+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PUG Derps and Sweet Revenge

Default PUG Derps and Sweet Revenge

It's brutal out there in PUG land, let me tell you. Here's my tale of being poorly treated in a PUG and my "revenge":

I got into TotS Normal on my Mage doing DPS. On the first room, someone derped and set off the mobs, and during the boss fight I managed to die despite being in the green AoE the boss drops. We get to the second room and honestly, I am not sure what happened. What probably happened was I majorly derped and set off the boss and all the mobs. As we are respawning, the person who derped on the first fight quits the group, and someone says, "Well, that saves us one kick." As I'm making my way back to the room, I suddenly find myself kicked from the group.

I managed to get back into the main room before I was kicked from the dungeon (as if I'm going to leave it before the clock runs out. They kicked me, let them wait.) I say, "Thank you for being so polite after I made one big mistake. Have a nice day!" before I'm zoned out.

However, they say the best revenge is living well. So my "revenge" was immediately getting into another TotS group as the Healer and clearing it in record time, then running two more Normals without a hitch.

So who else has stories of PUGs gone horribly wrong?
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

I did Empyrean Core yesterday with a really geared group of people. I was really mistaken though, the healer and his guildy DPS died to EVERY mechanic possible, literally every single one. /golfcalp
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Did Tower of the Shattered normal recently. We had a mage DPS who keep dying to obvious mechanics. This mage kept complaining that he had done everything right, but magically died anyway -- even when we all could see him do things like not get in for the first boss. Heck, he didn't even know about backstabbing the trash mobs, and didn't bother to ask.

We were very patient but had to votekick him after several totally unnecessary wipes. Amazingly, he seemed surprised.

Anc

If it happened last night he might not have been lying, i did 3 pugs last night and every time half the group wiped to aoe's they could not see. I couldn't see them either. I dont know if it was just a horribly laggy time or what, but right after the patch it was indeed a mess on my server at least.

Unhallowed boneforge run, one person says "first time here". we explain the fight. did first boss, but really sloppy. lots of res and having to run back in. second boss, healer gets cocooned, support can't keep us up, we wipe. Tank just leaves dungeon and drops party. So we re-que, and instantly get another tank.....

Guess Who???

He stayed and finished but not after us hazing him for a few minutes.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRage View Post
    Tank just leaves dungeon and drops party. So we re-que, and instantly get another tank.....

Guess Who???

He stayed and finished but not after us hazing him for a few minutes.
    I admit to having left a group as Tank due to incredible repeated derpitude on their part, requeued and got that group again. I immediately ate the 30min ban rather than pound my head into the desk for another 30min.
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

I had to kick someone from archive because they missed every lever on 3 connsecutive attempts, on the 3rd attempt I ran.over.and did it as the tank, after.we killed that boss he ran right over and clicked the lights while the rest of us were clearing statues. After the wipe, we vote kicked him and he ran over and clicked the lights again before he got kicked from the instance. Was kind of a pain to kill the statues and the other mobs and deal with the lights at the same time, but we managed.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

I wish I could get a comfortable middle ground with pugs...

It's either "impossibly fast smooth runs with zero wipes" or "21k HP tanks with costume pieces in actual slots." That last one isn't hyperbole. Had a cleric tank with the pre-order cape in his actual slot, and a costume helmet. I could not stop wincing the entire time.

Edit: The entire time before we could vote kick him, I mean.
    Last edited by Atropus; 12-24-2012 at 08:17 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Just starting to do normals on my alt now she's hit 58. I think people take a look at you in DPS gear and think "woah, he cant tank in that?"

Lower level stones tanking gear is a drop in armour, strength, endurance and block. I refuse to buy tanking gear which is a downgrade just to make derpy healers feel better.

Alts. Sometimes more trouble than they're worth. Gear up run MkII begins.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Did Tower of the Shattered normal recently. We had a mage DPS who keep dying to obvious mechanics. This mage kept complaining that he had done everything right, but magically died anyway -- even when we all could see him do things like not get in for the first boss. Heck, he didn't even know about backstabbing the trash mobs, and didn't bother to ask.

We were very patient but had to votekick him after several totally unnecessary wipes. Amazingly, he seemed surprised.
    Ahhh i see what you did there! ;)

I was in a pug where the support wouldnt support. He thought it meant he could do nothing. The bard was doing 400 dps and 200hps. Buffs were never up. When i called him out him and his guildies kicked me, then proceeded to report me to my guild leader for rude behavior. Yet there was nothing excessiveky rude beyond me not wanting to carry a bad.
    Last edited by Reticularize; 12-25-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Rift Master

Joined Golem Foundry as dps for an attempt at Pachi's gun. Healer basically only healed the tank, didn't cleanse and left the dps to die. He did, however use his res. Or so he thought. He yelled multiple times that he threw me a res, yet I didn't get one, and kicked me for running back in instead of accepting resses.

Glad so many people read the accept messages in the middle of their screen. At least one other guy whispered me afterwards and said, "sorry you got kicked, the healer is terrible."

;)

I got into a pug as a tank, and the healer was using a shield as an off-hand. I asked him why - his response,

"It gives me more Wisdom"

Ascendant

As a tank who normally only queues with pocket healers, I am glad I can avoid most of this! We do occasionally get derpy DPS but have only had to actually remove people once or twice (granted we are quite lenient ... on occasions we've duo'd bosses when people just couldn't manage to learn the mechanics. Did you know these bosses have enrage timers? The things you learn)...
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Extrasens0ry View Post
    I got into a pug as a tank, and the healer was using a shield as an off-hand. I asked him why - his response,

Lol. I was in the same dungeon.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Extrasens0ry View Post

Lol. I was in the same dungeon.

Could have at least waved as you bailed Healer was a scrub but it still doesn't hurt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast