+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kolmsasveli and Toinenveli

Rift Disciple

Default Kolmsasveli and Toinenveli

RE: Devastating Shock, will the debuff icon be eventually fixed or is it intended for it to be not visible? At the moment when they cast it on you there is no way of telling except from the damage you take.

(not that it's an issue if you have half a brain, but it would be nice to have it fixed for other not so talented players)

Would be nice, it also affects the mechs during p1 of the crucia fight.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Duskdawn View Post
    RE: Devastating Shock, will the debuff icon be eventually fixed or is it intended for it to be not visible? At the moment when they cast it on you there is no way of telling except from the damage you take.

(not that it's an issue if you have half a brain, but it would be nice to have it fixed for other not so talented players)
    Healers will know because they can then cleasnse (which is not active otherwise). Karuulalert will also show it. That being said, i do hope it is fixed soon.

Ascendant

We just heal through it

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    We just heal through it
    This, the fight is easy enough as it is. The enrage timer isnt really an issue either. I think we killed it in 4:30 last week.
    Last edited by Domey; 12-26-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Sword of Telara

It's obviously a bug, and I hope it gets fixed. We've noticed it too.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Prophet of Telara

Just one of countless bugs that made it to live
    As for the heal thru. Dont be silly, cleanse it. why leave it and near double the hps needed for the fight
    Last edited by Alex113; 12-27-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    Just one of countless bugs that made it to live
    As for the heal thru. Dont be silly, cleanse it. why leave it and near double the hps needed for the fight
    Its irrelevant; you can heal the twins with 4 full time healers, possibly less.

That GCD you spent on the cleansing would've been better off as another heal.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Its irrelevant; you can heal the twins with 4 full time healers, possibly less.

That GCD you spent on the cleansing would've been better off as another heal.
    Agreed.

It's a dps loss to cleanse this light damage. Instead you should healers focusing more on max-dps rotations since the ONLY aoe damage going out is Devastating Shock unless people fail mechanics.

It's a bit pointless for say, a Warden to spam heals full-time when they could be doing Geyser. In another reasonable scenario, a chloro could just keep doing their Vile Spores or Void Life (if LBV) instead of a 0-dps cleanse.

It's similar on Crucia. There is no reason to cleanse the mechanic since you're sacrificing DPS.

Shadowlander

You people talk like the enreage timer here was an inssue.
    I prefer to have the cleanse going out to avoid unecessary deaths, since people usually die to mechanics.
    Im one of those .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fuess View Post
    You people talk like the enreage timer here was an inssue.
    I prefer to have the cleanse going out to avoid unecessary deaths, since people usually die to mechanics.
    Im one of those .
    It's not that enrage is an issue on either fight, but I usually find that a quicker fight allows for less chance to derp.

The exception is actually Twins right now, because the orb coincides with line-of-sight if your dps is any reasonable number. However, that's a bit irrelevant to this particular argument since the dps gain from not cleansing is miniscule.

I understand the principle behind fixing a bugged issue; I just would view this as low-low-low priority if I was Trion.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Agreed.

It's a dps loss to cleanse this light damage. Instead you should healers focusing more on max-dps rotations since the ONLY aoe damage going out is Devastating Shock unless people fail mechanics.

It's a bit pointless for say, a Warden to spam heals full-time when they could be doing Geyser. In another reasonable scenario, a chloro could just keep doing their Vile Spores or Void Life (if LBV) instead of a 0-dps cleanse.

It's similar on Crucia. There is no reason to cleanse the mechanic since you're sacrificing DPS.
    While true, there is no reason NOT to cleanse when raid DPS is close to 200k. I dont trust other people wirh mechanics so if i can reduce damage i will.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

There's a cleanse mechanic to the twins? This is news to me!

No seriously, if there's a cleanse - we've been healing right through it just perfectly fine.
    --BC

I call BS on not cleansing as it seems like the dot stacks, and if they cast it while they have the temp damage buff it ticks significantly harder.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    I call BS on not cleansing as it seems like the dot stacks, and if they cast it while they have the temp damage buff it ticks significantly harder.
    We actually didn't know it could be cleansed at all until a week ago. (But we were wondering what the hell SO was despelling in their video)
    Member of Game Under.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast