+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Group make up for 10 man could use help

Telaran

Default Group make up for 10 man could use help

Trying to figure out what the group make up for the 10 man should be.

Tanks
    heals
    DPS

I am a Rogue tank not quite sure if we need two or not. I don't want to just invite a random group of people i want to try to get the best class makeup i can. Any suggestion on a good 10 man comp would be appreciated

Rift Chaser

Two tanks (first and second boss, single tank last two bosses)
    2 healers (one raid, one tank)
    1 support (bard works well)
    5 dps
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

2 tanks, 2 support, 2 healers and 4 dps.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

• 2 Tanks (Cyril is the only encounter for 2, the rest you only need 1 tank)
    • 2 Healers (61 Sentinel / 61 Warden, Chloro. Cyril can be solo healed by a competent chloro)
    • 1 Bard
    • 5 DPS (you'll have 6 DPS for all but Cyril)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    • 2 Healers (61 Sentinel / 61 Warden, Chloro. Cyril can be solo healed by a competent chloro)
    • 1 Bard
    I suppose the falconer guy could be solo tanked, but I'm not sure an entry level group would be able to do it, which is probably what this guy is asking about.
    Jorlyn, Warrior Tank
    Tabula Rasa, Laethys
    9/9 4/4 HM (World 6th), EE Conqueror (World 1st)
    Watch Tabula Rasa Raids here!
    Check out our recruitment thread here!

Just a question, but I was told that purifier is a "mandatory" Spec for either 10 man or 20 man...
    Is this true? I honestly feel as though I am stronger in the Sentinal role, and to fill i nthe gap, I also have Warden, Defiler, Inquister, Justicar, and then a Solo spec....So in order to have Puri I would have to drop 1 of those other roles...
    Is trhe that much of a difference in Puri/Sent That I "MUST" have both?

Ascendant

• 1 Bard
    I'd be surprised if the 1st boss could be 1 tanked by entry level geared people, we tried to 1 tank the first boss..even with an extra tank healer, not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    I'd be surprised if the 1st boss could be 1 tanked by entry level geared people, we tried to 1 tank the first boss..even with an extra tank healer, not worth it.
    Went into it a few days after 10 of us hit level 60. Toughness rune, hit runes, and a mix of normal/expert (no mark gear) dropped pieces and low rep Torvan / boe green essences. Was painful. painful. Should be better now if people go in with slightly more gear, runes and essences. TODQ is actually really easy.. kind of like Drowned Halls quality.
    Last edited by Riane; 12-15-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luknar View Post
    Just a question, but I was told that purifier is a "mandatory" Spec for either 10 man or 20 man...
    Is this true? I honestly feel as though I am stronger in the Sentinal role, and to fill i nthe gap, I also have Warden, Defiler, Inquister, Justicar, and then a Solo spec....So in order to have Puri I would have to drop 1 of those other roles...
    Is trhe that much of a difference in Puri/Sent That I "MUST" have both?
    No that is complete rubbish, sometimes its a helpful combo with a Chloro, but it is never 100% needed.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

2 Support (bard plus an archon or beastmaster) is more raid dps in a 10 man then 1 support and adding another dps.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Plane Walker

You should definately run with a purifier, atleast on the first boss and 2nd. First boss to shield the raid from the aoe damage, and second boss to shield the tank when he's got his maximum health reduced.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    I have one tanked this the first week of SL with very little stuff. Cleric tank is the must with that.
    Just make sure to assign two person on the bird two kill them after each movement before to move to orignal spot, this way, the bird never hurt.

For Cyril, if you have a good stuff, you don't need a second tank well geared, just a second person with a tank spec, who taunt to take the third breath for you, and even if he die, brez him for the next third breath.

For the comp we use the following:

senti+chloro+bard/tact(not full bard) for first and second boss
    prot+chloro+bard/tact(not full bard) for third and last

Instead of a second support (archon/bm) you could also try this build:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ort-specc.html

This build adds everything archon got except castspeed increase and deals up to 13k dps (if you can melee at that particular boss).
    Member of Game Under.

I have all this info listed up on daphat.com Along with videos to help you along the way. Enjoy your journey.

• 1 Bard
    using 2 support is more dps in the end (bm or archon whichever you can find to go along with the bard)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast