normally, its the first 4 minutes or so of the fight when you are still killing all the adds when it fires off at random people without visual cues and can hit up to 3x in a single timestamp that was being a problem.

    We arent necessarily dying to the ability, but to the -25% damage and healing that affect us 60-70% of the fight that makes the enrage timer tight and the shield cast bar get close to 0.

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara Valavus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Thats just it, it ALWAYS looks like its aimed at the tank, but tends to hit the raid. In the final phase the ability tends to behave normally, its the first 4 minutes or so of the fight when you are still killing all the adds when it fires off at random people without visual cues and can hit up to 3x in a single timestamp that was being a problem.

    We arent necessarily dying to the ability, but to the -25% damage and healing that affect us 60-70% of the fight that makes the enrage timer tight and the shield cast bar get close to 0.
    ^this. I'm sure there is a magic butter zone where you won't be hit, but you sure won't have a visual clue as you should. It's far easier to just heal through the 8-9k hits from it than have the tanks and the raid do a damn tango with the mobs while still dealing with other ground AoE's. Like most problems with bugs in Rift, more DPS is usually the answer.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts