+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Something to buy with Random Expert marks?

Telaran

Default Something to buy with Random Expert marks?

The population of people doing Random Experts seems to have dropped precipitously and I suspect the reason is the very limited number of things one can buy with the marks that you get from the dungeon.

Even in late 1.11 there were plenty of people doing the RED daily so they could get some extra coin and a couple marks to buy higher tier items with. Today I realized I hadn't done one in over a week and have 7xREDs built up but shortly after queuing I further noticed that there was not one thing I could still spend the marks on and simply logged out.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhue View Post
    The population of people doing Random Experts seems to have dropped precipitously and I suspect the reason is the very limited number of things one can buy with the marks that you get from the dungeon.

Even in late 1.11 there were plenty of people doing the RED daily so they could get some extra coin and a couple marks to buy higher tier items with. Today I realized I hadn't done one in over a week and have 7xREDs built up but shortly after queuing I further noticed that there was not one thing I could still spend the marks on and simply logged out.
    Yup. Same here. I'd also like something to do with the 600+ old level 50 marks I have as well...

Don't know if Trion really thought this out. By the time I was level 60 and had enough hit to do the experts my gear was beyond the expert gear (and the end product on upgraded infinity stone gear far outceeds the end product on expert gear). So, except for achieves and team building and "drops" there is no reason to run the experts. Maybe if they redid the gear I would work up a tanking set.
    They also have no expert weapons or accessories???
    Beware the Penguin...

Sad thing is, I used to just do experts for fun. Somehow, the SL experts don't seem to be holding up to repeated runs as well as the old ones. It could just be me. ***inb4 forum sociopaths telling me this somehow makes me "bad"***

When I log in, doing an SL expert is really really low on my "things to do to have fun and progress my character" list. It used to be pretty much #1 before SL.

WTB expert level weapons, rings, off-handers, ranged, seals, trinkets, etc etc etc...

Ascendant

I stopped running experts 3 weeks ago. There's just no point right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    WTB expert level weapons, rings, off-handers, ranged, seals, trinkets, etc etc etc...
    Epic MH, OH, ranged and trinkets exist in experts as drops.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Epic MH, OH, ranged and trinkets exist in experts as drops.
    No ****. I'm talking about being purchasable via marks.

Where the **** do these people come from? lol

The one thing would be possible updates in the future. I had a pile of Plaques from the old world dungeons/dailies and then they allowed us to convert them to PA xp. But I agree, there is no reason NOW to do them besides betting a possible future for them.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Qhue View Post

There is something in the works right now to make the existing Storm Legion marks desirable to more folks.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    The one thing would be possible updates in the future. I had a pile of Plaques from the old world dungeons/dailies and then they allowed us to convert them to PA xp. But I agree, there is no reason NOW to do them besides betting a possible future for them.
    and then they took it away
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Rift Master

Look at any BiS list and you will see 99.9 percent of it go from IS funded gear directly into raid gear with no expert really in the middle. There should be have been a clear cut stepping stone process to gear in SL. ID Gear > ES Gear > IS Gear > Slayer > Frozen.

However because IS is for the most part the easiest token to get per hour, most people like myself when directly from ID into Tier3 of IS Gear to Frozen. So now we're stuck with tons of ES tokens and I don't do Experts as there isn't anything BiS.

The Dev mentions something you can do soon with your marks, what marks specifically in SL? And why isn't there any conversion YET from old world tokens to new ones. Allow us to convert anything into Planarite. We don't need PA as we're capped already, give us something we really do use daily.

Champion

Dont worry im sure they will make our Random expert quest award raid marks soon. Idk why you all are crying. it took a while for this to happen in vanilla rift. you're just crying because they didnt release with dungeons dropping raid marks like Infernal dawn did. I hope they wait quite the while for this =)

General of Telara

Something more we could buy other than armour would be great such as weapons or trinkets, especially trinkets as I think the BIS atm for PVE and PVP is the one from CQ? The dps trinkets don't seem to be dropping much and I have also heard they aren't really much of a dps gain

There really needs to be more diversity of equipment at level 60. Currently there is only 2 epic 2 handers for warriors I know of pre raid (one being the IS stone which I really dont like the look of ) and the other being a very small chance from a rare mob. I think the lack of variety is not very fun at the moment.

I agree that its very early to be thinking of handing out raid marks for sure but give us some cool stuff to get with the expert marks!
    Last edited by Balidin; 01-10-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by istrikeanywhere View Post
    Dont worry im sure they will make our Random expert quest award raid marks soon. Idk why you all are crying. it took a while for this to happen in vanilla rift. you're just crying because they didnt release with dungeons dropping raid marks like Infernal dawn did. I hope they wait quite the while for this =)
    Why would people login for anything other than the two to three days of raiding a week if there is no point in doing the expert dailies? Got a solution for fixing that problem? The community will dwindle if people can't be arsed logging in except for a few days a week for a couple of hours.

Master modes and the fact you could slowly earn raid marks was the reason people logged in daily for their expert in the old rift. This allowed the creation of community amongst your guild members because someone would always been around to chat and chill with. Now there is nothing and it is pretty easy to see the game is suffering for it. Once you hit 60 there is nothing to do and no way to progress outside of raiding. Not everyone can raid so that leaves a lot of people that hit 60, run experts a few weeks for the gear and then are left with nothing to do. Removing that way forward for slow progression has pretty much ruined the game for most people.

Also lol if you think logging in and grinding GH rifts and IAs for rep will keep people coming back for more. Even the time line for that is pretty finite if you are dedicated.

fwiw I am a raider and a guild leader so it is pretty clear what has caused the problem. At the moment it is a struggle to motivate people because the end game is stagnant outside of a few raids a week.
    Last edited by Bronah; 01-10-2013 at 05:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast