+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zaviel - Arc Weld Prefers Melee DPS targets

Soulwalker

Default Zaviel - Arc Weld Prefers Melee DPS targets

When attempting Zaviel, I noticed that Arc Weld targeted our two melee dpsers something like 90% of the time, and ported them back to the ranged stack. This worked out somewhat because they were able to run back in and break the beam, but I am wondering if this is intentional or a statistical anomaly. The disconnects caused our melee dps to be lower than we would like on that fight.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

just RNG, seemed to be completely random when we did it 2 nights ago for 3.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    just RNG, seemed to be completely random when we did it 2 nights ago for 3.5 hours
    It's really random, first few pulls it was mostly on our melee.. since then most of the times we don't even get the mechanic.
    Aegis Mage
    New stuff dead, need more dragons.

Our raid experienced the same thing as the OP. While I understand it's rng, on our 6 pulls to get the kill, the 2 melee dps, myself and another warrior, were picked 100% of the time.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 01-08-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Rift Disciple

It's not RNG.

About the third pull total that I did on this guy I realized there was a range mechanic attached to that beam, so I stood out of the raid stack and saw what happens.

Just have one of your healers stand further away from everyone else in the raid and 99.99% of the time he'll be the one that gets pull into the raid with the rest. On top of that, Zaviel will target the secondary target so it makes for easy calling out on who the other person will be.

This is, assuming that your raid pretty much all stacks together.
    Last edited by Swishers; 01-08-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Swishers - Cleric - 4/4 FT, 3/5 EE, 4/4 DQ

We had the same thing happen pretty much 100% of the time except during the initial pull sometimes (when people weren't positioned yet). It's actually pretty cool if it's intended, a benefit to having melee during the fight

+ Reply to Thread