+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Storm breaker protocol

Telaran

Default Storm breaker protocol

DEAR RIFT, WHY YOU PUT US TROUGHT THAT NIGHTMARE THAT IS THAT DUNGEON.

just... plein... why...

1. no one wanna do it
    2. each time i do it we have at least 2-3 people leaving before the end
    3. the mob part at the start is alway been ignored
    4. WE DIDN'T PLAY OUR TOON.
    5. if you sooooo wanna have mech in a game. PUT THEM IN CHRONICLE AT LEAST IM NOT FKING AFECTED BY IT

signed

SOMEONE WHO PAY AND HAVE ENOUGHT OF THESE EXPERT FAIL
    Last edited by Sonic Rain Boom; 12-22-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Just do what I do, and don't run it. Now get out.
    Jennacide 60 Rogue Chilastra 60 Warrior Ksenia 60 Mage JulezRulez 60 Cleric

Soulwalker

Agreed. Putting these cyborg mechanics in the SBP dungeon as well as in the last part of the new chronicle is not the true way for a game where an ability to build some successfull specs is the most important part of its gameplay. The same with all of temporarily ability icons are useful by mouse clicking and active for a short time which is not enough for keyboard binding. May be from certain points of devs view it seems fun but being forced to use these mechanics I feel myself as if I played in some low quality kind of a dendy game for kids.

Rift Disciple

I don't mind it. It's not difficult and gives a break from the same rotation for a few minutes.

dbe
    General of Telara

I don't mind the mech suits, but they may as well face reality and redesign the dungeon with the fact that we skip all the trash anyway.

Rift Master

The problem isn't the mechs, it's that half the dungeon is spent in the mech, and the first two bosses have no real mechanics its just zerg with the mech, try to avoid stuff and hope you outlast it.

It would have been fine if you proceeded like a normal dungeon and then had a single part with the mechs (like maybe the waves with the door), just for that cool "woah awesome I get to be in a mech" factor. That would have been fine; it would have been a single portion that takes a couple of minutes. Instead, most of the dungeon is in the mechs and you have boss fights with them. Same thing happened with Occulus in WoW; it wasn't the notion of the drakes (using them to go to platforms was neat; even using them to kill the trash dragons wasn't TOO awful) it was the fact you were forced to use them on the final boss that people hated.

Rift Disciple

I honestly liked it. But got bored of it.

Put a path as robots and a path as your character with the two bosses different for each road

Telaran

You use the mech suits in one half of one dungeon, out of seven. It's not as bad as people make it out to be.
    Arkz@Icewatch
    Arkzy@Icewatch
    <Problem Solved>

Rift Disciple

This dungeon is actually one of the easier ones, once you get the hang of it. Initially, I felt just like you. I said I would never step foot in that dungeon again. Now it's actually pretty fast and it drops the absorb trinket and the plate tank leggings ... Unfortunately it also drops the item you need to upgrade the plate tank leggings from the chronicle.

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    I don't mind the mech suits, but they may as well face reality and redesign the dungeon with the fact that we skip all the trash anyway.
    I wonder if, at some point down the road, these "mini quests" in the Experts will give out an additional dungeon mark. As it is, they're kinda pointless (PA XP? Meh.) and, like in SBP, easy to skip.
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

This is an easy dungeon, with nothing remotely strenuous and you only need to fight 2 bosses in the suit (both of which are trivial). You can skip a significant portion of the trash and a run should take you no longer than 30 minutes.

Really, what is the problem?

Telaran

Zazen, if you never pull out someone that haven't do it. your doom from the start. at least when on other expert if someone is not geared enought or lack something. other can pull out enought to compensate. on these stupid mech NO

now that im a bit more calm let me explain.

we where 4 of the same guilde queing for Expert Random. we go whit a healer in that one.
    we skip mob, go strait to first boss. as soon as we enter, 2 of us get lock INSIDE THE WALL. so other try to finishand we finaly wipe. rez everyone, healer RAGEQUIT. ok. we then try to look for a other people.

we manage do down the first boss the 2 try. it easy but whit mecanic.... so a new healer join. we then procide to barrier. we do it whitout wipe.

we arrive at 2 boss. and healer pull aggro. while we all think we are inside. we where WHERE the barrier spawn. litteraly make us divide in 3 group, the one inside, the one outside and the one jam in the barrier. THAT WAS STUPID. took us for ever to ether try to die or continus....

well IT ONLY MAKE ME ANGRY, loose 2 hours, the healer that pull 2 boss ragequit too. we then quit because we where all angry. we are all geared to the end and that ****ing robot

1. don't scale whit your gear
    2. can't heal
    3. no one can TANK and do his job... no everyone just trow themself in the loot and hope to survive.
    4. MOB ARE EASIER IN NORMAL ONE, YET OUR MECH DON'T GET UPGRADED IN EXPERT : LOOSE TIME AGAIN

they is norhing at all fun about been forced to do that. nothing

Quote Originally Posted by daakutenshi View Post
    Zazen, if you never pull out someone that haven't do it. your doom from the start. at least when on other expert if someone is not geared enought or lack something. other can pull out enought to compensate. on these stupid mech NO

now that im a bit more calm let me explain.

we where 4 of the same guilde queing for Expert Random. we go whit a healer in that one.
    we skip mob, go strait to first boss. as soon as we enter, 2 of us get lock INSIDE THE WALL. so other try to finishand we finaly wipe. rez everyone, healer RAGEQUIT. ok. we then try to look for a other people.

we manage do down the first boss the 2 try. it easy but whit mecanic.... so a new healer join. we then procide to barrier. we do it whitout wipe.

we arrive at 2 boss. and healer pull aggro. while we all think we are inside. we where WHERE the barrier spawn. litteraly make us divide in 3 group, the one inside, the one outside and the one jam in the barrier. THAT WAS STUPID. took us for ever to ether try to die or continus....

well IT ONLY MAKE ME ANGRY, loose 2 hours, the healer that pull 2 boss ragequit too. we then quit because we where all angry. we are all geared to the end and that ****ing robot

1. don't scale whit your gear
    2. can't heal
    3. no one can TANK and do his job... no everyone just trow themself in the loot and hope to survive.
    4. MOB ARE EASIER IN NORMAL ONE, YET OUR MECH DON'T GET UPGRADED IN EXPERT : LOOSE TIME AGAIN

they is norhing at all fun about been forced to do that. nothing
    All of your problems stemmed from the failing of players (including you), not the dungeon.

Soulwalker

All that compare SBP with oculus are totally wrong!

1. 3 different kind of dragons (if you are pro you could pass it with single kind and if you like, but nobody forced you this)
    2. fight final boss oculus compared to fighting first 2 bosses in SBP also nothing common
    3. in wow there is series of quests you do outside dungeons to get fammiliar with dragon flight and using reactive abilities of dragons - in rift just a little and in chronicle
    4. oculus by design was actualy preparation for raid dungeon - the eye where you fight Maligos and where last phase was actually "dragon phase"

SBP by design intended to bring something new and fresh, yet people go there totally unprepared. At least they should implement repeatable dailies in both continents that are mech based - to familiarize people with this mechanic and make them more involved in whole the thing. Also maybe not bad idea to implement healing bot and remove stupid spheres. Frankly spoken instance is not hard at all but very many people get slower into mechanic of this fight and get frustrated of this leaving. That make instance to look harder than it actualy is. One is for sure either instance need redesign either there have to be outside instance introducing of this tipe of fight .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by wayne62682 View Post
    The problem isn't the mechs, it's that half the dungeon is spent in the mech, and the first two bosses have no real mechanics its just zerg with the mech, try to avoid stuff and hope you outlast it.
    No mechanics? "Hope you outlast it?"

Pretty sure you just don't understand the mechanics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast