+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Just dropping by...

Default Just dropping by...

... to say thank you Trion. Thank you for putting exactly ONE epic rogue dps ranged weapon into all Expert dungeons together. Thank for you that you then find it a good idea to give all the instance bosses an 11 item loot table and even bigger thanks for not even handing out marks after you have done your randoms.

I am writting this after my 40th Golem Foundry - you could call it an anniversary therefor. I really can not begin to tell you how utterly dissapointed i am by this massive pointless grindfest you pretentiously call an expansion.

wait till you start raiding

we have 6 rogue range weapons so far, 4 daggers, 2 dps relic daggers (and its even 2 different ones) from crucia

lf mage loot

random is random
    Last edited by sculti; 12-20-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviany View Post
    ... to say thank you Trion. Thank you for putting exactly ONE epic rogue dps ranged weapon into all Expert dungeons together. Thank for you that you then find it a good idea to give all the instance bosses an 11 item loot table and even bigger thanks for not even handing out marks after you have done your randoms.

I am writting this after my 40th Golem Foundry - you could call it an anniversary therefor. I really can not begin to tell you how utterly dissapointed i am by this massive pointless grindfest you pretentiously call an expansion.
    There are one from Golem Foundry another one from Storm Breaker Protocol and also you can buy one from a vendor....this would be about triple as much options than to get a epic warrior shield or 2h weapon?
    Last edited by Soulshield; 12-20-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    2h weapon?
    Triple of zero is still zero.
    what is this I don't even

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    Triple of zero is still zero.
    vendor is one option was not only talking about drops ;)

Prophet of Telara

Wow rogues should be grateful they're the only class who can go full epic weapons from experts.

No epic staff, hammer or warrior 2h

No epic totems or shields mage/cleric/warrior.

Learn your facts before you QQ.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    Wow rogues should be grateful they're the only class who can go full epic weapons from experts.

No epic staff, hammer or warrior 2h

No epic totems or shields mage/cleric/warrior.

Learn your facts before you QQ.
    Because clearly the fact that some things are even dumber than the situation i described makes the the described situation perfectly sane.

to make it easy: my point of view is a rogue point of view. from this rogue point of view the current situation with epic weapons is dumb. i dont care a flying **** if the situation is even more stupid for warrior, mages, cleric, santa clause, the pope or anyone else because that does not in any way affect the initially described situation.

so - before saying "Learn your facts" you should learn to follow reasoning - just saying

Ascendant

Because clearly the fact that some things are even dumber than the situation i described makes the the described situation perfectly sane.

to make it easy: my point of view is a rogue point of view. from this rogue point of view the current situation with epic weapons is dumb. i dont care a flying **** if the situation is even more stupid for warrior, mages, cleric, santa clause, the pope or anyone else because that does not in any way affect the initially described situation.

so - before saying "Learn your facts" you should learn to follow reasoning - just saying
    No... you should still learn your facts. There are alot of 1h rogue relics from dungeons plus vendor ones. There are blue ranged weapons that are good enough to make it through SL T1 raids. You are complaining because you havent been lucky? Try looking up the loot tables.

IMO if you dont like it leave. Then we dont have to listen to you complain about not getting full regulos relics after dinging 60.
    Last edited by Reticularize; 12-21-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    No... you should still learn your facts. There are alot of 1h rogue relics from dungeons plus vendor ones. There are blue ranged weapons that are good enough to make it through SL T1 raids. You are complaining because you havent been lucky? Try looking up the loot tables.

IMO if you dont like it leave. Then we dont have to listen to you complain about not getting full regulos relics after dinging 60.
    Well ok. Let me see what we got here:
    "There are enough 1h rogue relics from dungeon": There are no RELICS from dungeons. Beside my post was concerned with ranged epics. Fail.
    "There are blue ranged weapons": Never doubted that. Got some. Nothing to do with my initial post. Fail.
    "You can make it to SL t1 raids with blues": Never doubted that either. Nothing to do with initial post. Fail.
    "Try looking up loot tables": Said in initial post i have done Golem Foundry 40 times because i damn well know the loot table and what to get there. Fail.

And about the just leaving... Well i did pay a year in advance (dumb decision retrospectively) so sorry but i will kinda try to get my return of investment so to speak. Nice try though. Oh and indeed i am complaining about not getting lucky - anything else you would like to lecture me on?
    Last edited by Eviany; 12-21-2012 at 05:07 AM.

And about the just leaving... Well i did pay a year in advance (dumb decision retrospectively) so sorry but i will kinda try to get my return of investment so to speak.
    I find it amusing that you dont think you're getting your moneys worth out of the game because you havent gotten a specific epic drop.

Purple pixels are serious buisness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    But the bads are the majority and this needs to work in our favor because there's a lot of us.

4/4 3/3 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Knulen View Post
    I find it amusing that you dont think you're getting your moneys worth out of the game because you havent gotten a specific epic drop.

Purple pixels are serious buisness.
    So my utility function for this game diverges from your. Agains: never said that my desire for this specific item was based on any objective arguments - i did however say that i PERSONALLY find the loot in expert dungeon annoying and that i PERSONALLY find the expansion a big fail. I stand by that - if you think that is funny, weird, cheap, dumb, <insert random adjective here> be my guest - non of that changes anything or adds anything to the argument.

However i think i am done feeding you guys here - sooo thanks for making my work afternoon funnier.

Prophet of Telara

People forget epics are meant to be just that. Epic.

Not something thats handed out willy nilly and for free.

Just because any and everyone was full epic before SL doesnt mean everyone should qhen SL is released. Give it a couple of months and when FT and EE start getting cleared by pugs then everyone will be swimming in epics and you'll wonder why you were so impatient.

If you're so obsessed with the best gear then start raiding seriously.

If you look at pre SL experts there was still only 2 epic rogue dps ranged weapons (but more dungeons) so really nothing much different.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    People forget epics are meant to be just that. Epic.

Not something thats handed out willy nilly and for free.

Just because any and everyone was full epic before SL doesnt mean everyone should qhen SL is released. Give it a couple of months and when FT and EE start getting cleared by pugs then everyone will be swimming in epics and you'll wonder why you were so impatient.

If you're so obsessed with the best gear then start raiding seriously.

If you look at pre SL experts there was still only 2 epic rogue dps ranged weapons (but more dungeons) so really nothing much different.
    I really don't doubt that there will come a time (pretty soon) when we all drown in epics again. I just never really understood (and still don't) why Trion stopped with mark bought gear at body armor. After you have gotten your body armor 4 piece there is simply no point in doing expert anymore and i think that is very very sad.

Mainly my initial post was indeed very ranty (and it was meant to be that) but i still think my point remains: This whole expansion seems like either a massive grind fest (bought 2 epic pieces - 1h dagger and a body armor piece - with infinity stones so far) or totally random number generator based. In this whole expansion so far i have not seen anything that is remotely hard/interesting/thrilling - i do hope that this changes even a little bit in the upcoming raids.

And before i get to hear again that i want loot for free: i don't! For all i care make all the experts 10x as hard but drop epic all the time. Or marks. Or introduce master dungeons that are then 10x as hard and have good stuff drop there... i really don't get the complaints about the difficulty level of experts for instance - to the contrary i am quite convinced that you can run all of them successfully while being heavily drugged. I do however whine about the fact that the only resource that lets you get good gear seems to be time and not (as i would like it to be) skill.

But yeah - guess this has kinda reached a dead end here not because of the discussion (thanks for this reply btw) but because we are again at a point that has been brought up LOTS of times: please - introduce an option that provides progression by skill and not by "i got more time on my hands then someone else"

please - introduce an option that provides progression by skill and not by "i got more time on my hands then someone else"
    There is; its called "raiding".
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    But the bads are the majority and this needs to work in our favor because there's a lot of us.

4/4 3/3 5/5

<Munches on popcorn>

The OP is hilarious, maybe you should try asking Santa for that shiny epic? RNG exists, deal with it, or just buy and upgrade the multitude of other Rogue ranged weapons. Hell even the crafted ones are pretty awesome and easily enough to get through the current raids.

Baddies, they will never change.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast