+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Zazen

Thread: 5 man experts, people need to learn patiance

Soulwalker

Default 5 man experts, people need to learn patiance

Hello, i am sure i will get flamed and trolled but just want to say a few things.

The exspansion is only 1 month old, and most people have been doing the experts for 1-3 weeks, many people just hitting 60 and trying to gear. I do everything i can outside of 5 man experts to improve gear and dps.

That being said stop raging and crying over a few wipes and leaving people, give people time to learn fights.
    Been playing MMO's for 12 years and i find these experts challenging, some of the fights, it will get easier with practice and gear but if people keep dropping grps eventually people will quit and you will not have anyone to play with longterm.

We all were at the point of learning these dungeons only a few short weeks ago. Some will learn fast some might need a couple extra attempts it. I queued 3 times day, 45 minute minimum wait times and all 3 grps fell apart, it is very frustrating, Be a team player.

This is meant to hopefully get the people who have good gear because of strong guilds and friends to relax a bit and help the community get stronger as a team, keep a open mind and take it positively.

Thank you for reading and hope people will take it to heart.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dayes View Post
    Hello, i am sure i will get flamed and trolled but just want to say a few things.

The exspansion is only 1 month old, and most people have been doing the experts for 1-3 weeks, many people just hitting 60 and trying to gear. I do everything i can outside of 5 man experts to improve gear and dps.

That being said stop raging and crying over a few wipes and leaving people, give people time to learn fights.
    Been playing MMO's for 12 years and i find these experts challenging, some of the fights, it will get easier with practice and gear but if people keep dropping grps eventually people will quit and you will not have anyone to play with longterm.

We all were at the point of learning these dungeons only a few short weeks ago. Some will learn fast some might need a couple extra attempts it. I queued 3 times day, 45 minute minimum wait times and all 3 grps fell apart, it is very frustrating, Be a team player.

This is meant to hopefully get the people who have good gear because of strong guilds and friends to relax a bit and help the community get stronger as a team, keep a open mind and take it positively.

Thank you for reading and hope people will take it to heart.
    I understand the frustration you are having, unfortunately that is what you get with pugs.. I suggest you do them with guildies that way people can learn together. Or if you are a class that can tank then do so, it will keep you from waiting in ques.
    Shunn-Warrior l Tabula Rasa l TODQ 4/4 l FT 4/4
    EE 5/5
    Asbell-mage
    FT 4/4 l EE 4/5 (Alt run)

This is more or less the chronological order of events for a lot of players that complain or rage quit or are just insulting during pug runs:

- They run the zones with their guild members. They fail many times but because they are amongst friends it's all good. No one rage quits, no one swears and shouts except, perhaps, in a good-natured fashion

- They continue to run the dungeons with guild members acquiring familiarity with the fights and thus failing less and less

- They then run with some pugs, players inexperienced with the zone, new players, or solo players that didn't have the nice cozy introduction to the new content in the companionship of an understanding group. At this point they call out the mistakes made by these new or inexperienced players because their goldfish memory fails to recall that they also went through this rite of passage

The above players are not elitist because actually they are not that good. What they have had is an easy learning environment where criticism was either mild or non-existent. They are now familiar enough with the fights so that their mediocre skills are obscured.

Exercising a little patience is no great hardship.

Telaran

TOTALLY agree. I hate it when a group won't show any patience. Even worse is when we run a guild group and there is STILL raging!!

That's why I only pug now.

If people would just take the time to be decent with one another in a PUG they would find a much more enjoyable experience. I recently had a Cleric tank that was chewed up in the first few pulls of Core Normal. A warrior kindly said, that she was better geared and took over the tank spot. Putting the cleric in a support role where they basically did nothing for the rest of the instance. Little to no healing and very little dps. No one really said anything and we finished the instance.

About a week later I queued as a tank with a healer Guildmate taking them into their second expert. At this point I have solid DPS gear a good rotation & solid tank gear. The queue pops for me as DPS and my guildmate as a healer. Low and behold it's the same cleric tank and 2 of his guild mates. I start the instance off by saying to my guild mate that he's not the best tank, but not unpleasant. Several wipes later we find ourselves past the third boss of core expert. As a cleric I've been doing 80% of the dps for the entire group and I haven't really said anything. I didn't comment on the other's DPS nor did I get sour when the tank wiped us with poor positioning.

At the Core event the DPS is so bad that the room is filling up fast with ground AOE's and the group wipes. I'm putting out 9k ST and I'm a bit frustrated when the tank, that I have tolerated, initiates a Vote Kick on my guildie saying she can't heal. I completely lost it. Dropped group immediately and commenced saying things in /say that I'm not proud of but were well deserved.

TLDR. Be good to other players. Vote kick as a last resort or if you are frustrated remove yourself with class. You never know who or what might cross your path in the future. If you feel compelled to belittle people or act like a snob, then do everyone else a favor and don't queue.

Rift Disciple

I'm a mage with a chloro spec. I have no problem getting in groups. I typically wait less than three minutes.

Half the time I'm paired up with three or four members from the same guild. I still get fail groups, but I'm no spring chicken myself. It's getting better every day though.

Gravy train!

Rift Master

You always will get impatient people in pugs; such is the luck of the draw with LFG. Either you get people that seemingly have ADHD (the "gogogo" crowd as they're known in WoW) or people who think they're so leet that everyone should know every Expert like the back of their hand a month into the expansion, and everyone is a hardcore raider leveling their tenth alt.

I find it best to ignore these people. As you said the Experts are still fairly challenging and most of the playerbase is only just now hitting 60 and starting to run them; it's not like the majority were 60 and running Experts on the first day.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the positive feed back and sharing your experiences

Shadowlander

learning the fights is a big things and learning them with other people will take time as each guild might find something that works for them. Might not work for the next guy or will improve on the speed runs.

Share your information and be nice about it. I do know some small guild will have to work harder through this time as they might not have a full team to run with always.

+ Reply to Thread