+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Clarification on hotfix4 Dropped Raid gear upgrades

  1. #1
    Ascendant Steelwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,114

    Default Clarification on hotfix4 Dropped Raid gear upgrades

    "* Dropped Raid gear can now be upgraded using Empyreal Marauder's Cells. Upgraded pieces gain the raid set bonus."

    Does this include ToDQ and Raid Rift drops?
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Haipaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    424

    Default

    95% sure Raid Rifts aren't included. 10-man should be.
    AFK.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    95% sure Raid Rifts aren't included. 10-man should be.
    This

    10char
    \

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Confirmed that raid rift items are not included. The stats on the item don't change, it just becomes included in the synergy crystal set bonus.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

  5. #5
    Ascendant Steelwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JorlynEndless View Post
    Confirmed that raid rift items are not included. The stats on the item don't change, it just becomes included in the synergy crystal set bonus.
    This is actually quite significant. I don't have to try and match 4 piece bonuses anymore cause some raid drops are better than the raid vendor gear.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Yep, it's actually quite awesome. I was able to get to 3-pc and buy the upgraded synergy crystal because of this.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    This is a great change and and a fix something that has bothered me since good set bonuses showed up in WoW. Someone deserves a gold star for the month for this one.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Steelwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inshalla View Post
    This is a great change and and a fix something that has bothered me since good set bonuses showed up in WoW. Someone deserves a gold star for the month for this one.
    I agree. Warrior raid set gear purchased by Marks are horrible
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    I agree. Warrior raid set gear purchased by Marks are horrible
    Me and you often agree steel, but warriors having to grind megatons of infinity stones to buy the empyrean cells is garbage. It is not our fault the relic gear sucks. There is already too much to buy with infinity stones. Sigh, more grinding for me I guess. Am I playing Aion again?
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

  10. #10
    General of Telara Asaomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJoyTheSilence View Post
    Me and you often agree steel, but warriors having to grind megatons of infinity stones to buy the empyrean cells is garbage. It is not our fault the relic gear sucks. There is already too much to buy with infinity stones. Sigh, more grinding for me I guess. Am I playing Aion again?
    Good thing it doesn't use Infinity stones to upgrade then. It uses the currency you get from your daily dungeon random. 24 dungeon tokens buys an empyreal marauder's small cell, which upgrades a raid drop to work with set bonus.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    Good thing it doesn't use Infinity stones to upgrade then. It uses the currency you get from your daily dungeon random. 24 dungeon tokens buys an empyreal marauder's small cell, which upgrades a raid drop to work with set bonus.
    Then I take it back, and apologize. I looked the cell up as I am at work at it said used to upgrade adventure gear. I thought those cells cost infinity stones.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

  12. #12
    General of Telara Asaomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    there are 3 types of cells on the world vendor for infinity stones gear upgrades and 3 types of cells on the dungeon vendor used for upgrading dungeon gear and now raid gear.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

  13. #13
    Ascendant Ajax1114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    This change emotionally tweaks me in a bad way. Cause I just got rid of TDQ raid feet like 1-2 days ago on account of my never using them. And I passed on other TDQ raid gear to trash cause it wasn't an upgrade for any of our mages.

    What's the foresight with the 4pc raid crystal anyway? Is this supposed to be a backwards way of nerfing content by giving people a quicker path to raid level synergy crystals? And now RNG being a significant path to the crystal, too.

    This leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. An angry and irrational one, but nonetheless based in some legitimate concern.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker Essentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Considering the options weren't there you technically didn't get screwed here. Think of it as now when gear drops you have the option of upgrading it so they effectively added more loot to the tables.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Steelwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJoyTheSilence View Post
    Then I take it back, and apologize. I looked the cell up as I am at work at it said used to upgrade adventure gear. I thought those cells cost infinity stones.
    Actually I also looked it up and I thought they cost Infinity stones. I have 1200 saved up but if it's Expert marks even better.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts