+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Heart of Crucia

Default Heart of Crucia

There is an inherent flaw with the current upgrade system that utilizes both the Heart of Crucia and the Heart of Regulos. All raiding guilds are going to have more of one heart (once either Regulos or Crucia is dead), rendering the abundant hearts useless. For many guilds, it might be as many as 4-6 extra hearts... just laying around.

I propose either allowing the weapons to be upgraded using only one heart (either/or) or allowing the hearts to be used in other ways... either crafting or upgrading a "Desolate" item of your choice into its relic form.

Thanks.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

I propose that this idea be implemented immediately and all foolishly itemized weapons/armor/procs fixed.

Kthnxbai

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by daboohk View Post
    There is an inherent flaw with the current upgrade system that utilizes both the Heart of Crucia and the Heart of Regulos. All raiding guilds are going to have more of one heart (once either Regulos or Crucia is dead), rendering the abundant hearts useless. For many guilds, it might be as many as 4-6 extra hearts... just laying around.

I propose either allowing the weapons to be upgraded using only one heart (either/or) or allowing the hearts to be used in other ways... either crafting or upgrading a "Desolate" item of your choice into its relic form.

Thanks.
    You do realize this wont be an issue for at least 4 more months. Assuming 1 heart per lockout and the same 20 raiders with only 1 weapon to upgrade, we need 20 hearts. This will take 5 months.

Uh, no.

It is an issue as soon as you start collecting hearts.

You are going to have more of one heart than the other. Unless your first kills on Regulos/Crucia are in the same week.

Moreover... the same 20 people for five months? Get real. Plus you need to have more than 20 just to field a raiding roster.

Telaran

just don't kill crucia till you can kill regulos. problem solved. 1 of each a week.

I support this proposal. Gimme my relic
    NQ - Foo

How to make a Relic:
    http://i.imgur.com/6sGZw.jpg
    See you all in Wildstar!

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    How to make a Relic:
    http://i.imgur.com/6sGZw.jpg
    I laughed more than what I should have at this image.
    --BC

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by daboohk View Post
    Uh, no.

It is an issue as soon as you start collecting hearts.

You are going to have more of one heart than the other. Unless your first kills on Regulos/Crucia are in the same week.

Moreover... the same 20 people for five months? Get real. Plus you need to have more than 20 just to field a raiding roster.
    Alright then. Lets assume its 40 different people that rotate through the raid. That is at least 40 hearts needed... which translates into 40 weeks of raiding.40 weeks of raiding/4 weeks per month = 10 months till everyone has 1 heart. Assuming different roles and such, there are more needed. That is my point. It won't be an issue for ((x players)/(1 lockout))/(4 lockouts per month) assuming every lockout you get a kill. This doesn't negate your point about more crucia kills than regulos, but it still is not an issue for however many months that is.

Please learn reading comprehension and you will be ridiculed less.
    Last edited by Reticularize; 12-30-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Plane Touched

It's not as if Crucia and Regulos wouldn't drop Relics already? The hearts are only an additional measure (you get one drop you can't do anything about, and 1 heart each to get 1 item of your desire). Yeah it's sort of stupid that you have more hearts of Crucia than hearts of Regulos when you first kill Regulos, but it's the same situation with the raid crafting materials and you still managed those, right?
    Mitsurugi
    GAME OVER
    CONTENT CLEARED, REGULOS 0%

Retic... you are the one who has a problem with comprehension. It is an issue the second Regulos is dead and you have 4-5 Hearts of Crucia to only 1 Heart of Regulos. There will always be this abundance of hearts that will sit in limbo. Once you stop killing Crucia/Regulos, these hearts will just sit in someone's bags... pretty stupid.

Terrordar, you are right -- it is stupid. I have two points about your raid crafting materials argument:

1) Just because it has happened before in the past does not mean it should continue. A bad system is a bad system.

2) The regular raid crafting materials are not nearly on the same "level" as the Heart of Crucia or Heart of Regulos. You are talking about items required to make "Relics", not craft some purple.

Plane Touched

You're all missing the point he's making. Unless your guild is actively working on learning TWO new raid end bosses AT THE SAME TIME, you're going to kill 1 before the other. Let's say you've cleared every boss in both raids, except the last one, and then you kill Crucia. It'll probably take you another 1-3 weeks to learn/kill Regulos, assuming you're still clearing both raids.

Congrats, you get your first Regulos kill, and now you have 1 Regulos heart and 2-4 Crucia hearts. What can you do with the extra Crucia hearts? Currently nothing, except decide to skip killing her for a couple weeks if you want to save time, and no one in the raid needs the drops or marks (not likely).

Telaran

I think a logical fix would be to just add a vendor that allows you to turn in a Heart of Crucia, which in turn hands you back a Heart of Regulos and Crucia...but only if you have the achievement for killing Regulos already. Yeah it makes things a bit easier for a select bunch of folks in a way, but they did do their part at both fights...so why not just let em slide this time? Obviously it wasn't thought out completely upon launch, so fix it. =)

Jed

Yes, there will be an abundance of hearts. Either work the hearts into other crafting recipes or just make weapons from FT upgrade able by the Crucia heart and EE weapons with Regulos' heart. That way, you don't have a surplus of hearts and a drought of weapons/items.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Yes, there will be an abundance of hearts. Either work the hearts into other crafting recipes or just make weapons from FT upgrade able by the Crucia heart and EE weapons with Regulos' heart. That way, you don't have a surplus of hearts and a drought of weapons/items.
    They will do that when they re-itemize the upgradeable 2h from FT to not have block...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast