+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Useless expert marks.

Soulwalker

Default Useless expert marks.

And again no fix for the upgradeble gear. Why, i just cant upgrade 3 of the items that i can buy with expert marks... Another reason that running experts is just useless. Yeah trion want people to do more stuff. But you can already buy different gear with IS. It is just pointless to even buy the chest/belt/head with expert marks. Because at the end you'll have to switch it with IS gear. Please fix this!

Crafted belt and head are better than raid relics and pretty cheap to make with the right augments.

The chest is an issue of course.

Ultimately all expert gear is only a temporary stopgap though if you are doing any raiding so I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist about it.
    Yes, I raid in pink, what of it?
    FT: 4/4 :: EE:4/5
    Not copying strats since 2011

Soulwalker

If it is temporary. Why dont let us upgrade them into epic? And the IS gear is also temporary but you can upgrade them into epic. The second blue upgradeble item with IS gear = expert without upgrade. So i dont see the point in not letting us upgrade the expert gear

Quote Originally Posted by Nivelmir View Post
    If it is temporary. Why dont let us upgrade them into epic? And the IS gear is also temporary but you can upgrade them into epic. The second blue upgradeble item with IS gear = expert without upgrade. So i dont see the point in not letting us upgrade the expert gear

craft.
    your.

as for chest

double upgrade the IS = epic, dont just QQ because all your gear doesnt come from one vendor.
    they want you to do all aspects of their game to progress
    Last edited by TyrLith; 12-13-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Soulwalker

I play all expects of the game. But i just dont see a point in not letting us upgrade expert gear. Its the bloody same as IS. I like to run experts and not waiting for a banner and receiving IS. And i already have the crafted gear.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrLith View Post
    craft.
    your.

as for chest

double upgrade the IS = epic, dont just QQ because all your gear doesnt come from one vendor.
    they want you to do all aspects of their game to progress
    If that was true they would place good essences with the expert currency, the pvp ranks would also be a way to get into raids.
    But it's not true, they just want to shoehorn as much progression as possible and placing stop gaps no matter where you go, granted the dps checks for the raids and experts are silly so getting epic gear isn't really that much needed when you can just go and do the 10 man and faceroll it.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    If that was true they would place good essences with the expert currency, the pvp ranks would also be a way to get into raids.
    But it's not true, they just want to shoehorn as much progression as possible and placing stop gaps no matter where you go, granted the dps checks for the raids and experts are silly so getting epic gear isn't really that much needed when you can just go and do the 10 man and faceroll it.
    Much of the current content doesn't even require all that much gear. If you and your guild can handle it, alot of these intermediary steps can be skipped.

If you can't do the raids, you can still progress your gear through IS and dungeon marks.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 12-13-2012 at 04:23 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Much of the current content doesn't even require all that much gear. If you and your guild can handle it, alot of these intermediary steps can be skipped.

If you can't do the raids, you can still progress your gear through IS and dungeon marks.
    Its something in the order of 7 or 800 IS to fully upgrade an armor piece, and you may also have a weapon that you need to upgrade as well.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Quote Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
    Its something in the order of 7 or 800 IS to fully upgrade an armor piece, and you may also have a weapon that you need to upgrade as well.
    You run your daily dungeons and tag the events... and play as you normally would.

Then, after a while, you spend the stones you get to fill in any notable gaping holes in your gear where RNG has cheated you.

I don't get how people get it in their heads that they need an entire set of IS purchased gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    You run your daily dungeons and tag the events... and play as you normally would.

Then, after a while, you spend the stones you get to fill in any notable gaping holes in your gear where RNG has cheated you.

I don't get how people get it in their heads that they need an entire set of IS purchased gear.
    QFT, you can literaly be raid ready in 1-2 days doing it right.

Soulwalker

I dont care about the gear. But i am running experts. I receive expert marks. And 50% of the items you can buy with expert marks (that are the same as IS gear) cant be upgraded into epic. Every IS gear can be upgraded into epics except the belt. I dont know if it works as intended. But i guess trion could just let you buy the same gear with IS or expert marks. You will still need to do every part of the game, cause weapons/jewelry can only be bought with IS.
    Useless expert marks.-expert-vs-.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nivelmir View Post
    I dont care about the gear. But i am running experts. I receive expert marks. And 50% of the items you can buy with expert marks (that are the same as IS gear) cant be upgraded into epic. Every IS gear can be upgraded into epics except the belt. I dont know if it works as intended. But i guess trion could just let you buy the same gear with IS or expert marks. You will still need to do every part of the game, cause weapons/jewelry can only be bought with IS.
    Attachment 8632
    Or, y'know, dropped from those dungeons you're running.

Epic weapons drop for every role/calling outside of an epic 2h warrior weapon.

Jewelry you're better off getting them crafted with a good augment.

Soulwalker

I know but why make the difference between IS en expert?
    I know you can craft lots of stuff and bosses in experts drop epics. But why make some items that you can buy with expert marks not upgradeble. And if you buy them with IS you can upgrade them into epic

Anc

Instead of QQing that you have to do 2 things you could be happy because you have a way to work on 2 pieces of gear at the same time.

If you are working on the reps its hard not to get IS.

Ascendant

Epic gear is harder to get. Period.

Experts drop one epic per run if you get lucky with RNG. The dungeon gear reflects that epic gear is just that. You could make the chest upgradable, but it would need to cost ~200 marks, and then you'd be complaining about the cost.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast