+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFG system and group composition

Soulwalker

Default LFG system and group composition

If at all possible, could the game do a better job matching groups based on class distribution.

Since moving beyond 50, at least 90% of my groups have been 3/5 or 4/5 clerics. Are clerics this overplayed? I understand that they can fill every role, but that still doesn't explain the enormous concentration in random groups. I'd much rather wait a bit longer for a group with a well-balanced composition.

From your experience, are clerics so massively overplayed these days?

So.. you think players who use clerics should have to sit in queues so that you can have some aesthetic of more classes per 5man?

Soulwalker

Hi.

I never said it had to be a mandatory feature. It could just be an option. The thing is, it has nothing to do with aesthetics. People run dungeons for what reason? To get gear. My own terrible luck with having nothing but str/dex gear dropping aside, having 4 clerics and typically a mage makes that process extremely difficult. It would be more efficient if the groups were at least distributed appropriately with no more than 3 members for each particular gear type.

The other thing is about efficiency. We know that clerics do not put out the most dps in the game. We also know that their support roles aren't quite as beneficial as those of a rogue/warrior. Some of these dungeon runs have been absolute headaches because the dps is too low. This may be more of an issue with the specific players who are doing the dps (90% of the time, I'm tanking), but it is still a problem.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Galdrin View Post
    So.. you think players who use clerics should have to sit in queues so that you can have some aesthetic of more classes per 5man?
    Yes we do. Cry more.

I'd be happy if they stopped allowing Warriors to queue for the SL dungeons as support.

Queue jumping seems really unfair on the other players.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

+ Reply to Thread