+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Golem Foundry Expert C1-0N3 - Invisible Ground Mechanic on Low Quality Renderer

Shadowlander

Default Golem Foundry Expert C1-0N3 - Invisible Ground Mechanic on Low Quality Renderer

Anyone else using the LQR and the orange spinning ground puddles are all but invisible? It makes the tether mechanic impossible, because I can't see that I'm running through them and yet they keep snaring and damaging me.

Rift Master

Yes. There have been several posts since launch (myself included) and nothing has been done. It's really annoying and does make the fight a bit harder than it needs to be since the AOE is so hard to notice. I don't know why they don't just change it to use the spinny cannon thing like the second mech boss in the chronicle uses; it's like a pinkish circle with a swirly thing in the middle of it - that looks fine on low render and looks close enough to the current version that it would be more noticeable but not trivialize the fight with something like a pulsing AOE that just screams run.

Champion

Yeah I have the same issue. It's pretty much impossible to see at a glance where the AoE's are. Kind of frustrating for a healer who needs to look at green bars.

If I actually want to see the location of the ground AoE's, I need to look at the ground for 4-5 seconds. Seeing the AoE's is difficult, but the swirling animation means after staring at the ground you can distinguish between ground that moves and ground that doesn't and take a path that you're 90% certain is safe instead of flying blind.

I do hope this isn't as intended and a fix comes out eventually.

are you video settings turned up all the way?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    I don't think you can turn video settings up when you have low render checked.

This shouldn't be the answer, making encounters more difficult.based on what your comp can handle is poor design, and anyway, its hard to see on normal settings also, not just LQR
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

It's more likely a gamma issue. When you enter this dungeon it's bright as daylight in the instance. In fact it happens in any dungeon where removing the dark causes a conflict.

The npcs say kill the lights and nothing happens. So the orange circles and other spell effects are damn near impossible to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    This shouldn't be the answer, making encounters more difficult.based on what your comp can handle is poor design, and anyway, its hard to see on normal settings also, not just LQR
    Well to be honest, if you can't turn up your settings in an instance with 5 players, it's time for a new machine. Out in the world at a Volan fight, ya, I can see where that may pose an issue with dozens of players on the screen. With 4 others? Ya, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, get a new machine.

Unless you want to post your specs.

And whether or not it's poor design means nothing when it's the way it is. Deal with it or play a different game with less graphics intensity. I have my settings set to max in dungeons and I see everything. Not sure what else to tell you.

Well to be honest, if you can't turn up your settings in an instance with 5 players, it's time for a new machine. Out in the world at a Volan fight, ya, I can see where that may pose an issue with dozens of players on the screen. With 4 others? Ya, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, get a new machine.

Unless you want to post your specs.

And whether or not it's poor design means nothing when it's the way it is. Deal with it or play a different game with less graphics intensity. I have my settings set to max in dungeons and I see everything. Not sure what else to tell you.
    Well, my last reply got banhammered..so yeah. I'm really tired of folks like you stumbling in and saying folks on the renderer are just SOL. I've been using it since launch, and have cleared all content in the game (pre-SL, almost 3/4 in FT atm). When they made the expansion, I'm pretty sure they confirmed everything worked in the renderer as well, but this is just another thing that fell through a crack. Stop spreading misinformation.

TL;DR: If my car had a crappy song playing on the radio, should I buy a new car?
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Prophet of Telara

Agree with the OP, i play on 75% on normal renderer and those swirly things are damn annoying. I had to position my camera to view top down to see them.

What Essentia says make sense, to me its a gamma issue.
    Last edited by Rainman; 12-31-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    Well, my last reply got banhammered..so yeah. I'm really tired of folks like you stumbling in and saying folks on the renderer are just SOL. I've been using it since launch, and have cleared all content in the game (pre-SL, almost 3/4 in FT atm). When they made the expansion, I'm pretty sure they confirmed everything worked in the renderer as well, but this is just another thing that fell through a crack. Stop spreading misinformation.

TL;DR: If my car had a crappy song playing on the radio, should I buy a new car?
    Your rage is misplaced. Blame the Commodore 64's you're all playing on. Again, I have zero issues with this visual. I see every single one and I've yet to die to this mechanic since the first time I entered the dungeon.

Your rage is misplaced. Blame the Commodore 64's you're all playing on. Again, I have zero issues with this visual. I see every single one and I've yet to die to this mechanic since the first time I entered the dungeon.
    So, following your logic if something isn't working as everything else people should hammer out the problem by buying a new computer, instead of Trion changing a little cosmetic puddle on the ground and therefore putting all things on the same level of computer spec requirements?
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    So, following your logic if something isn't working as everything else people should hammer out the problem by buying a new computer, instead of Trion changing a little cosmetic puddle on the ground and therefore putting all things on the same level of computer spec requirements?
    Why should Trion fix anything when nothing is broken, from their perspective?

Prophet of Telara

Why should Trion fix anything when nothing is broken, from their perspective?
    It is broken, the gamma is borked

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    It is broken, the gamma is borked
    Source from a dev saying this is broken?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast