+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bug, or...

dbe
    General of Telara

Default Bug, or...

Exodus 3rd boss, on the "hide" portion, you normally only take damage when you stack, or else why have those blue aoe things when you do... anyway, all of us were taking damage when we all ran to our own pillar, something like 4 ticks for 3k each. It's unhealable. This has only been happening since the latest patch.

Not only that, but what is the dispel strategy here? You get an aoe debuff that you can aoe dispel. Then around 4-5 seconds later (all aoe dispel has 10 sec cooldown), you get an aoe debuff with 4 stacks. That's 20 dispels you're responsible for, and aoe dispel, once every 10 secs, can handle 5 (at most). For anyone keeping track, that's never going to happen. You would need a support person doing only dispels and even then they would never get all of them.

Ascendant

To address your concerns in order:

1. As long as your group is topped off before line-of-sight, the damage they receive while unable to receive heals should not surpass their health pool. Worst case, they should come back to the center at around 20% or so, at which point you just heal them.

2. I've not seen an issue with the dispels. If you're continually AoE-cleansing then no one should get frozen. If you're noticing the fight is lasting so long that you can't keep up with the debuffs, then perhaps consider yelling at your DPSers for sucking.

dbe
    General of Telara

(1) They do come back at like 20%, but most people heal with an ST heal spec, aoe heals are there, but slow and limited.

(2) At best, everyone runs to hide from the big aoe with 3 stacks of freeze. I can heal or dispel, I can't do both and I can't not heal. So pretty soon we hit 4 and 5 (5 is insta-death).

I'm not so much looking for people to blame as I am trying to find out the math behind this boss. We shouldn't be going from full health to 30% when we do everything properly. People run experts with ST specs. Chloros might be able to swap between ST and aoe, not everyone can.

I'm just tired of running a dungeon being an average dps or tank and having an easy time and doing well above the minimum required for the dungeon, vs being a laser-guided healer and still failing. What do these dungeons expect of me?

Anyway, I appreciate your response.
    Last edited by dbe; 12-27-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Champion of Telara

you should consider single target cleansing the raid (if your AOE cleanse is down) during the second "stack on the boss" portion and "run to pillar" portion of the fight.

Toss a break free on the debuff if cleanses are crappy. Rogues can also cleanse soul once in a while. Or time Strafe if they have it, as that makes them immune. (I imagine that the same holds true for other class abilities that provide snare immunity - tell no one.)

As far as damage, seems kinda piddling as long as you're topped off. If things are looking marginal, only poke fully behind LoS for the end of the cast and run nearish the center right after. And if things are really marginal, use the fight's activated bardmode.

sentinels have it easy there, you heal when you dispel a percentage of your health, also the heals are bigger on players with health lower than 50%; if your group knows a bit about surviving, they might also have tools to ease your job, as bitnine suggested; if not, you need a dedicated support
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 12-27-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: wrong quote :)

Plane Touched

The fight can be a bit hectic but can be done solo. 61 sent /15 puri /0 warden is great here. The damage is predictable so you can use cooldowns as needed. First deep freeze I aoe cleanse, make sure the tank is topped off, then single target cleansing when the stacks start coming. Make a cast @mouseoverui Cleansing Prayer macro and go like crazy since it's on a 1 second global cooldown.
    For the hide portion I use Symbol of the Torch on as many people as I can hit while running for cover, leaving myself for last. Once behind cover I hit myself and toss Healing Spray on anyone I can. As soon as the LoS is over, pop Marked by the Light, Healing Breath on the lowest HP, and Healing Spray as many as you can while moving back to position. Keep up MBL and tank heal, keeps everyone not slacking alive pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    (1) They do come back at like 20%, but most people heal with an ST heal spec, aoe heals are there, but slow and limited.
    ST healing specs are in fact superior for this purpose. You simply ST heal the people with low health, this can be done in 2-3 GCDs in a 5-man. @mouseoverui macros are your friend.

+ Reply to Thread