+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Typhiria bug in Tower of the Shattered

Rift Master

Default Typhiria bug in Tower of the Shattered

I've noticed that sometimes her frontal box attack (Storm Blast?) will hit/kill people standing directly behind her even though there isn't any graphic indicating you are in danger. It seems to be a random chance; had a run last night where it didn't and we could stand there, and a later run we all got killed instantly.

While it's a simple matter to run out to the sides when you see the rectangle show up, so not a major concern (like say the AOE graphic of Caltrops which still hasn't been fixed...) this is still (probably?) an unintended bug.

A better bug on the fight is:

If you kill her during the dragon phase the AOE damage aura around you doesn't stop untill it times out. If you take the zone out post that pops up in the back of the room you can kill other players. Best results if you pop up at the Tempest Bay port.

Not quite as easy to do as Rusilla bombs, but gives the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne62682 View Post
    I've noticed that sometimes her frontal box attack (Storm Blast?) will hit/kill people standing directly behind her even though there isn't any graphic indicating you are in danger. It seems to be a random chance; had a run last night where it didn't and we could stand there, and a later run we all got killed instantly.

While it's a simple matter to run out to the sides when you see the rectangle show up, so not a major concern (like say the AOE graphic of Caltrops which still hasn't been fixed...) this is still (probably?) an unintended bug.
    You didn't specify melee or not so there's two things you could be talking about here. When she uses Storm Blast there's a melee range AoE that knocks you back, even the tank should run out of this (doesn't show a graphic). There's also a bug where Storm Blast will not follow the rectangle at all, this is also present in the 10 man raid and you'll see many people complaining about it. The solution is pretty much the same, just keep moving sideways during that cast even if you don't see the rectangle target you.

Ascendant

I don't think I'd call this a bug, or even if it is, it's 100% predictable.

I always just assumed Trion expected players to predict the path the beam takes, and then dodge it accordingly. (Don't stand directly behind the boss). It's not difficult.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

I always just assumed Trion expected players to predict the path the beam takes, and then dodge it accordingly. (Don't stand directly behind the boss). It's not difficult.
    True, but I would consider it a bug because there's no graphic indicator that you're in danger behind her, and every other type of frontal cone ability doesn't seem to do this; standing right behind the boss is a safe zone.

As I said it's not a major critical bug since it's a simple matter to go "Oh, yellow rectangle. Time to move" but it's still seemingly unintended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

Which would be true if it were 100% predictable. The thing is, it has three things it -can- do, which is hit directly behind her, hit the same width area behind her as the front, or operate how we should assume is normal and only hit the indicated area.

That being said, even with the bug, she's arguably the easiest boss in the zone (Fat Psycho Mantis might be easier unless your group is made of derps) even with the bug.
    Last edited by Atropus; 01-01-2013 at 04:51 AM.

I agree with Grinnz. The more our guild see's it, the less I actually think of it as a bug, and more of an extremely hazardous quick-on-the-draw mechanic.

Easily avoidable in Tower of the Shattered(at least every run I've been in).

The only thing that makes it difficult in the 10 man is if the person carrying the orb doesnt move properly.

Ascendant

I tanked this today and was fine just walking through so they possibly fixed this.

Whoever says this wasn't a bug probably never had to tank it and I can say that it definitely is a bug and could be extremely frustrating because you could never predict where the effect actually was. Sometimes you strafe out and get hit, sometimes you're behind and get hit.

I think it's pretty sad that in order to feel elite in a video game you would be in favor of moronic stuff like invisible aoes on the ground, I mean cmon guys.
    Last edited by Malark; 01-01-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Rift Master

I don't think its fixed, it's just random. I did two TotS the other day and one run we were safe standing directly behind her, and the next one it was a one-shot. No idea what the actual code behind it is doing but something is definitely wrong with it.

I haven't had it hit me behind her in Weeks, makes it a lot easier to tank as you just have to run through instead of randomly strafing around and hope you get out of it.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

+ Reply to Thread