+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kasin
  • 1 Post By MoonfireSpam

Thread: infinity stones and dungeons

Rift Disciple

Default infinity stones and dungeons

I am getting the feeling that shortly the population's desire to run expert dungeons will greatly diminish because most people will have more marks than they ever will need. They will still need hundreds if not thousands infinity stones which means there will be tons of people just hanging around town waiting to tag the next event that shows up. I was wondering if there was anyway that the devs could add infinity stones to the dungeon experience. Either by allowing them to be bought with marks, have a choice of them on daily random dungeons, or even have the last boss in each dungeon drop a few.

Thoughts?

Rift Master

I would say the best solution would be to make bosses drop say 2x Infinity Stones, and the final boss drops one or even two Slayer's Marks. That way you also have a reason to continue to run randoms after your 7x are done, instead of just queuing for the one(s) that drops your epic set weapon or an upgrade item.

I got all the drops i want off experts, and the expert marks merchant only has plate gear with crit on it. Warriors need Str-AP-CP-Crit...... Infinity stones vendor has ap plate upgrades. so...

Infinity Stones > Empyrean Slayers Mark
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

Soulwalker

Seriously there needs to be some reward for doing experts. I'm tired of trying to farm a certain item from a run and end up wasting 30m+ in the run with zero reward at the end.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRage View Post
    I got all the drops i want off experts, and the expert marks merchant only has plate gear with crit on it. Warriors need Str-AP-CP-Crit...... Infinity stones vendor has ap plate upgrades. so...

Infinity Stones > Empyrean Slayers Mark
    *looks at all of the Expert gear he bought; thinks back to the IS gear he sold* FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..........

From past experience, i think its pretty obvious that in less than a month they will have xperts reward Frozen Eclipse stone. As far as Infinity stones? Not gone happen.
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFlame View Post
    From past experience, i think its pretty obvious that in less than a month they will have xperts reward Frozen Eclipse stone. As far as Infinity stones? Not gone happen.
    I would much rather have them reward Infinity Stones than Frozen Eclipse Stones.

Seems like the perfect middle ground between the folks who want something useful out of experts and the folks who want to keep raid loot in raids.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I'd much rather every boss in a dungeon award one Infinity stone, and the completion to award two or three of them.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    I'd much rather every boss in a dungeon award one Infinity stone, and the completion to award two or three of them.
    I wouldn't mind this at all actually. But I am here to play devils advocate and would like to see what peeps think about these things.

1) Infinity stones from dungeons, enough to entice people to do them?
    -in a nut shell, though people would like infiniti stones from dungeons, would it really get peeps to que up for pugs? Considering some proposals (1 per boss, 2 for completion), you gotta think that every from of the game is competing for play time. I can kill 15 mobs for 2, or port to a final boss for 8-11 marks without having to deal with the trouble of a pug. In a nutshell, having infinite stones is nice, but will implementing it get the results you want?

2) Conversely, what if the infinit stones awards are really good, and people stop doing open world content?
    -Concerning experts are an endgame feature, I dont really see a problem with this. Heck I'd do anything to bring down the population a bit on some zone events so the lag fest isnt so bad. But if the awards are too great, baren open world might be possible. We may want more from our experts, but we can't overdo it.

3) Dropping various raid marks from experts worked like magic in its intention for vanilla, so why change that?
    -seriously. though many liked the idea, and probably just as many did not, there is no argueing putting marks into expert dungeons and consolidating them brought the population back. No raider ever missed a daily till they were maxed out. Its pretty clear by the pricing of current dungeon currencies that this is the intentional route. They want to give enough wiggle room for it to still be some work when the next tier comes out, but not a walk in the park even by grinding. All preferences aside (I am against it, I'd rather them up the marks in raids, or preferably really make those master modes, truely R1 equivalent and make more than one at a time, rather than add them to experts when next tiers are released), it worked. The population flocked to experts. Why change it?

Oki thats just a few devil's advocate things for our brains to play with. I think some suggestions in this thread are very good, but like many things we thought we'd enjoy in the game *cough, conquest, cough*, some have backfired. I hope that doesn't happen with the future of experts.

NOTE: When mastermodes come out they need to make them truely R1 difficulty level. The bosses need NEW crazy R1 mechanics, and drop some nice R1 gear. There should be real progression in 5 man mastermodes.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 01-02-2013 at 08:38 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

While I agree it would be nice to get at least one infinity stone per boss in experts, it would really really be nice if Kingsward and Morban awarded infinity stones like Steppes and Ashora (I know they do for the event, am talking about carnage quests, etc.). I have close to 500 of the Empyrean Stones that I haven't been able to do anything with since level 57ish. (My crafter is at least able to buy blue essences and break them, but my non-crafter has nothing to buy).
    Beware the Penguin...

They want people farming Rifts to get those like in chocolate. The name of the game is "Rift". Public events, hunt groups, DRR, carnages.... activity on the server not in some closed 5 man instance.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGo View Post
    They want people farming Rifts to get those like in chocolate. The name of the game is "Rift". Public events, hunt groups, DRR, carnages.... activity on the server not in some closed 5 man instance.
    Too bad they are faceroll easy, even raid rifts, which were fairly tricky at times pre-SL. There's 50ish hunt rifts, which are all identical. They have no flavor, just mind numbingly boring. I feel for the people that still need rep and IS. They really didn't put much effort into the open world content.

I would much rather do 5man's than farm rifts. Despite the game being called rift... the fraction of people that play it to farm rifts is probably in the 1%range if that.

+ Reply to Thread