+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Raid-set helmet weaker than crafted helmet

Default Raid-set helmet weaker than crafted helmet

For warriors: Raid-set helmet: 88 str 68 dex 67 end 62 Critpower
    crafted helmet : 99 str 54 dex 61 end 50 AP
    54,75AP(56,25AP with passive 15 %strength) vs 62Critpower is a downgrade if you get the raid helmet(0,5-1,5crit rating and 6 end could be ignored)

For mages: Raid-set helmet: 88 int 68 wis 69 end 36 SP
    crafted helmet : 99 int 54 wis 61 end 50 SP
    54,25 SP vs. 36 SP...ofc a downgrade if you take raid-set helmet

For rogues:Raid-set helmet: 90 dex 70 str 65 end 36 AP
    crafted helmet : 99 dex 54 str 61 end 50 AP
    52,75 AP vs. 36 AP...same like mage helmet.

Would be nice to get there an itemization fix. Sry could not post cleric helmet my cleric is not 60

it's not just the helmets though, several of the raid drops that you upgrade to relics actually lose some of their base stats when you upgrade them.
    the warrior 2h from EE for example, you lose something like 13ap and 11 strength by making it relic......
    trion plllleeeeeeeease have a serious look into much of the itemisation in Storm Legion, much needs fixing.

General of Telara

this isn't exactly a new issue. I seem to remember back in HK days itemization being horrible too... then ID...
    The Riftguard
    Deepwood :: TDQ 4/4 :: FT 2/4
    Morning Raiding Guild - Recruiting!

Atrius: "Paragon seems solid. At Level 60 I came in at the top of IA damage."

It's been like this since day one sadly, this is the one thing I don't get why is really done so badly in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDancer View Post
    It's been like this since day one sadly, this is the one thing I don't get why is really done so badly in general.
    I`m asking myself why they buffed the belts but left the helmets untouched :/

Plane Touched

People complained that dungeon/raid dropped gear wasn't BiS because mark gear got buffed. People complained that crafted gear is useless. Now you're here complaining that mark helms aren't BiS. How do they make everyone happy?

Two things you need to consider here, mark gear gets set bonus stats/procs. Also, the mark helm is +65 hit. We don't need the additional hit now, but we will.

There are many ways to gear a character, if you don't like a piece over another you don't HAVE to get it.

I like that I don't get the very best gear by just buying whatever the vendor sells me, and I hope people will realize that they need to do some homework to find what is going to work best for them instead of complaining.

edit: This reminds me of all of the people that complained that one of the best healing wands in the game came from expert Iron Tombs.
    Last edited by RogueUnseen; 01-11-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueUnseen View Post
    People complained that dungeon/raid dropped gear wasn't BiS because mark gear got buffed. People complained that crafted gear is useless. Now you're here complaining that mark helms aren't BiS.

I like that I don't get the very best gear by just buying whatever the vendor sells me, and I hope people will realize that they need to do some homework to find what is going to work best for them instead of complaining.

I took these two statements and put them together because i find your perception of value skewed. People complained when crafted gear was useless, they didn't want crafted gear to be BIS, just to have more worth to use to make it competitive. How did you come to the conclusion that Player A: "This crafted sword is worthless" Dev A: "Lets make it BIS!!!" is what was intended?

I've seen the SL crafted weapons take raid drops to make, effort to get them is on par to what they are worth, but the issue that i see, from a warriors standpoint, Neck, Rings, Belt, Armor, Helm, crafted versions are either BIS or near top. Mats are semi-easy to come by, but marks are earned after weeks of going in and taking down bosses, more effort.

raid vendor gear with lesser stats < crafted gear that is some metals/leather/BIS Aug.

I'll put this here again: "Crafted items are useless" =/= "Make crafted gear more worth than Raid vendor items"

edit: This reminds me of all of the people that complained that one of the best healing wands in the game came from expert Iron Tombs.
    Cause Expert IT is harder than GSB/ROS AMIRITE?!?
    Last edited by DemonRage; 01-11-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

It would be nice if at least 4 relic pieces were BIS that way we wouldn't have to down grade gear to keep/get set bonus's. I Like that the dropped gear is mostly BIS but crafted BIS is kinda weak. and either way, relics are the hardest to get so they should be BIS.

it's like whoever put the stats on this gear just assumed we would be foolish enough to say "oh it's orange it must be better" with out reading the stats first.
    Last edited by spowers454; 01-11-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Good luck with this fight. I seriously don't know if the itemizers actually play the game and understand the stats or just use the dartboard or the Twister-esque spinner to decide what stats to put on items.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Not saying this is the case and not saying I agree with it if it was, but perhaps we should ask "Is it intended?"

Perhaps the devs were of the mindset that by making some raid drops not BiS, it would spread the loot around a bit. If you looked at a Raid drop as a side/down grade you'd probably pass on it, allowing a lesser geared guildie a better chance of gearing up. At the same time if you got the upgrade on a character that didn't have that BiS item that took you 26 runs of a particular expert to get, you might continue to chase that BiS keeping that carrot in place.

On the other hand upgrading an item should never result in a stat loss. I can't even find a way to imagine that being intended.

People complained that dungeon/raid dropped gear wasn't BiS because mark gear got buffed. People complained that crafted gear is useless. Now you're here complaining that mark helms aren't BiS. How do they make everyone happy?
    Raid Vendor helmet and raid drops< crafted expert helmet.
    Also they buffed the belts already so that relic belt> crafted belt and not the other case.

Why is cleric raid gear so good, but other classes so bad?

I sense some ahov worshippers in itemization dev dept.

Rogue raid mark hands, belt, and pants all have physical crit which makes them garbage. Not because pc is garbage, but because they aren't putting enough phys crit on the items to make them competitive with items that have AP or crit power. They would need to put 2.5-3x the amount of physical crit to make them worth the AP you give up from another item.

The rogue crafted dps belt and helm are bis with the right aug.

So we now have helm belt bis, raid mark hands and legs junk.

That leaves 3 nice pieces of raid mark gear to buy: boots, chest, shoulders. Two pieces are very very expensive.

And if you want 4pc... You have to take one of the crappy items wih phys crit, like legs.

Its been months since release and dungeon chest pieces are STILL not upgradeable.

I'm not sure what trion did to their itemization gurus to chase them away, but kindly undo it so we can buy raid mark items that are not DOWNGRADES.

I've been sitting on 220+ raid marks for a month because i can't yet afford the raid 2 piece of non crappy raid gears. Nit if the raid hands and belt would have been worthy like the belts i could have 2-3 piece by now. Instead i'm still in dungeon gear because the crystal bonus > stats i would gain.
    Last edited by Hodor; 01-13-2013 at 02:32 PM.

5 Min timer got me, how annoying. Two years of this forum and that is still not fixed, what is the point of having a post which can't be corrected by it's own author? Come on, Trion...

This section SHOULD have read...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    I've been sitting on 220+ raid marks for a month because i can't yet afford 2pc raid of non-junky items. Now if the raid hands and belt would have been worthy like the boots i could have 2-3 piece by now. Instead i'm still in dungeon gear because the crystal bonus > stats i would gain. And I find myself having to save for either the boots + shoulder, or boots + chest.
    Last edited by Hodor; 01-13-2013 at 02:40 PM.

You guys should check out the tanking perspective.

More armor! yay upgrade.

... less endurance... uh... herp?

mostly dodge/parry instead of deflect/block... derp.

The only difference between a crafted rogue tanking helmet and a upgraded relic raid mark helmet is armor. You LOSE endurance, gain zero dexterity, gain 3 str (whoopie?) and a tiny bit of deflect)

So what they're trying to say is that saving up 140 raid marks and killing crucia, then getting the one upgrade item over the rest of your raid is the almost the same thing as getting your hands on some crafting mats and a purple augment costing you a grand total of maybe 250p if you bought everything off the AH.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast