+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bring back marks dropping from every boss instead of at the end

Soulwalker

Default Bring back marks dropping from every boss instead of at the end

Sick of getting kicked at last boss because I corrected someone on their tactics and they feel the need to group kick me after i just spent a half hour doing the first 4 bosses. In pre-SL vanilla rift when you got a mark for each boss you killed is how it should've stayed. I don't know what genius felt the need to change that.

Rift Disciple

I'll sign this petition.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

2400 Plaques of Achievement... nothing to spend them on. Not sure IF I would honestly want another token system for tokens that would be of little to no value. Maybe dropping infinity stones from each of the bosses, regardless of daily bonuses to use up. That might be an alternative rather anything else?
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    2400 Plaques of Achievement...
    You can spend them on PA once T3 is released. So it is not a waste.
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hijati View Post
    You can spend them on PA once T3 is released. So it is not a waste.
    * Planar Attunement experience crystals are no longer available for purchase from currency merchants (Raid, crafting, etc).
    As seen from: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/patch-notes/344140-rift-2-1-8-00am-pst-12-12-12-na-2-00am-gmt-13-12-12-eu.html
    --BC

Telaran

2400 Plaques of Achievement... nothing to spend them on. Not sure IF I would honestly want another token system for tokens that would be of little to no value. Maybe dropping infinity stones from each of the bosses, regardless of daily bonuses to use up. That might be an alternative rather anything else?
    having 2400 plaques is really only a problem after the tokens become meaningless... while they still hold meaning not having a booby prize for group members that might not have been able to finsih - or a reason to run dungeons for people who have run the seven randoms. will severely cut into how many good players are in the dungeon queue once players and their alts are geared.

I get that trion wants to extend how long the dungeons stay relevant - by reducing the flood of tokens but i'm not sure how much i like it - cant count how many times i have had a group fall apart part way through a dungeon because some one ragequit after 1 wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpsterbaby View Post
    Sick of getting kicked at last boss because I corrected someone on their tactics and they feel the need to group kick me after i just spent a half hour doing the first 4 bosses. In pre-SL vanilla rift when you got a mark for each boss you killed is how it should've stayed. I don't know what genius felt the need to change that.
    Same statement except the groups I get into are usually 2 hours.

I almost wonder if Trion did this to make grouping with people you know more of a focus, but what about the people that want to just log in and do a quick dungeon?

2400 Plaques of Achievement... nothing to spend them on.
    Why didn't you buy catalysts pre-SL and flood the AH with them? Or break them into dusts and sell those? That's what I did with my extra marks.

I feel your pain on that... on three characters (was ready to max dat T3!)

However, I definitely would love to see the bosses dropping Infinity Stones. Even if it's between 5-10 per boss or a large lump sum at the end of the expert, that'd be awesome. Considering that all of the expert dropped weapons have a twin from the world vendor to complete a weapon set, that'd be perfect.

In fact, I'd probably be willing to farm a little more just for some extra IS.
    Last edited by Riane; 12-17-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Personally, I think its just a general lack of social tact that gets people kicked for the most part; provided they aren't flat out failing at their role.

You -ARE- dealing with other people in these parties, afterall.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Sword of Telara

I'd agree, so long as there is some incentive to finish the run.

I've been in a few experts, and apart from 1 smooth clear, they seam to break up mid run. The boss wiht lots of adds in EmpCore, is a bad one, as it boss 3 in Storm breaker.

I'd like to persevere, bit it gets costly with repair costs, and with people leaving and being replaced, its hard to make progress sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

In the last thread i posted on someone suggested that giving the marks as drops from boss' will make it so top end raiding guilds will breeze through content.... silly people.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

The main things I read was about the last boss and being kicked and this does happen. I've yet to be booted from any dungeon (knocks on wood), but I've seen people do it to others and its pretty crappy. I've also seen partial guild groups all need on a purple to ensure their guildie gets that item.

So adding in some kind of token system to "buy" the last boss items might not be a bad idea to help alleviate what other, less then savory, people do.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Make it 1 infinity stone per boss please. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread