+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1 day lockout on expert dungeons. You gotta be kidding me...

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default 1 day lockout on expert dungeons. You gotta be kidding me...

    So not only is there almost no incentive to run experts more than once a day, but if you are actually looking for a specific peice of gear and want to queue for a specific dungeon, you aren't even allowed to run it more than once per day.

    Just for a CHANCE that the last boss MIGHT drop an epic that MIGHT be the one you want all while getting NO marks?!

    come on... this artificial gating crap needs to end I am a semi-casual player who works a full time job and I feel like i'm wasting what little time I have to play because for some reason, I'm not ALLOWED to work for the gear that i want??

    So apparently If I'm not in a world first guild, who skipped experts for the most part and went straight to raiding undergeared then i'm S.O.L. and will be forced to grind experts for months just to get 1 weapon off of the last boss of 1 dungeon?

    Not sure why I'm even bothering to post this to be honest, my guild will start 20 man raids after the holidays and i'll just go back to being a raid-logger... but in the meantime i might as well not even log in since I can't even TRY and get a piece of gear more than once a day in expert dungeons.

    /rant

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Lewin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    Even though it says you will be locked till the next day, for some reason they tend to randomly reset through out the day. I don't know if its intended or not,.but run your specific and then go do some other stuff for a while, either events, or randoms or something, and then check your locks, odds are your expert ones will have cleared while you were doing something else.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Mikanori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Um, not to be rude but,...this has been in place since...forever ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    I didn't think Plutonus knew such large words.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Crucia's weird like that. She likes to mess with people's heads. Don't worry; you are not going crazy. ...or are you?

  4. #4
    RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,367

    Default

    Of course you can run Experts all day, what the lock out means is that you can run a specific Expert once only with entering/picking it manually, but by queuing in Random it will pop up again, just randomly.

    If you need to run a specific Expert for 'uber loot drop #5297' and have a Guild group, you can just keep queuing for random, kill the first boss in it, or wait 10 mins, then requeue, rinse and repeat until the Expert you want pops

  5. #5
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    659

    Default

    I think a good solution would be to change it so that the lockout is only for using LFD. If you physically go to the dungeon the lockout is not enforced. This way you encourage guild/premade groups for farming but you cannot abuse LFD by specific queueing.

    Just a thought.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikanori View Post
    Um, not to be rude but,...this has been in place since...forever ago.

    used to be 15 minute reset timer

  7. #7
    Champion Synergis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Relogging resets your dungeon lock outs. Dont know if its intended, but here you go.

    GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Grishnakh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Hmm. For as long as I have been playing I've never had the instance locks randomly reset, nor have they reset from logging out and back in, I've always seen the "Instance Reset 4am" thing.
    "Wizards First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true." - Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Hijati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    used to be 15 minute reset timer
    Since 1.0 all experts have been 24hr lockout times. The only way to get it again is through a bug or a random dungeon que which is unlimited now. You may not get marks but you have the chance to get the dungeon you want over and over again.
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara Mantiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    For a semi-casual man you have a lot of posts and tend to whine A LOT. You also tend to be wrong more often then not, so I'm starting to wonder if you're playing the same game we are.

    The lockout timers have been 24 hours for ages, not 15 minutes. The RNG for dungeons has also been whacky, but that is why you can fill out areas with rep/crafted/runes/rift gear.

    So... welcome to the same game you've been playing for awhile now. Nothing has changed except a me-me syndrome.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.


  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Soulshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    I can say you it is less frustrating to run it once a day and not getting item_3625# than doing it 7 times a day and not getting this item. After they introduced lfg you had about one or two weeks where you couls endless times repeat a specific dungeon...was looking for tank plate chest in cc and ran this dungeon 5 to 7 times a day for a week and it did not drop. So if you want a specific item you will get it if the luck is with you ;)

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantiss View Post
    For a semi-casual man you have a lot of posts and tend to whine A LOT. You also tend to be wrong more often then not, so I'm starting to wonder if you're playing the same game we are.

    The lockout timers have been 24 hours for ages, not 15 minutes. The RNG for dungeons has also been whacky, but that is why you can fill out areas with rep/crafted/runes/rift gear.

    So... welcome to the same game you've been playing for awhile now. Nothing has changed except a me-me syndrome.

    really? you read though over 1000 of my posts and determined that i'm wrong more often then right?

    you must not have even looked at the first page of my post history because over 10 of those 25 are posts helping people out answering questions....

    says the guy with only 24 likes on 1000 posts... oh look I can read your profile too!

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    So not only is there almost no incentive to run experts more than once a day, but if you are actually looking for a specific peice of gear and want to queue for a specific dungeon, you aren't even allowed to run it more than once per day.

    Just for a CHANCE that the last boss MIGHT drop an epic that MIGHT be the one you want all while getting NO marks?!

    come on... this artificial gating crap needs to end I am a semi-casual player who works a full time job and I feel like i'm wasting what little time I have to play because for some reason, I'm not ALLOWED to work for the gear that i want??

    So apparently If I'm not in a world first guild, who skipped experts for the most part and went straight to raiding undergeared then i'm S.O.L. and will be forced to grind experts for months just to get 1 weapon off of the last boss of 1 dungeon?

    Not sure why I'm even bothering to post this to be honest, my guild will start 20 man raids after the holidays and i'll just go back to being a raid-logger... but in the meantime i might as well not even log in since I can't even TRY and get a piece of gear more than once a day in expert dungeons.

    /rant
    not sure what your point is, this artificial gating favors those with fulltime jobs who sometimes may not be able to run more than one dungeon a day

    and (other than the reset bug) it's working as intended
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-18-2012 at 11:32 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Pixel Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    hrm nah for a while now some people have been logging out the second the boss dies, it resets the instance and they can chain run the same thing all day.
    maybe they fixed it, if not they bloody well should
    who took my names!

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara Mantiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    really? you read though over 1000 of my posts and determined that i'm wrong more often then right?

    you must not have even looked at the first page of my post history because over 10 of those 25 are posts helping people out answering questions....

    says the guy with only 24 likes on 1000 posts... oh look I can read your profile too!
    Never read your profile, your posts are on the side under your name. Once again... makes me question your accuracy. As for likes, they are easy to get with zingers, but not exactly my thing. Also a more recent edition and I had quite a long break. The business professional world here in NorCal will do that to you.

    Glad you can't backup a single thing you stated though and keep up that "Me-me" whiny attitude. Might get you somewhere... I'm just kidding it won't but it is funny.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts