+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need help with Crucia and Orbital Strike.

Soulwalker

Default Need help with Crucia and Orbital Strike.

Pretty much as the title says my guild and I keep getting to the second platform on Crucia but once Orbital Strike starts we just cant live through it. It is doing 8.5k ticks for about 10 seconds. Is the only way to get past this to heal through it or are we supposed to reflect it if that is possible? Any help appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Awol367 View Post
    Pretty much as the title says my guild and I keep getting to the second platform on Crucia but once Orbital Strike starts we just cant live through it. It is doing 8.5k ticks for about 10 seconds. Is the only way to get past this to heal through it or are we supposed to reflect it if that is possible? Any help appreciated
    You are in fact supposed to heal through it. What healing setup are you running?
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

Using 2 wardens for CDs is pretty fool proof. We heal through it now with a warden (me) and 2 chloros (chloros are kinda op due to a bug right now). Warden will have to spam Healing Effusion after using CDs.

Your big CDs are your aoe orbs (cast on tank due to how mechanic works), monsoon, and wave of renewal
    Last edited by Eosmeep; 12-23-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Make sure you are not being hit by both of the swirling tempests, and have your mech, or mech's suppressing them also when they pass the raid to negate the damage they pulse.

Soulwalker

I'm the OP's raid leader and our healing setup was 2 Chloro's, 2 Wardens, Defiler, and a Sentinel. The damage was NOT healable. In fact, the damage from Orbital Strike (a 3 second debuff) lasts for over 10 seconds until our entire raid is dead. At no point after Orbital Strike does the damage stop until the last person is dead. It is definately bugged at the moment, OR it requires the dominator spell reflect to survive.

If your guild has done Crucia before the last patch, then maybe you should try her again because she is not healable. With defiler links on our tanks, her breath was hitting our 55k hp tank, fully geared with cooldowns, for over 30k per tick. Watching others fights of this, Crucia's breath hit for only 16-18k per tick.

Either our Crucia is bugged or we definately missed something cause we make it to phase 2 flawlessly.

Sorry for my poor grammar, its really late and not really up for a spellcheck.
    Last edited by Cefaci; 12-23-2012 at 10:36 PM.

We did her this lockout, which was the latest hotfix, and it was plenty healable. You just need your mech to suppress outer orb if that is indeed your stack location.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Soulwalker

Even with the orb supressed, which only hit us one out of about 30 attempts, the Orbital Strike was still hitting the raid for 9k+ damage every second for 10+ seconds until the entire raid dropped. The orb damage was managable and so would a 3 second Orbital Strike buff, but not for 10-15+ seconds of 9k+ damage.

That kind of damage is normal output for orbital strike.

Have your wardens swap off CDs. Warden 1. Before she casts: put up healing flood 2 or 3x, geyser her 3-5 times to get stacks up -> as she casts, orbs of tide on tank, monsoon, PoR, healing effusion spam. Warden 2: healing flood 2 or 3x, geyser 3-5 times, PoR, healing effusion spam. Next orbital swap warden 1 and 2. It is plenty healable. You'll probably be out of mana by the end of it.

We also have a purifier for shielding and tank healing and junk. They put symbol of the sun on everyone before the first hits of orbital which means I don't have to blow CDs quite as quickly.

If you can get the hang of it with 2 wardens, you can do with one, the warden just has to split CDs. I do orbs of tide and wave of renewal on first orbital, monsoon for second. We just killed her this way on Wednesday so it definitely works. Chloros are also blowing their CDs during orbital as well, and use flourish during any scary parts.
    Last edited by Eosmeep; 12-23-2012 at 10:47 PM.

• 1 Puri (Shielding)
    • 1 Warden
    • 2 Chloros (LGV)
    • 1 Defiler

Chloros in LGV, Warden (Monsoon, Tidal Surge + Wave of Renewal on first Oribital), Puri spamming shields and Defiler tank healing. On second Orbital, the warden can use HS/SS + Ripple and Healing Flood before the Orbital cast ends. Then @self Orbs of the Tide, TTL + HC and then HE spam.

You can probably just go with 2 Wardens and 2 Chloro and be fine though (and still use the Puri and Defiler.)
    Last edited by Riane; 12-23-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Soulwalker

Assuming a 10-15 second Orbital Strike is healable, then why are the tanks getting hit for 30-40k per tick on each breath with shields, links, and cooldowns?

Edit : When other guilds who have downed Crucia show videos of their tanks only taking 16k-18k damager per tick.
    Last edited by Cefaci; 12-23-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    • 1 Puri (Shielding)
    • 1 Warden
    • 2 Chloros (LGV)
    • 1 Defiler

Chloros in LGV, Warden (Monsoon, Tidal Surge + Wave of Renewal on first Oribital), Puri spamming shields and Defiler tank healing. On second Orbital, the warden can use HS/SS + Ripple and Healing Flood before the Orbital cast ends. Then @self Orbs of the Tide, TTL + HC and then HE spam.

You can probably just go with 2 Wardens and 2 Chloro and be fine though (and still use the Puri and Defiler.)
    Orbs of the tide will not work cast @ self. You have to cast them on the tank. This is probably due to weird coding of AoE dmage like how ST reflects used to be able to reflect all orbital damage.

Our tanks get a CD for each breath, whether it's one of their own, a puri CD/cov, or defiler ugly. I believe natural conversion will reflect a tick of breath as well, similar to laethys. Our kill setup was 2 puris (one for constant symbol of sun shielding and CDs, one tank healing), a warden, a defiler, 2 chloros.
    Last edited by Eosmeep; 12-23-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cefaci View Post
    Assuming a 10-15 second Orbital Strike is healable, then why are the tanks getting hit for 30-40k per tick on each breath with shields, links, and cooldowns?

Edit : When other guilds who have downed Crucia show videos of their tanks only taking 16k-18k damager per tick.

I'd have to see a parse or video to understand your entire situation, but it seems like there is a hole in what you are reporting. You may be receiving misinformation as to what CD's your tanks have up at the time for the 30k breaths. It's possible that a cooldown had worn off or that the wrong cooldown was used. There's a reason every video you see has the tanks taking 16k breath damage.

What cooldowns are you using for the tanks? When are they being used?

"Someday, you'll sit on the throne, and the truth will be what you make it."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cefaci View Post
    Even with the orb supressed, which only hit us one out of about 30 attempts, the Orbital Strike was still hitting the raid for 9k+ damage every second for 10+ seconds until the entire raid dropped. The orb damage was managable and so would a 3 second Orbital Strike buff, but not for 10-15+ seconds of 9k+ damage.
    Yep, Orbital is a lot of damage. It hasn't changed at all and has been healable since day 1 of Crucia progression.

Your exact setup is not the one we've been using lately, but was the setup we used initially. Here's what you want with your setup during orbital strike:

1 LBV chloro healing active tank
    1 LGV chloro healing raid (and maintaining Radiant Spores)
    1 Sentinel (12 warden subsoul) helping with aoe heals, Healing Cataract spam
    2x Warden rotating CDs

Have the Wardens at 5x Dangers of the Deep before Orbital Strike goes out. You do not want both Wardens wasting their CDs at the same time. As an example, first Warden can have Orbs of the Tide active, Tidal Surge Monsoon, and then begin casting Wave of Renewal directly after the damage hits. Finish the channel, then go to Pool of Restoration/Healing Effusion spam. The other cleric will have their own 5x stacks up, Healing Flood x2, then Pool of Restoration/HE. Aside from Orbital Strike there is only negligible raid damage, and you are free to regen mana. Also be aware of Ripple. I mean, there's tons of tools in Warden to handle the damage.

Yeah, it's almost 2m damage over 11 seconds, I know. But you actually have easy-mode at the moment with chloros putting out excessive healing. If you're struggling with the current heal setup, you can add another LGV chloro.

As for the tank receiving tons of damage, you want to create a cooldown rotation for Lightning Breath. The timing is consistent (18s between start of casts) and you only need four cooldowns. An example CD rotation: Unstable Transformation, Healer's Covenant, personal mit, personal mit. << Personal mits are the tank's own cooldowns. You can switch this up depending on which tanks you're using.

If only you had a screen message for Orbital Strike, the fight would be so much easier.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    If only you had a screen message for Orbital Strike, the fight would be so much easier.
    What you did there, I see it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast