Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Question about server first capturing bug.

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default Question about server first capturing bug.

    Is this bug still around? So, theoretically, could No Quarter members transfer to Shatterbone this upcoming reset and grab Regulos server first? Just wondering if we could because that would change our plans and we'd need to see who to transfer. Also, not doing Shatterbone. Just threw out the first server I thought of.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Is this bug still around? So, theoretically, could No Quarter members transfer to Shatterbone this upcoming reset and grab Regulos server first? Just wondering if we could because that would change our plans and we'd need to see who to transfer. Also, not doing Shatterbone. Just threw out the first server I thought of.
    That....isn't really a bug.

    =\

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Eosmeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Trion probably didn't anticipate people using cross shard raids to grab server firsts in such a manner, as of now you could probably be a hoebag and get all of them if you so chose

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    That....isn't really a bug.

    =\
    Oh, ok, color me surprised. I guess we will be doing this. Again, totally NOT on Shatterbone. It will be some other server our members can find fun.

    Some of them hate our server because it is not as populated, others hate it because they can't farm mats as well because of so many kiwi's and aussies. So, we are giving them the option to transfer out since they can still raid. Who knows, they might choose different servers. I am very glad this game feature allows us to do this.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 01-14-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Eosmeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741

    Default

    So the high pop shards like deepwood, faeblight, and greybriar where there's other guilds who are working hard on regulos progression.

    I guess server firsts won't mean much anymore with this issue active.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Oh, ok, color me surprised. I guess we will be doing this. Again, totally NOT on Shatterbone. It will be some other server our members can find fun.

    Some of them hate our server because it is not as populated, others hate it because they can't farm mats as well because of so many kiwi's and aussies. So, we are giving them the option to transfer out since they can still raid. Who knows, they might choose different servers. I am very glad this game feature allows us to do this.
    omg elitist jerks top raiders taking shard first greedy ****heads notsurprised.jpg imsoweenz imsomels mad mad whaaa alltopraidersaretwats ilostallrespect

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eosmeep View Post
    So the high pop shards like deepwood, faeblight, and greybriar where there's other guilds who are working hard on regulos progression.

    I guess server firsts won't mean much anymore with this issue active.
    We will contact the Trion anti-firsting department first thing and make sure that members with this achievement can not regain a server first. We do not wish to impact these races. We just wish to let our members enjoy all of the game features.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara Eosmeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    We will contact the Trion anti-firsting department first thing and make sure that members with this achievement can not regain a server first. We do not wish to impact these races. We just wish to let our members enjoy all of the game features.
    is that related to the anti-botting and IRS departments?

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eosmeep View Post
    is that related to the anti-botting and IRS departments?
    Depends on how cute you are ;)
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    others hate it because they can't farm mats as well because of so many kiwi's and aussies. [/SIZE]
    Aussies and Kiwi's, world first no gathering for no quarter

  11. #11
    General of Telara Dyeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    kiwi's
    Fancy way of calling someone a fruit?

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    snip
    Again, not a bug.
    It is part of the intended programming of the game, it simply was not antcipated people would use server transfers to gain shard firsts.


    bug==My character randomly exploding now and then.

    You're thinking along the lines of an exploit.

  13. #13
    General of Telara Ardor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eosmeep View Post
    as of now you could probably be a hoebag and get all of them if you so chose
    The very next post ...

    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    ... I guess we will be doing this ...
    Last edited by Ardor; 01-15-2013 at 08:46 AM.

  14. #14
    RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,367

    Default

    I've already made the suggestion that a server "first" is locked to a Guild irrespective of how often they shard jump around and kill bosses not yet killed on less progressive shards, that should keep everyone happy....hopefully

    For me the fact that little Johnny anonymous raider gets to see virtual pixels earlier than me doesn't have me thinking my life is now incomplete

    Looking at a few of the threads which have popped up though shows that for a lot of people chasing 'shard firsts' and clearing content is important to them, so jumping around and sending "commandos" to each individual shard and mass getting shard firsts on, say, Regulos on shards where he hasn't been killed yet would be seen as a "Richard" move.

    All depends on how you want your Guild to be thought of i guess, some people, again from reading various threads and posts thrive on been seen as the 'bad boys' of Rift, famed for exploiting, been muppets, etc.. no need to say who they are

  15. #15
    Ascendant No_Exit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Its not a bug nor exploit. It is however extremely low and dirty and needless to say any guild that does it (intentionally or not) will do so at the cost of reputation and bad publicity. However this bad publicity will extend beyond just the guild doing it to the game itself. Its therefor in Trions best interests to avoid such a situation because not only does it hurt the guilds reputations... but the games reputation.

    In other words... Trion could very well reset ones that happened already, or punish those purposely abusing the situation. Will they?... who knows.... but its certainly in their interests if they want to keep subs.

    At the end of the day though.. you can grab all the "server announcements" you want and it doesn't mean a thing outside of guild advertising.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 01-15-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts