+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: FT3 Twins -- Assistance with wisp-related derping.

Soulwalker

Default FT3 Twins -- Assistance with wisp-related derping.

Was wondering if any raiders out there could help me with the following problem. I have reviewed all the guides on the subject but haven't found answers to these specific problems anywhere:

(1) Before I had ever attempted the fight, it was my understanding that there were 3 wisp "rounds" that began at 30%, leading me to believe that they occured every 10% or every 20 seconds (30%/3 or DebuffCooldown/3). However, last night I noticed a wild variation in their first spawn (spawned while the lowest of the two twins was at 39%) and their subsequent spawns.

(2) Is the wisp-reactive capped at a certain number of players? For example, if three are standing under the wisp, will all 3 receive the reactive or will it chose 2?

(3) Can the debuff be acquired simply by having the reactive appear on your screen? During some attempts our 2nd group (who we had instructed to stay middle-wise for the last 30%) reported that they didn't get the reactive if they had been close to the 1st wisp.

I look forward to your responses.

1) It's sub 40%. We aim for our first LoS (which is at 2:50) to happen at around 45% to prevent the LoS and wisps spawning at the same time.

2) I believe it's only two people get the reactive. We have ALL players move out of the "circle" at the center of the room. Just have your middle healers/support stand away to prevent them from getting it and have your wisp team move in.

3) The debuff only comes after the channel is complete to my knowledge.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 01-17-2013 at 06:02 AM.

Plane Walker

I think the twins just do whatever they want to **** **** up.. We've had tries where the LoS didnt happen until randomly at 5min, aswell as having it happen at 1:30 and 2:30 like yesterday

Anyways that doesn't really have anything to do with what you asked, just a random sidenote that the fight is really weird sometimes. I believe everyone in the middle gets the reactive, not just two. And i do think you still get the debuff even if you don't channel the entire duration.

Shadowlander

Hi there! I've observed 3 people channel at once so I believe anyone standing in the middle will get the reactive. *Very important* --> the reactive will only be clickable if the wisp is your current target (tar Vortex) so the people in the middle should be prepared to have the wisp targeted. This part I keep screwing up!! Also, "Defuse" takes time to channel so just to be safe the wisp-team should begin channeling before the wisp is halfway through its raid wiping Flare ability. Hope this helps! It's a tricky bit.
    Last edited by Davus; 01-17-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaitiing View Post
    I think the twins just do whatever they want to **** **** up.. We've had tries where the LoS didnt happen until randomly at 5min, aswell as having it happen at 1:30 and 2:30 like yesterday

Anyways that doesn't really have anything to do with what you asked, just a random sidenote that the fight is really weird sometimes. I believe everyone in the middle gets the reactive, not just two. And i do think you still get the debuff even if you don't channel the entire duration.
    LoS is a set time, 2:50, 3:50 and then 6:00.

If you see anything different you should submit a bug report.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    LoS is a set time, 2:50, 3:50 and then 6:00.

If you see anything different you should submit a bug report.
    http://sv.twitch.tv/pawnish/b/357601406
    start at 0:53:50

I think its if you push the dps somehow... we were actually wiping to it a couple of times...
    Last edited by Whaitiing; 01-17-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaitiing View Post
    http://sv.twitch.tv/pawnish/b/357601406
    start at 0:53:50

I think its if you push the dps somehow... we were actually wiping to it a couple of times...
    Definately not right. You could be correct about the DPS though, you're pushing them really quick. Maybe it's some sort of fail safe included to prevent raids from ignoring the LoS if they can kill them within the first 2:50.

Prophet of Telara

Yes theres an issue whith dps being too high where LoS/Wisp happen at the exact same time causing wipes. Easy way is to afk for like 20 secs at a predetermined % and wait for the los. And it's still killable in under 5min so win-win

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    Yes theres an issue whith dps being too high where LoS/Wisp happen at the exact same time causing wipes. Easy way is to afk for like 20 secs at a predetermined % and wait for the los. And it's still killable in under 5min so win-win
    This is weird... Are you not placing the twins behind the pillar when the los is about to happen, so that you are able to los and defuse the wisps at the same time? Obviously in our case it was a bit messy since we didn't really know when the wisp was about to happen.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Davus View Post
    Hi there! I've observed 3 people channel at once so I believe anyone standing in the middle will get the reactive. *Very important* --> the reactive will only be clickable if the wisp is your current target (tar Vortex) so the people in the middle should be prepared to have the wisp targeted. This part I keep screwing up!! Also, "Defuse" takes time to channel so just to be safe the wisp-team should begin channeling before the wisp is halfway through its raid wiping Flare ability. Hope this helps! It's a tricky bit.
    Thank you. I believe the answer to why we were screwing up was in the targetting. As a follow-up question (or confirmation) has anyone done this where all 6 (both sets) of wispers go to the middle at 35% and just stay there, only moving out after their turn has come and gone.

I would definitely push for your clickers to have a /tar macro for the vortex and to make the process even faster, they should drag the reactive to their bar on a prior attempt (just move it to another bar after the fight if they need that slot). Pushing too fast does cause large issues with LOS as the Wisp phase will start at roughly the same time. As others stated, id hold all DPS outside of chloros/tank when you get to about 45-48% (unless you still have ample time to deal with the first wisp before the LOS phase at 2:50). In our kill last night , to throttle down DPS, we didnt bard/archon debuff the twins or use flaring/orchestra till after first LOS- it didnt lower overall DPS enough to not have to full stop for a bit, but helped out as there was less downtime.Then LOS , and have your first group move to the middle.

One way to make the vortex easier is to have set groups of people who will go in and have no one else near the middle at that time (and the clickers remain out of the cirlce till the wisp spawns) - this will prevent ground aoes being dropped there and killing a clicker mid-channel.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RECRUITING* for SL

TotDQ 4/4 3/4 FT 2/5 EE

Visit our website for more information

Quote Originally Posted by Nazareth01 View Post
    has anyone done this where all 6 (both sets) of wispers go to the middle at 35% and just stay there, only moving out after their turn has come and gone.
    I kinda mentioned that in my response, but I wouldnt do that- 6 people in the middle will result almost certainly in an AOE being placed on one of those people which could either slow them down in positioning to click or even kill them if they are midchannel and the aoe is placed at that point.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RECRUITING* for SL

TotDQ 4/4 3/4 FT 2/5 EE

Visit our website for more information

Quote Originally Posted by erik478 View Post
    I kinda mentioned that in my response, but I wouldnt do that- 6 people in the middle will result almost certainly in an AOE being placed on one of those people which could either slow them down in positioning to click or even kill them if they are midchannel and the aoe is placed at that point.
    Agreed. I'd suggest having only the two people that have their turn "next" be in the middle at any given time as the wisp phase approaches.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nazareth01 View Post
    Thank you. I believe the answer to why we were screwing up was in the targetting. As a follow-up question (or confirmation) has anyone done this where all 6 (both sets) of wispers go to the middle at 35% and just stay there, only moving out after their turn has come and gone.
    I havent actually done this wisp mechanics myself, but i remember people saying they didnt get the reactive if they were standing in the middle sometimes. Also, by standing in the middle all the time you increase the chance of placing a orange bad circle there, which will hurt you when you want to defuse the wisps.

Rift Chaser

We had people claim they weren't getting the reactive as well. I didn't have an issue getting the reactive every time it was my turn. What we ended up doing was numbering the raid 1 through 8 and an arrow marker. 1-3 would get first wisp, 4-6 second wisp, 7 - 8 and arrow get the 3rd wisp. Having 3 people assigned is nice in case someone is dead or derps.

That said, we got it to 8% last night and 2 of the 3 people derped and we died on the last pull of the night. Ouch! We'll get it tonight though.
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast