Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Dungeos and elitists...dejavu

Plane Touched

Default Dungeos and elitists...dejavu

When i was leveling up pre-storm legion I had alot of trouble with dungeons. Issue was always my dps...seems it was never enough for anyone. Thing is as I continued doing dungeons and getting better gear, my dps improved as did my fighting because I learned the bosses. I reached a point where no one said anything about my dps anymore..and things where good.

Come storm legion dungeons and I'm dealing with this crap all over again.

Quit telling me how to play. Quit kicking me for no reason. I'm not looking to break any dps records...just want to have some fun. Remember "fun?"

It's the reason we have games in the first place.

These new dungeons are hard and Im still learning them, and you riding my *** about my dps doesnt help any.

2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenwyn View Post
    When i was leveling up pre-storm legion I had alot of trouble with dungeons. Issue was always my dps...seems it was never enough for anyone. Thing is as I continued doing dungeons and getting better gear, my dps improved as did my fighting because I learned the bosses. I reached a point where no one said anything about my dps anymore..and things where good.

Quit telling me how to play. Quit kicking me for no reason. I'm not looking to break any dps records...just want to have some fun. Remember "fun?"

These new dungeons are hard and Im still learning them, and you riding my *** about my dps doesnt help any.

2 cents
    Pull your weight or run with your guild. Four random strangers are not obligated to carry you. How is your fun more important than theirs?

I agree, but you just opened a whole can of worms. Fun is a long forgotten term, lost in the days when whichever butthole came up with the term min/max.

That being said, if you are doing terrible DPS and are not able to clear a dungeon, I don't blame anyone for kicking someone for that.
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 01-11-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

2 cents
    I realize you are just venting but maybe your group didn't think it was fun to be grouped with you while you were doing poor DPS. I sympathize with you to a degree but you're asking for empathy seemingly without having any yourself. What you really should do is join a guild with similar goals and run instances with them. The world of PUGs is a nasty one.

2 cents

you don't find it fun to do good dps? I'm not saying it was right for them to kick you for doing low dps, but know i can't stand being bottom of the meter, being carried, or whatever you want to call it. To me at least, I get the most pure enjoyment out of a game when i'm performing the best that my calling/gear can theoretically allow for.

If I have the gear to do 3k dps, and i do 3k dps i'm happy having fun not likely to be kicked. If i have the gear to do 8k dps and i'm doing 3k dps i'm not happy or having fun and much more likely to be kicked. Just remember that it isn't fun for anyone to kick you, they only do it if they feel that you aren't carrying the weight that you should be able to carry because its not fun for other people to have to be held back by someone who's not putting in the effort.
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 01-11-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Telaran

explain me then why (when im assist) i can't play assist or i GET KICK...

im normal i can output about 6-7K DPS" been assist i will prob do 4-5 whit 1-2 K HPS.

the probleme whit people now is that they are too elitists for that game.

if you wanna get elitists. DO IT WHIT YOUR GROUP-CLAN-FRIEND, don'T come jerk youself on other.

when the other is doing OK DMG, nothing here requiere to kick someone. if you go trought the LFG you stick whit it. or eat the debuff and go.

Elitists is nothing in that game. just some people whit a epeen bigger that a other.

i have (in a lot of dungeon) find that i was top DPS, whit 2K below me was the second DPS. did i whinne or even start cursed word. i **** and just finish the dungeon.

stop trying to be elitists. be friend. if you want to be elitists. do it whit people that want. don't push your way of playing on somebody else.

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Pull your weight or run with your guild. Four random strangers are not obligated to carry you. How is your fun more important than theirs?
    I agree here.

DPS is a dime a dozen in this game, but you still have to pull weight.

Now try being a bad healer or tank and see what kind of flack you get lol.

I never get crap because I'm an awesome healer and no one dies in my groups unless I choose them not worthy of my heals.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by daakutenshi View Post

im normal i can output about 6-7K DPS" been assist i will prob do 4-5 whit 1-2 K HPS.

if you wanna get elitists. DO IT WHIT YOUR GROUP-CLAN-FRIEND, don'T come jerk youself on other.

when the other is doing OK DMG, nothing here requiere to kick someone. if you go trought the LFG you stick whit it. or eat the debuff and go.

Elitists is nothing in that game. just some people whit a epeen bigger that a other.

i have (in a lot of dungeon) find that i was top DPS, whit 2K below me was the second DPS. did i whinne or even start cursed word. i **** and just finish the dungeon.

stop trying to be elitists. be friend. if you want to be elitists. do it whit people that want. don't push your way of playing on somebody else.

my 2 cents
    Just based on that post, I'd say a large part of it might be your attitude.
    If a support is asked to switch to DPS, you get two possible ways to decline.
    1) Polite decline
    "I'm sorry, I don't really have a good DPS spec" or "I'd like to practice this support spec"

2) Rage
    "<Expletive> I queued support for a reason <Expletive>"

The second response will get an automatic votekick.
    I don't kick people for being sub-par, I kick them for being jerks... No one wants to play with a selfish jerk.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    I don't kick people for being sub-par, I kick them for being jerks... No one wants to play with a selfish jerk.
    I automatically vote kick anyone who says 'whit'

don't push your way of playing on somebody else.
    Telling people to not be harsh on people who aren't pulling their weight is pushing your way of playing on them. Everyone's a critic. If you can't deal with that you have more important issues to deal with than a video game.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Its not always being elitist...a mage queuing as dps and coming into an expert dungeon and doing 300 dps for example would you think that acceptable? I hate elitism myself but sometimes you have to take a step back and ask just wtf is going wrong there.

It is rare to see anyone get vote kicked by dps alone. If it is on par with your gear nobody seems rage about that, least as far as I've seen. Now if your on full vendor gear and pulling less nimbers than someone in blues then yea that gets peeps panties in a bunch. But if your new to an instance tell people so the know to explain a fight or expect the worse and at least make an attempt to pull decent numbers in whatever spec your needed to play.

my 2 cents
    My hunch is that a well reasoned response to this will be completely wasted. I'm surprised you do not post in all caps.

2 cents
    Five people join a dungeon to have fun. One of those does sub-par dps (way below the other dps), dies a lot to avoidable mechanics (or causes the healer a lot of grief), "accidentally" pulls extra mobs, takes frequent afk's, gets other players killed by being in the wrong place at the wrong time and causing aoe effects to blow people up, whines about not knowing the fights and doesn't listen when they're explained, sits there in tells during a boss fight, uses an AoE spec for a ST fight (or vice-versa), "doesn't have" any other specs to use, talks bad about the other players or simply has a bad attitude, and blames everything on someone else.

I pug nearly everything and I've seen all of the above issues. Every single one of those issues will decrease the fun had by at least 4 of those running the dungeon. Forget about the whole "I, I, I, Me, Me, Me" mentality and consider the fun for the rest of the group. Is your pitiful 3k dps helping them to have fun? It's not about min/maxing or elitism. It's about carrying your side of the stick and not biting off more than you can chew. Dungeons and raids require a concerted group effort and require skill and gear in order to come out victorious with shiny marks and phat loot. By only providing a bare minimum of dps you are wasting other people's time. These are other REAL people with real lives and real families and lots of other things they could be doing and you're wasting their time.

If you can take the time to post here on the forums complaining that you got kicked for not doing enough dps then you have time to glance over at the class guide thread for your class and find a better dps spec that still fits your playstyle. If, even with a better spec and a lot of practice, you find yourself still unable to provide a decent amount of dps then consider running something easier like random normals in order to both get more gear and more experience with your rotation.

my 2 cents
    Shockingly, it is just this attitude that the OP displays immediately prior to being kicked.

Gotta be that DPS and elitists.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast