+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 20 mans toggleable too 10 man

Soulwalker

Default 20 mans toggleable too 10 man

hey for those that are not in a serious raiding guild that always has 20 people on and kicks casual players. how about the 20 mans have an option to be run as a 10 man with the relics and crafting mats at the end taken out ,also the marks reduced down to 3 like TDQ so if you want those items you have to run it as a 20 man. this way guilds can help people gear up and those that are raid ready but not able to have a full giuld run can still raid and not become stagnant . sitting in TB with there thumb up there butt. in turn it would give casual players to experience all the new content. this also gives the leets the relic items and able to gear up faster from marks.
    Last edited by quickhide; 01-14-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Telaran

This gets brought up every week. The 10 and 20 mans are meant to be unique. I'm sorry that you didn't make the cut for your guild's best 20 members. Your time is better spent getting better gear from IS, experts, and the current 10 man, in addition (and more importantly) to improving your ability to play your spec(s). On a side note, no matter the size of the raid, from 10-100, there will always be people that don't make the cut. You either improve or go to a guild where you can make the cut.
    Last edited by Luscarino; 01-14-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by quickhide View Post
    hey for those that are not in a serious raiding guild that always has 20 people on and kicks casual players. how about the 20 mans have an option to be run as a 10 man with the relics and crafting mats at the end taken out ,also the marks reduced down to 3 like TDQ so if you want those items you have to run it as a 20 man. this way guilds can help people gear up and those that are raid ready but not able to have a full giuld run can still raid and not become stagnant . sitting in TB with there thumb up there butt. in turn it would give casual players to experience all the new content. this also gives the leets the relic items and able to gear up faster from marks.
    Good idea

Soulwalker

im the guilds main tank and raid leader. but everyweek we only have 13-14 people show up for the raid times . we are a casual friendly guild but unable to get a solid 20 people raid day.. just because the guild i am in has not cleared the 20 mans yet does not mean we are a fail guild. we are not leetest by no means and your attitude is why people hate joining leetest guilds. why get cussed out when you pay to have fun. we helped pay for the new content also yet the majority of the casual players will never get to experience it which is pointless.
    Last edited by quickhide; 01-14-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Luscarino View Post
    This gets brought up every week. The 10 and 20 mans are meant to be unique. I'm sorry that you didn't make the cut for your guild's best 20 members. Your time is better spent getting better gear from IS, experts, and the current 10 man, in addition (and more importantly) to improving your ability to play your spec(s). On a side note, no matter the size of the raid, from 10-100, there will always be people that don't make the cut. You either improve or go to a guild where you can make the cut.
    you can flame someone you do not know. you dont know my gear state or how i play. i was 60 in 4 days raid ready in less than a week. in all purples along with 10 of my guildies. have completed tdq the within the 3rd week SL was released. im not going to join a leetest guild and take abuse that you have proven just to be able to experience new content. [Edit]
    Last edited by Thorne25; 01-14-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Rift Disciple

Trion's Rift dev team doesn't have the resources to create raids that scale of number of users. Certainly would be nice, but certain mechanics demand more people, turning them off completely would ruin the encounter and make it a cake-walk. The Dev team is smaller now than it was before, which may increase efficiency but I doubt it. I've been there standing in HK with 16 people and not finding good pugs or having your committed team not wishing to pug a 20man. It sucks, but then if they did that and you have 14-15 people, that means 4-5 have to sit it out. If you don't want to join in with another guild that is struggling, form a guild alliance and take members from both into the raids. Crafting mats aside, this is a good way to form community bonds too. Heck go cross-shard for your searches too.

Plane Touched

They would need to change a lot (the twins fight is a good example) and trying to balance that AND 20 man content all at the same time would be some feat, as well as take time away from future content.

I would suggest getting into some pug raids, get with your guild raid leader to start up a casual/alt raid, find another guild with low numbers and partner with them to work on raids, or find/start a new guild that is more raid friendly to casuals.

edit: Just saw your response, I guess maybe working on recruiting more players would be something to work on as well as working with another guild would be a good start.
    Last edited by Thorne25; 01-14-2013 at 01:54 PM.

everyweek we only have 13-14 people show up for the raid times . .
    There is your problem, not the game design.

You either:

A) Recruit more raid capable players.

B) Take care of the ones you have in guild to make them more likely to attend.

C) Make a guild alliance.

If you are sitting around in TB - I'm sure you could be working on gearing more of your guildies to attend your raids or recruiting for said raid nights by running server pug expert runs.

Recruit, switch guilds, or keep complaining if you like.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-14-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Telaran

you can flame someone you do not know. you dont know my gear state or how i play. i was 60 in 4 days raid ready in less than a week. in all purples along with 10 of my guildies. have completed tdq the within the 3rd week SL was released. im not going to join a leetest guild and take abuse that you have proven just to be able to experience new content. [Edit]
    You complain about flaming and cussing yet you are the only individual in the thread doing such. I'm sorry that you don't like the answer that 20 mans and 10 mans will remain distinct but that's how it is. As for you making threats about cancelling your subscription, it really doesn't affect me. It's shocking, I know. And yes, I'm sure that you are the best raider in the entire world, with the best gear, and knowledge of this game. The simple fact is, when your raid is short on members, or has too much, you deal with it. You either recruit, implement a rotation, or do what it takes. I'm sorry that you're so unhappy, but that's how it is.

Or you can just come on the forums, get a little cathartic whining in, then realize you're not going to change anything. Your call.
    Last edited by Thorne25; 01-14-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Champion

Guild Alliance. Judging from the number of times this comes up there are a lot of small guilds in your shoes. Take the lead ( you are the guild leader no ? ) and find one to raid with. They are common in games with large raid size ( like EQ ) and work well if you put in the effort to make it work.

This is harder than waiting for Trion to solve your problem but has a much greater chance for success since Trion is not going to do this "toggle" thing for you.

Ascendant

im the guilds main tank and raid leader. but everyweek we only have 13-14 people show up for the raid times . we are a casual friendly guild but unable to get a solid 20 people raid day.. just because the guild i am in has not cleared the 20 mans yet does not mean we are a fail guild. we are not leetest by no means and your attitude is why people hate joining leetest guilds. why get cussed out when you pay to have fun. we helped pay for the new content also yet the majority of the casual players will never get to experience it which is pointless.
    If you think you are in the majority, how come you can't recruit enough people to raid 20-mans?

Rift Master

As an ex WoW player, no. I do not want every raid to be 10 or 20.

Look for alliances and or pugs, or build your guild for 20s ...

Right now my guild is in a good place with a blend of raiders and casuals the casuals know we are working content once on farm we bring them in to see the content.

Commander of The Watch (http://thewatch.enjin.com)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness". Terry Pratchett

Every time I see a thread like this one of the first few posts is someone trying to help the OP only to have the OP call them elitist. It's very difficult to be civil with your ilk because nothing anyone says short of agreeing with you will be met with anything but insults and excuses. It's very frustrating when someone seems to be interested in discourse only to demonstrate otherwise.

I do not hate to be the one to break it to you but few guilds out there have an easy time filling raids. It's difficult to maintain a raid roster which means it takes a lot of work and most people are not willing to put in the work. It's sink or swim, there is no magic third option. Your guild should figure out ways to better recruit or seek out like minded guilds to either merge with or raid with for mutual benefit. The answer is not to cheapen the 20 man content by making it 10 man. This game has content for everyone and nothing entitles you to see all of it without putting in the effort that others have. You pay a subscription fee yes but you clearly are not aware of the terms you agreed to when you paid it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast