+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Please remove SBL from Random expert rotation

Soulwalker

Default Please remove SBL from Random expert rotation

Long, tedious, unfun, gimmicky, extremly gimmicky, occulus...

I know some people say they enjoy it (sounds trollish to me, but w.e.), glad for them, I don't, at all. If players do enjoy it they can click it and go. I won't, and Im frankly getting tired of that 30 minutes debuff...

Please realise that SBL is a mistake, get rid of it, make randoms more better!!!

Plane Touched

seeing as the entire instance takes 25-35 minutes your crying to QQ is probably because you suck at the place yourself not because of the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by IamYoshi View Post
    seeing as the entire instance takes 25-35 minutes your crying to QQ is probably because you suck at the place yourself not because of the instance.
    No no, the instance is ****ing terrible. I cringe every time it comes up.

Now go sit down, junior.

Rift Master

Suck it up. It's annoying yes but just like with occulus in wow, random is random. Deal, queue specific or eat the debuff for deserting.

Ascendant

You can skip most of the trash at the beginning, and then it's very tolerable. I actually enjoy the tower defence part!

Now if only the damned tank sword would drop...
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Ascendant

People that despise SBP generally don't understand the mech.

SBL...Storm Breaker Loticol?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    People that despise SBP generally don't understand the mech.
    .....lol.........

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    .....lol.........
    These are purely my own observations, but any time I queue and get SBP with a bunch of people complaining, they generally do 1/3 of my dps inside the mech.

Rift Chaser

I don't mind it but my guild and I joke about how often it comes up in the random queue.

When we queue for a random, it is almost always SBP or HBF with an occasional Exodus thrown in there.

I run multiple randoms every day and I have been placed in GF four times total, TOS two times, and AOL only one time. The top three have come up in the random queue countless times.

How could this be?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    I don't mind it but my guild and I joke about how often it comes up in the random queue.

When we queue for a random, it is almost always SBP or HBF with an occasional Exodus thrown in there.

I run multiple randoms every day and I have been placed in GF four times total, TOS two times, and AOL only one time. The top three have come up in the random queue countless times.

How could this be?
    Well, when you're dealing with probabilities of 1/7...
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Rift Disciple

I hated SBP for a while too.... Until I realized all the tricks. Most people who hate it just don't know what they're doing, and don't know how to make it stupid fast and easy. And that's not even a jab at the OP or anyone at all, cause I was the same way... I've seen way too many of this thread, and I'm bored at work so here's a quick idiot's guide to not hating Storm Breaker Protocol....

Chapter 1: Initial trash

Don't kill ANY trash in the mech suits. Keep in mind you do NOT actually have to kill the 6 hives like what shows up in the objectives. Simply jump in your suit and run straight towards the wall at the corner there near the first boss, then start spamming spacebar and you'll eventually be able to jump straight up and over the railing, skipping that entire run. Then just keep running until you're right before the lockout at the boss. Most of the trash will have reset, and whatever is left you can just DPS down real quick. Then just wait until you're all at full health, and pull the boss.

Chapter 2: The first boss

Stay the hell away from him and pretend "1" is not even an option on your hot bar. It will usually just get you killed. Just stay back and spam 2 on the boss, hitting 3 whenever it's up and dodging the bad. If he does his big cleavey thing you can pop 5 and stand in it and keep spamming 2. Do this til he dies. If you want, you can do the barrel thingy to make it a little bit quicker but you don't actually have to.

Chapter 3: The gauntlet event before the second boss.

Again, run straight to this point without fighting a single hive or trash mob. Kite it all and it'll reset. Once you've activated the event before the boss, start killing stuff. Just run around spamming 3, 4, and 2. Don't bother with 1. Do this for 2 and a half minutes or whatever until the event has succeeded.

Chapter 4: The second boss.

I've had this boss take anywhere from 1 minute to 8 minutes, depending on how bad people fail... So here's some quick tips to bring it closer to 1 minute. Remember, the ONLY time you're doing any damage to the boss is after both trunks have been dps'd down and he becomes "Exposed". So everyone should be focusing on the trunks (with 2 & 3, NOT 1) and make sure they jump up on him as quickly as possible when he becomes exposed and start spamming 1 (this is really the only time you should ever bother pressing 1 in this suit). Other hint of awesomness.... If you save your cooldown on 3 until he becomes exposed, you get a LOT more dps on the exposed body during that 15 seconds. So jump up, hit 3, spam 1. If the whole group does this relatively well you can do this in about 3 exposed phases total. As long as everyone is doing this at least decently, don't bother dpsing the pestilence spewer at any point. Kill hives in his general vicinity as they come up just to make sure you have room to dps (kill at range with 2 or 3)

If your group has done all this at least halfway decently, then at this point you're out of the suits in as little as 8 minutes or so.

Chapter 4: The third boss

Keep in mind you can skip ALL of the trash pulls prior to the next boss. Simple trick to this boss... Don't have anyone go in the cannon, and don't use support. A decent sentinel or chloro healer can easily solo heal this fight as long as he is killed quickly. He has very low health so if you DPS him fast enough you'll get him dead before the second wave of adds and his damage buff won't be that significant. You need around 22k dps if I remember correctly, which isn't hard to get even in a pug.

Chapter 5: Mine events

May as well use support healing here to make it easier on the healer, cause there's no advantage to having lots of DPS (mines do most of the damage). Cleric tank or 61 void knight tank makes this easy mode. Hell you can even two tank it if you suck. Mines will kill everything. Just have everyone get mines and drop em in the center and watch them die.

Chapter 6: End boss

I don't really know any tricks for this guy... just kill him the normal way, he's not hard.

Other random notes: Technically if you're pro as hell you can get away with hitting 1 sometimes, but as a general rule it's always easier to just spam 2 for everything. Everyone gets a battle rez; use them on the noobs and it rezzes them with a significant amount of health. THREAT IS PROXIMITY BASED. If you're dying, just run away and try to pickup the next health orb.

The end. Sub 25 minute SBP easily. This may seem complicated for a pug to handle, but if you type out a few of these suggestions briefly to the noobs in the group, it's usually still doable. i.e. "We're skipping all trash, follow me if you don't know what you're doing". or "spam 2 instead of 1 and you won't die as much" or "focus trunks, ignore spewer, make sure you jump up on head asap"

People may have some info to add to this or may disagree with me on some of it, but these always get me through the dungeon in a good amount of time and I actually enjoy doing it now.

TLDR: Storm Breaker Protocol is easy and can be relatively quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    People that despise SBP generally don't understand the mech AND how much of the instance you can skip LOL.
    There. fixt.
    Crumbonic's PVP YouTube Video Channel, SUBSCRIBE if you enjoy them!

Legendary Crumbonic lll <Obscured>

"That is All"-- Miranda Priestly, Devil Wears Prada

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    snip
    you can and should be spamming 1 and 2 the entire time you're in combat in the mech as ability 1 will be your top damage apart from aoeing with the flamethrower. advising people to ignore 1 will only make this dungeon worse as their dps will be beyond terrible.

constructive:

spam both 1 and 2 at ALL times in combat, you can get health globes from barrels if your health gets low from being in melee range.

on mech boss #2 you can dps the spewer to spawn the "hive" things that in turn can be killed for health globes. also for boss #2 use the flamethrower to hit both trunks and the spewer, shield first.
    Last edited by fD123; 01-09-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Ascendant

The reason I don't like it is that some people suck with the suit, too.

For the second boss, it's bugged out on me at times, I was jumping through him instead of on his back (I had his back targeted too). So annoying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast