+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gelidra's AoE bugged?

Default Gelidra's AoE bugged?

The AoE that Gelidra does in the second phase seems to be bugged-- it sometimes ticks twice on people. Coupled with Arcbound Storm, this can result in unavoidable deaths.

Code:
    [04:48:15]  Muspelheim was killed by Galvanic Stormbird.   Events Prior to Death:
    + [04:48:15]  Galvanic Stormbird hits Muspelheim with Arcbound Storm for 6,467 Air Damage  (2809 overkill)
    + [04:48:15]  Hulkamania critically heals Muspelheim with Lifebound Veil for 1,140
    + [04:48:15]  Spraynard heals Muspelheim with Healing Cataract for 1,114  (773 overheal)
    + [04:48:15]  Aseon critically heals Muspelheim with Lifebound Veil for 0  (349 overheal)
    + [04:48:15]  Gelidra hits Muspelheim with Wrath of the Storm for 8,280 Air Damage
    + [04:48:15]  Aseon heals Muspelheim with Lifebound Veil for 608
    + [04:48:15]  Gelidra hits Muspelheim with Wrath of the Storm for 8,290 Air Damage
    + [04:48:14]  Amyreid critically heals Muspelheim with Salvation for 299
    + [04:48:14]  Galvanic Stormbird hits Muspelheim with Arcbound Storm for 4,028 Air Damage  (2441 absorbed)
    Over 22k damage in less than a second. Somehow, I don't think that's intended.

Ascendant

Bugged or not, if you run a purifier + air resistance/endurance, it's kind of hard to die on Gelidra.

* Gelidra: Reduced Wrath of the Storm damage.
    Hotfix 4 guess that`s what called a soft bug fix ;)
    Btw 8k sounds hard....if I remember right it is not more than 6k for me per hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Bugged or not, if you run a purifier + air resistance/endurance, it's kind of hard to die on Gelidra.
    I agree, just posting this in hopes that it gets fixed.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I agree, just posting this in hopes that it gets fixed.
    Ya the purifier shielding raid when he or she can is very helpful , we dont even use air resist and that method seems to do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    * Gelidra: Reduced Wrath of the Storm damage.
    Hotfix 4 guess that`s what called a soft bug fix ;)=
    Looks like the nerf didn't go through or something, though, because this just happened an hour ago.

Arcbound can strip folks shielding, then a double tick can gib a person. But it usually just happens to one or two folks, so it's recoverable. Just gotta get'em back up quick.

But I'm with ya on the double tick, stuff that hits for 16k+ is usually the realm of something that is easily avoidable..this is random, so I'd imagine it's a bug.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Hm? Wrath has a 6-second wind up, so why not kill one bird and sit a tank under the other to avoid just this occurrence?

have gotten hit by this as well.

has nothing to do with the bird damage, wrath hits people twice in one instant randomly. I could find a clip of dying to this if needed
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-20-2012 at 11:11 PM.

A couple other examples where it actually gets triple ticks:

Code:
     [05:37:12]    Gelidra hit Spraynard with Wrath of the Storm for 9,703 Air Damage (4,359 overkill)
     [05:37:11]    Gelidra hit Spraynard with Wrath of the Storm for 8,911 Air Damage (532 absorbed)
     [05:37:11]    Gelidra hit Spraynard with Wrath of the Storm for 9,306 Air Damage
    Code:
     [05:32:13]    Gelidra hit Xatari with Wrath of the Storm for 9,688 Air Damage (7,779 overkill)
     [05:32:12]    Gelidra hit Xatari with Wrath of the Storm for 9,341 Air Damage
     [05:32:12]    Gelidra hit Xatari with Wrath of the Storm for 9,657 Air Damage
    Code:
     [05:32:11]    Gelidra hit Tranceaddict with Wrath of the Storm for 9,993 Air Damage (9,902 overkill)
     [05:32:11]    Gelidra hit Tranceaddict with Wrath of the Storm for 9,886 Air Damage
     [05:32:10]    Gelidra hit Tranceaddict with Wrath of the Storm for 9,678 Air Damage

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    A couple other examples where it actually gets triple ticks:
    It's always 18 hits over 6s, but yeah, I suppose those ticks can bunch up. From this Wednesday:

Code:
    :33: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 6025 Air damage. (1299 absorbed)
    :33: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 7218 Air damage. 
    :34: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 7435 Air damage. 
    :35: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 3423 Air damage. (3787 absorbed)
    :36: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 5495 Air damage. (1978 absorbed)
    Code:
    :57: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 4913 Air damage. (3485 absorbed)
    :58: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 8665 Air damage. 
    :58: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 8395 Air damage.
    Code:
    :48: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 3692 Air damage. (4248 absorbed)
    :49: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 7942 Air damage. 
    :49: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 7571 Air damage. 
    :49: Gelidra's Wrath of the Storm hits Player for 8315 Air damage. (5241 overkill)
    But very rarely is it unhealable unless someone were to drag lightning into the mix, as per the initial example here. Shields and heals can take care of triple ticks alright, though sometimes you do get a spike like that last example. Though even that I wouldn't call really "unavoidable" still.
    Last edited by bitnine; 12-21-2012 at 12:32 AM.

I think the point is that a 16k HP dps player should not be getting hit by an unavoidable 20k+ of dmg within 1-2 seconds. And yeah, as chloro I rarely die to those double/triple/quadruple hits but then again I also have 6k more HP than most dps. Also, Arcbound Storm is not entirely avoidable either. Stormbirds can spawn right on top of the raid and fire one off almost instantly and if you happen to get hit at the same time by Wrath of the Storm then it's lights out for you before you can even move. If you're going to make it hit as hard as it does (which I actually like otherwise the fight would seem too easy) then make it avoidable. Give it travel time in the form of ground zots or lightning bolts and give people just barely enough time to run out of the way or take it like an ascended.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

We didn't seem to get this issue when we killed her the other day while farming...

Either way, defiler + puri normally is good enough for us apart from a chloro or two as needed on this boss.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    But very rarely is it unhealable unless someone were to drag lightning into the mix, as per the initial example here.
    30k damage in less than two seconds is pretty unhealable.

I don't have a problem with difficult mechanics, but this is pretty clearly bugged.
    Last edited by Muspel; 12-21-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    I think the point is that a 16k HP dps player should not be getting hit by an unavoidable 20k+ of dmg within 1-2 seconds.
    I think the point is that a DPS player who wants to be raiding at this point should not have less than 20k+ HP. If you are raiding with only 16k HP, EXPECT TO DIE!

Also, Arcbound Storm is not entirely avoidable either. Stormbirds can spawn right on top of the raid and fire one off almost instantly and if you happen to get hit at the same time by Wrath of the Storm then it's lights out for you before you can even move.
    Called heals and shields and proper positioning. This fight is such a joke that anyone complaining about anything in it is hilarious.

If you're going to make it hit as hard as it does (which I actually like otherwise the fight would seem too easy) then make it avoidable. Give it travel time in the form of ground zots or lightning bolts and give people just barely enough time to run out of the way or take it like an ascended.
    Doesn't hit as hard, as fast, nor as long as orbital. Healing is a joke in this fight as it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast