+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dungeons, those that run them and those who show up and follow..doing nothing

Soulwalker

Default Dungeons, those that run them and those who show up and follow..doing nothing

leveling up a new toon entirely in dungeons once I was able to queue for them and now at level 33. The only issues i've had in these dungeons are those people who join the group and then follow the pack while doing nothing else. They queue as dps or support and contribute nothing. I've been running rift meter for my main and have noticed that in several dungeons, there's only 3-4 people doing any kind of damage. Not just on one fight, but the entire run.

I called out someone this morning for doing this, he was either watching tv or doing something entirely different and just followed the group without doing anything to assist us. Trying to 4 man a dungeon at lower levels is not difficult, but it's quite a bit slower. Over halfway through the dungeon I lost my patience with him, called him out for it and we booted him.

I'm playing the game for enjoyment, I'm not looking for confrontation but that kind of crap bugs the hell out of me. His message to me afterwards "enjoy your ban" was laughable, but what else can we do when we encounter this other than vote kick?

annoying problem that seems to be coming up more often than I would expect. I didn't even see this done in that other game that shall not be mentioned, but seems quite common with rift in lower level dungeons.

I see the same type of thing happen quite a bit but maybe not to that extent. I just resubbed a couple weeks ago and am taking my sweet a$s time leveling thru the 50s. I hate questing so I have been doing alot of normal dungeons lately. It is certainly not uncommon for me to find dps / support roles taking trash pulls off and really only playing during boss fights. Im sure these types of people are seen much, much less in experts at 60
    LFG

Champion

This is the down side of having a cross server LFD tool. When people are held accountable they do not do these things.
    Casualist Jerks
    ET/CT Zone Guild
    Server: Threesprings
    http://www.casualistjerks.com

Vote kick works wonders, also remember to place them on ignore.

Rift Disciple

There's not less of this in experts at 60, just a different form of it.
    All the new experts are fairly trash-light, but mechanic heavy. Most PuG dps/support can't do (or don't even know) the simple mechanics, even if they're fully dungeon geared. They lean on the one guy (Often the tank and/or healer!) who knows the mechanics ... and has a party job that allows them to stop whatever they're doing to run around clicking things (which typically means your tank and/or healer shouldn't/can't be doing this, and people die anyways when they do).

Just put them on your ignore list, and you'll never get queued up into dungeons with them ever again.

People who do this are just digging their own graves.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Just put them on your ignore list, and you'll never get queued up into dungeons with them ever again.

People who do this are just digging their own graves.
    If they are ignored you wont get paired with them? Is this proven?

Ascendant

Solution is always the same: run with a guild group if possible.

Otherwise, vote kick.

By running pugs, you're already taking a chance that most of them will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    If they are ignored you wont get paired with them? Is this proven?
    Its been a part of the game since... I don't even remember when.

It was mentioned in one of the patches that followed the introduction of the LFG system.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread