+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: No epics from last boss

Default No epics from last boss

What is up with some times no epics from the last boss of an expert dungeon???
    Its bad enough I run them day in and day out and maybe have gotten 2-3 epics I need.
    And they dont give marks of any kind to blance this, besides the daily marks which are a joke.
    Even the old experts not only did all the boss have a chance to drop a epic, but the last boss was guarnteed...and gave marks.
    But these experts have no chance of epics except for the last boss, which isnt even guarnteed!!...I've lost track of how many times the last boss didnt drop one.
    Fix this, take the blue crap out of the final bosses loot list.
    End of rant...but seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Oomie View Post
    Its bad enough I run them day in and day out and maybe have gotten 2-3 epics I need.
    And they dont give marks of any kind to blance this, besides the daily marks which are a joke.
    Even the old experts not only did all the boss have a chance to drop a epic, but the last boss was guarnteed...and gave marks.
    But these experts have no chance of epics except for the last boss, which isnt even guarnteed!!...I've lost track of how many times the last boss didnt drop one.
    I agree with you, but be ready for those that think that would be "easymode".
    Last edited by Indasoth; 12-21-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Ascendant

Wow. You guys are slow. The purpose of dungeons are to get you ready for raids... the blues do that. The epics are better of course but not needed. You want all epics fast? Get the infinite stone gear and upgrade it. Otherwise just live with the blues and start raiding. The dungeons and drops do their jobs just fine.

Only other option would be for you to put a ticket in asking for your regulos relics back since you are obviously entitled to the best stuff immediately.
    Last edited by Reticularize; 12-21-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oomie View Post
    If you ever were around from the start when Rift first launched that was how the old dungeons were, RNG on epics. Then Trion nerfed the dungeons and each end boss guaranteed an epic.

So if history were to repeat itself (and it will) Trion will nerf the Storm Legion experts and then guarantee an epic on every end boss. It's coming. It's just a matter of when. And when it does, all of those who were lucky enough to get an epic will cry about how they farmed for theirs only to have it be on easy mode.

I predict that when more guilds start farming FT and EE they will nerf the dungeons. It's their way of controlling progression for players who are behind to maintain subscriptions.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

I kinda have to agree with the OP. I very rarely see epics from the last boss. I think either all bosses should have a chance to drop epics (even if it's slim) or the final boss should be guaranteed to drop one.

Prophet of Telara

Its a difficult issue because on one side you risk trivialising the epics amd I like the fact they are somewhat rare and prestigious at the moment. That said i remember being very frustrated when running shard firsts on the experts and spending hours clearing them before any nerfs and for them only to drop a blue at the end of a whole afternoon/evening on that expert.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    Its a difficult issue because on one side you risk trivialising the epics amd I like the fact they are somewhat rare and prestigious at the moment. That said i remember being very frustrated when running shard firsts on the experts and spending hours clearing them before any nerfs and for them only to drop a blue at the end of a whole afternoon/evening on that expert.
    The epics are pretty trivial as it is, I pretty much have full dungeon epics for my tank spec, the only armor pieces that I don't have from drop are either crafted bis, or what I need for 2 piece bonus (upgraded gloves and the slayer bp till I can grind enough IS to get the world gear bp) I could have dropped purple tank gloves also if I had wanted but passed to another war in the group because I already had better. My dps set isn't in as good a shape, but that is mainly because I don't need roll on dps gear unless I am the only war or the dps war(s) in the group don't need it. Even so have gloves and gun already for that on top of my crafted pieces.

TL;DR epics are already trivial to get, so not really any prestige to them, you will get yours eventually.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    I agree with you, but be ready for those that think that would be "easymode".
    Yeah, i think the "easymode" naysayers never realize how many times a dungeon has been run before someone starts making complaints like this. some have run the same expert for the past 2 weeks. Thats queing single first and then trying to get it again on a random rotation, so maybe on a good day 4-5 times a day? now x 7 days a week, thats 35 times in a 7 day period? 35 times a week and still not getting the drop you want is really lousy odds.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRage View Post
    Yeah, i think the "easymode" naysayers never realize how many times a dungeon has been run before someone starts making complaints like this. some have run the same expert for the past 2 weeks. Thats queing single first and then trying to get it again on a random rotation, so maybe on a good day 4-5 times a day? now x 7 days a week, thats 35 times in a 7 day period? 35 times a week and still not getting the drop you want is really lousy odds.
    If if there were only purples from the last boss there is still no guarantee that it would be the purple you want.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    If if there were only purples from the last boss there is still no guarantee that it would be the purple you want.
    No, but would decrease the variance in odds of getting it, meaning 8/13 are purples, so 1/13 chance. No blues goes to a 1/8 chance....

MATH!!

Last edited by DemonRage; 12-21-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Ascendant

Im goona let you in on a little secret... i ran 60 experts just to get 4 epic drops... 2 trinkets pants and a wand. Its random. Stop complaining. That was during the first 2 weeks of release too. It has already been nerfrd some. If you want your free raid gear go play my little pony or wow.

Ascendant

No, but would decrease the variance in odds of getting it, meaning 8/13 are purples, so 1/13 chance. No blues goes to a 1/8 chance....

MATH!!

I like how you think stating numbers makes him wrong and you right... you do realiz he is saying here is the chance you wont get what you want... and you just showed the math on it?

MATH!!

they would add a tanking 2 hander to make up the lost chance for blues

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Im goona let you in on a little secret... i ran 60 experts just to get 4 epic drops... 2 trinkets pants and a wand. Its random. Stop complaining. That was during the first 2 weeks of release too. It has already been nerfrd some. If you want your free raid gear go play my little pony or wow.
    Pssst... hey... imma let you in on a little secret, I never asked for "free raid gear". It took you 60 experts to get the stuff you wanted, awesome, I'm laughing at your horrible luck. I've heard from other people they got what they wanted after hitting randoms for 3 days.

And since your on the subject of kiddie games you now have some homework to help you out with your problem:

http://teacher.scholastic.com/clifford1/

I like how you think stating numbers makes him wrong and you right... you do realiz he is saying here is the chance you wont get what you want... and you just showed the math on it?
    This is funny for 2 reasons:

1. His statement as i understand it means that even though they remove blues i'd still be subject to RNG. My response acknowledges this but also states the variance is now lower, EX: Which is larger? 1/8 or 1/4??

i ran 60 experts just to get 4 epic drops... 2 trinkets pants and a wand.
    Uh oh, someone used numbers!! must be right?? amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    they would add a tanking 2 hander to make up the lost chance for blues
    Following their line of logic, they would probably add that, and a trinket that increases AP and threat generation
    Last edited by DemonRage; 12-21-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Plane Touched

Will you complain to trion that once you clear FT and kill Crucia, you didn't get your Staff/Sword/Hammer/whatever? If you don't get the stuff you want out of XXX random expert runs then why don't you just raid that 10 man, it'll drop better stuff.
    Mitsurugi
    GAME OVER
    CONTENT CLEARED, REGULOS 0%

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast