+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No one missing Frozen Eclipse Stone bonus?[bug]

Ascendant

You get stones 4 at a time, so you won't ever get an extra one from the current bonus that's running. You'd need to gain 5 for the 20% to give you one.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    You get stones 4 at a time, so you won't ever get an extra one from the current bonus that's running. You'd need to gain 5 for the 20% to give you one.
    You only need 4 inifinity stones to get a bonus stone(0,8->1 3 stones 0,6->0).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    You only need 4 inifinity stones to get a bonus stone(0,8->1 3 stones 0,6->0).
    I've never gotten a bonus stone with 4 infinities, always needed 5. You can test this by getting them in Conquest.

I've never gotten a bonus stone with 4 infinities, always needed 5. You can test this by getting them in Conquest.
    I got 6 bonus stones in the volan event with 29 stones in my lootbag.

Devs back from holiday to give some information about the issue?

Champion

Just to throw a bit of math at this issue (and why we have evidence there is a bug).

Suppose 10 people run a Triumph of the Dragon Queen and they are all in a guild with Cache Finder 3/3. This is supposed to mean that each individual has a 45% chance (on each boss) to gain one additional FEStone.

So on the first boss, the binomial distribution tells us that for none of these raiders to get an additional mark, there is a 0.25% chance that this might occur. For this to happen on all four bosses (i.e. no one gets a mark on any of the four bosses in that raid), this becomes a 4.11e-09 % chance for this to occur. After eight bosses (i.e. running the dungeon twice), this would be a 1.69e-19% chance to occur (that is btw smaller than machine epsilon on many modern computers). I think it is safe to say that there is 0% chance this should occur.

This leads me to believe that there is likely a bug in how Cache Finder is implemented with current raids since it is highly unlikely that a guild (like mine) could run this raid twice (yeah, that's as far as we have gotten) and no one receives any bonus stones on any of the eight bosses.

To the devs out there: thanks for looking into this for us after your holiday break. Cheers for such an awesome game that you work on so tirelessly for us.

Don't confuse the celebration bonus (20% extra guaranteed) with the Cache finder guildperk (45% chance of an extra reward). The celebration bonus gives you 1 extra per 5 stones. But the guildperk gives you 45% chance of 1 extra plague/mark etc, not depending on amount rewarded.

If it is as you say that they classified the FE marks with the same currency as the infinity stones, it could be because they disabled the possibility of gaining extra stones about 3/4 weeks into Storm Legion. You still get bonus empyrean stones, but not infinity stones.
    Warrior Tank of:
    <Imperium> - IcewatchEU
    TotDQ [4/4], FT [4/4], EE [5/5]
    Hardmodes [Zaviel / Kain]

www.imperium.co

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2