+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: PUGs Waiting To Be Kicked

Default PUGs Waiting To Be Kicked

The other day I was pugging Experts and got everyone's favorite (well, I like it at least): Storm Breaker Protocol. One of the players decides that (a) he doesn't want to run this dungeon, and (b) he doesn't want to wait 30min to run another Expert. So he zones out and leaves the rest of us down a player. We can't kick him because of the cooldown, and we don't feel like trying to 4-man it. So our options are to (a) quit ourselves and be subjected to a 30min cooldown because someone was being a jerk, or (b) be held hostage by said jerk for 10min.

If you queue for an Expert and get one you don't like, don't be a jerk and make people wait because you're a special little snowflake who shouldn't have to wait 30min for another Expert. You are not special. You are being a jerk.
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    The other day I was pugging Experts and got everyone's favorite (well, I like it at least): Storm Breaker Protocol. One of the players decides that (a) he doesn't want to run this dungeon, and (b) he doesn't want to wait 30min to run another Expert. So he zones out and leaves the rest of us down a player. We can't kick him because of the cooldown, and we don't feel like trying to 4-man it. So our options are to (a) quit ourselves and be subjected to a 30min cooldown because someone was being a jerk, or (b) be held hostage by said jerk for 10min.

If you queue for an Expert and get one you don't like, don't be a jerk and make people wait because you're a special little snowflake who shouldn't have to wait 30min for another Expert. You are not special. You are being a jerk.

I dont disagree with you about the person being a jerk, but I have question borne of curiosity? Have you every afk'd in CQ or a Warfront cause you were on a loosing team/didnt like it/ just wanted Faction/prestige/valor/marks ? I'm not accusing you of this!!. But wouldn't it be funny of that person was a scorned PvP'er lol.
    Last edited by The Ic0N; 01-17-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

I can't stand SBP. I'd leave if I got it on a random rotation. I guess I'm a jerk.

This can be rectified by Trion deactivating the dungeon completely.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    I dont disagree with you about the person being a jerk, but I have question borne of curiosity? Have you every afk'd in CQ or a Warfront cause you were on a loosing team/didnt like it/ just wanted Faction/prestige/valor/marks ? I'm not accusing you of this!!. But wouldn't it be funny of that person was a scorned PvP'er lol.
    PvP'ers afk'ing in pve content? ... THAT is not fair ... Trion do something.

On topic, jerks like that you find in every mmo where you have a debuff for leaving an instance ... and Trion could maybe add a "you're not doing any activities in this instance, beside running into a wall" automated afk flag option to reset the kick option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
    He wasnt wearing hes rank 8 gear he had 0valor with that crit on full valor ppl i crit for 6k only.

There should be some consequence for someone who is holding up the rest of the group. I absolutely loath playing the mechs, but I got a very nice drop from the final boss of this dungeon one time and would be remiss to skip it ever again.

Guess you could always file a ticket with the GM and they may get back to you in 10 days.
    Beware the Penguin...

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    I can't stand SBP. I'd leave if I got it on a random rotation. I guess I'm a jerk.

If you leave it nobody thinks you're a jerk, it's the people that leave it without leaving the group that are the issue.

General of Telara

You may now go back to discussing why Rogues are OP or something.
    Trion they out dps at range!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UN FAIR

On Topic: Had same issue once before, totally sucked. Ran instance anyway and kicked him asap. It sucks but I guess you should do what you need to do to make the most of those 10 minutes, whether it be to push on or just drop and go chill a bit
    The Riftguard
    Deepwood :: TDQ 4/4 :: FT 2/4
    Morning Raiding Guild - Recruiting!

Atrius: "Paragon seems solid. At Level 60 I came in at the top of IA damage."

Telaran

I have ran into this a few times. Here's what I do it if helps:

If 4 manning the instance is not an option. I will typically pop out of the instance, just like they did for 10 minutes and go do something else. It sucks that it delays what I wanted to accomplish, but it beats sitting there staring at the entrance to a dungeon for 10 minutes.
    Scribble: 60 Mage
    Tublim: 50 Rogue
    Rachtor: 50 Cleric
    Camilo: 50 Warrior
    4/4 TotDQ | 3/4 FT | 2/5 EE <Pax Illuminatus> Faeblight

SBP (and especially the first two bosses) can be easily 4 manned if not less. You could probably even 2 man the first boss if you just took turns tanking. Everything past that up to third boss can be skipped but that still takes time but at least that way by the time you get there you can kick the person who left, invite someone new, and as soon as they zone in explain that you're already past the robot section so they can stay.

Still don't know why anyone dislikes SBP. I find it rather fun.

If you queue for a random dungeon you are accepting the possibility of getting any dungeon and thus the responsibility to contribute to the completion of that dungeon.

If you leave that's fine (unless you're the tank, then you'll probably be seen as a jerk), you get a 30 min debuff for failing to attempt the dungeon.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    SBP (and especially the first two bosses) can be easily 4 manned if not less. You could probably even 2 man the first boss if you just took turns tanking. Everything past that up to third boss can be skipped but that still takes time but at least that way by the time you get there you can kick the person who left, invite someone new, and as soon as they zone in explain that you're already past the robot section so they can stay.

Still don't know why anyone dislikes SBP. I find it rather fun.
    Can actually solo up to and including the first boss, it just takes a long *** time. At least when you do it you know you're not going to have that 1 guy that likes to make it take longer by not moving away from the boss to get him close to a barrel.

ETA: unless of course you're a masochist.
    Last edited by Shoggoth1890; 01-17-2013 at 01:20 PM.

And yes, I do realize that in the Grand Scheme of Things (tm), waiting 10min for someone to get kicked from a dungeon so I can go on playing a silly little game is not a big deal... but it is frustrating and I felt the need to vent - not whine, just vent a little.
    You'd think he'd realize that you can't vote kick with the debuff on. While I want to say I hope it doesn't happen again, I know it will... just tell them if they want to be votekicked, to log out and stay disconnected. You're able to kick disconnected people during the debuff.

Rift Chaser

This is a really glaring loophole in the random dungeon system. I have had it done to me and it sucks. I have done it myself once. Back in classic dungeons, I was tank and the 3 "dps" were doing under 1k each. I asked to be kicked (vote kick timer was available) and they refused, so I just went and did other stuff. After 10-15 minutes of them yelling and me ignoring them, they vote kicked me.

A very simple solution exists I think. If you leave the dungeon, you get a 60 timer and if you don't get back into the dungeon in that time, you get kicked from the group and get the deserter buff. It would work just like the timer if you leave the group inside an instance and get kicked out after 60 seconds. Now sure, someone could zone in once every 59 seconds to reset the timer, but that's a pretty big hassle. This would solve 90% of cases. It would take a true troll to zone in and out over and over just to screw people over.

Also, they could just remove the vote kick timer altogether. There are lot of situations were it becomes clear in the first minute or two that someone needs to be kicked. I've had people join and say "AFK gotta go pick up the kids". I've had people join and go link dead (can't kick till they are fully d/c). I've had tanks with no tank specs, DPS doing 1k DPS, etc. Maybe I am overlooking something basic, but what exactly is the need for the 10 minute vote kick timer anyway? If people are going to kick you for some random reason, I'd rather they do it right at the start than 10 minutes into the dungeon. I just fail to see what additional abuse could occur if groups could vote kick people right away compared to the current system, where trolls and baddies have 10 minutes of immunity.
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

Or it could be rectified by you going back to Hello Kitty Island Adventure so that your gaming content does not exceed your gaming limits.

Rift Master

IMO the solution to this is scenario where people just zone out and hold groups "hostage" is to treat it as griefing, allow tickets to be submitted, and respond swiftly with a temporary ban, and a permanent ban for repeat offenders. This would send a clear message that this sort of behavior is NOT socially acceptable in the game and punish the people who think they have a right to be so disrespectful to other people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast