+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EE Kain, Cleric tanking Issue

Rift Disciple

Default EE Kain, Cleric tanking Issue

Wanted to Find out if any other cleric tanks have had issue with using DoL to grab aggro on the little adds at start of the Kain fight, and then even though they get out of the white wispy circle thing when they die more adds spawn. I finally started pulling with 7conviction Hammer of Faith, spamming between EJ and Censure for aggro, Moving out of white wipsy circles but if I even used DoL once we would get respawned adds.

Please keep responsed respectful and on topic.

Telaran

Never done it myself, but you could try using Reprieve after the pull to generate a tonne of healing threat.

heals don't automatically generate threat, it only generates threat on mobs that already have a player who you are healing (or you) on their threat list. this is why cleric tanks aren't always the default choice for fights with adds because the adds must first target a player, THEN you have to heal *that* player or someone else who is also healing that player before you can pick up the mobs.

freshly spawned adds don't even register your existance unless you or someone else physically hits them or after a brief spawn delay
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 01-08-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Rift Disciple

er, aggro is not the issue. I have no problems with aggro even to the point of over aggro.

The problem is when I use DoL even once during add phase, when those small adds die, new ones respawn. When I only use EJ and Censure We do not get the second set of adds.
    Rogue tank never gets a second set or warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by scott0301 View Post
    er, aggro is not the issue. I have no problems with aggro even to the point of over aggro.

The problem is when I use DoL even once during add phase, when those small adds die, new ones respawn. When I only use EJ and Censure We do not get the second set of adds.
    Rogue tank never gets a second set or warrior.
    OH i see what you are saying now, that sucks and i have no idea what could cause that. should make a bug report

Hmm, we had cleric/rogue tanks on kain, and didnt have this issue. You sure you are not doing something wrong?

Rift Disciple

And what is it I am doing wrong? I move out of the wispy whites that the small adds do, can be attested to by all my guildies, was trying ot find out if any other cleric tanks had ran into a similar bug. Is a bug that occured on 2 different occasions. first night of attempts and the second night of the kill. And yes, I am getting ever interupt on my reaper.

So you are saying after the first adds died from corpse explosion(white circles) another wave of adds spawns after some time? You are sure it`s not a lack of dps....after this explosion starts a respawn timer for the new adds....so if the second mini-boss is still alive you will get another wave of adds.

Rift Disciple

Well, DOL is not whats causing new adds to spawn, just fyi. New waves of adds spawning is a mechanic in the fight and has nothing to do with cleric tanks.

Here is my pov on our kain kill (I am a cleric tank)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRMwEefAV6s
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

Plane Touched

You are not to kill any adds in P1 except those Blood whatever things.
    Other than that, wasn't DoL usage nerfed so it would not make you auto aggro everything? But I'm not sure on the theory here...

Just don't kill any adds that are already there ´from the start and you'll be fine, just burn the mini boss (if you have NBs they should use Flamethrust or the melee counterpart rather than Flameblitz)
    Mitsurugi
    GAME OVER
    CONTENT CLEARED, REGULOS 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Terrordar View Post
    You are not to kill any adds in P1 except those Blood whatever things.
    Other than that, wasn't DoL usage nerfed so it would not make you auto aggro everything? But I'm not sure on the theory here...

Just don't kill any adds that are already there ´from the start and you'll be fine, just burn the mini boss (if you have NBs they should use Flamethrust or the melee counterpart rather than Flameblitz)
    ^this. If any reaper dies, it triggers a new add wave. Just gotta kill the first boss add before he casts Blood Glutton, which is after one set of bloods and 3 AoE's. Then ya get the fun zombie mini boss!

Edit- Also, have any pet class mages use a ST pet before Kain comes up. They can swap during the transition, and it will take a TON of splash off of the reapers.
    Last edited by Valavus; 01-08-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

The DPS timer was fine (90% certain). Mechanic not an issue. Everything was done the same cept for a couple pulls where he used DoL we saw the new sets of adds spawn vs. when he did not, everything proceeded normally (no adds).

There could be a mediator at play, but from what we've seen, it's the DoL that strongly correlates with new adds spawning.

Need second opinion from Cleric tanks who spam DoL during Kain...
    <Dawn of Error>
    http://dawnrift.guildlaunch.com
    4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

Snugsthehobotank

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodypoo View Post
    The DPS timer was fine (90% certain). Mechanic not an issue. Everything was done the same cept for a couple pulls where he used DoL we saw the new sets of adds spawn vs. when he did not, everything proceeded normally (no adds).

There could be a mediator at play, but from what we've seen, it's the DoL that strongly correlates with new adds spawning.

Need second opinion from Cleric tanks who spam DoL during Kain...
    We also use a cleric tank on this fight, and we do not see the additional adds spawn. Something is causing your mobs to die, and they have such low life it can be any number of things. If anything, your rogue should be causing stuff to do that if they use their teleports constantly.

Rift Disciple

If all the small add die, the next wave spawn, exacly the same as if you kill a reaper, so if you spam DoL, and pull all the add to you, the corpse explosion will kill all small add, the next wave will spawn, and you wipe.

Problem solved.

Rift Disciple

vladvador

If all the small add die, the next wave spawn, exacly the same as if you kill a reaper, so if you spam DoL, and pull all the add to you, the corpse explosion will kill all small add, the next wave will spawn, and you wipe.

THIS IS IT TY TY TY TY. I was at start of the encounter over aggroing and ALL the little adds were coming to me and being blown up. Ty Vlad for pinpointing my issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast