+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redcruxs

Thread: Question about DPS in SL experts and raids

Telaran

Default Question about DPS in SL experts and raids

So I was in an expert the other day and the tank was complaining that our damage was too low. I was one of the DPS and it was the first time that someone in a dungeon complained about it. I don't use meters in dungeons (only on dummies when testing new builds) and didn't bother to ask him how much I was doing. So instead I asked him how much DPS was acceptable in an expert, but no answer.

The build that I use parses around 6.5k DPS, but that's irrelevant to my question.
    So: assume al DPS are doing the same damage, what damage output (per person) is acceptable in an expert dungeon? And in raids?
    Last edited by Ferdinator; 01-15-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Need more info before we can give an accurate answer. What class are you? Are you asking on boss fights or trash? Single target or aoe? My rogue which for dps, is in mostly dungeon blues/purples does between 12-18k single target in nightblade and 15-23k in ranger/sab. Higher values for both in raids obviously due to more buffs, potions, whetstones, etc. Can't speak for other classes on dps since I haven't played them past lv50.

*edit*
    As a side note both of those builds are over performing right now and will be getting tweaked in a hotfix soon.
    Last edited by Asaomar; 01-15-2013 at 05:43 AM.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    Need more info before we can give an accurate answer. What class are you? Are you asking on boss fights or trash? Single target or aoe? .
    I'm a warrior. The question is about ST damage output in boss fights.

With good expert dungeon gear you should be able to pull 8-10k dps easily with rb/champ/temepst. 20k+ on trash with a champ build aswell.
    Member of Game Under.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinator View Post
    I don't use meters in dungeons (only on dummies when testing new builds) and didn't bother to ask him how much I was doing.

The build that I use parses around 6.5k DPS, but that's irrelevant to my question.
    dummy dps is no where near the same as boss dps. is there any reason you don't run your parser during dungeons? If we knew how much dps you were doing on the boss then we'd be able to help you better

in most pugs that I tank, 7-10k dps is very good, 4-7k is medium/low, and 0-4k just blows my mind

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Azunia View Post
    With good expert dungeon gear you should be able to pull 8-10k dps easily with rb/champ/temepst. 20k+ on trash with a champ build aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    In most pugs that I tank, 7-10k dps is very good, 4-7k is medium/low, and 0-4k just blows my mind
    Thank you! These are the answers I was looking for. Seems I should try that rb/champ/tempest build asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    dummy dps is no where near the same as boss dps. is there any reason you don't run your parser during dungeons? If we knew how much dps you were doing on the boss then we'd be able to help you better
    The problem is that when I use a meter in a dungeon, I am constantly looking at the meter and not really paying attention to the fight mechanics .

The problem is that when I use a meter in a dungeon, I am constantly looking at the meter and not really paying attention to the fight mechanics .
    Only thing I can think of there is only look at the meter after the boss not during. Or run with guildies and have one of them parse.
    Last edited by Asaomar; 01-15-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Ascendant

Turn it on, but hide it during fights. Pull it up after.

OR

Use ACT and bring it up after fights to see how your parsing. That is more accurate than simple meter (which i assume your using).

+ Reply to Thread