+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New chronicle is fun until the final encounter

Default New chronicle is fun until the final encounter

Seriously? A vehicle fight? No thanks. Maybe is it worked properly. The jump pads don't work half the time which means I fall off, get ported back up and have to run all the way across the platform, taking damage the whole way, only to fall of again because the jump pad still does not work.

So frustrated! I can get the eye to 1/3rd then OH NO! Jump pad won't work! Have fun dieing and having to release, rez at the graveyard (yay! we get to spend extra plat to rez!) run to the soul healer and then run aaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way back through the entire chronicle only to enjoy falling off the jump pads again.

It was going so well. I really liked the flame thrower and the white orbs that made you run fast and insta kill mobs. Vehicle fight, broken jump pads and the loooooong run back for extra plat just ruin the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    the loooooong run back
    There's a teleporter in the corner of the crafting room by the door that takes you to the spot just below where you put on the mech suit.

And yes, all the mech suit stuff in this and in SBP is unbelievably horrible. To most folks, an MMO is all about building up your character and improving and customizing that character. Now, we're getting content in which we can't even play our own characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    There's a teleporter in the corner of the crafting room by the door that takes you to the spot just below where you put on the mech suit.
    Not in my instance. Looked everywhere, clicked everything, even found some artifacts, but no teleporter...unless I found out that the special fluff item is really awesome, I am probably never going to come back. The epic hammer I got at the end of all that runebroke into two green mats

They heard we loved Storm Breaker Protocol so much so they added in the mecha, just as an early Christmas present.

Had a blast although a tad easy even for a one man chronicle.

Rift Master

My only issue seems to be no loot? There was a chest after the second or third boss that had an upgradeable green pair of boots (that wasn't an upgrade as I have boots from an expert), and that was it. Nothing for finishing it unless I missed something (after I left the mech I fell back to where Batua is and died, then rezzed via SW and nothing, couldn't leave the area, couldn't do anything, so I left the Chronicle.

One piece of loot doesn't seem like much, but then again the Attunement chronicle only had the reward at the end.

Maybe I just got unlucky.

Well you do get some gear pieces that can be upgraded into expert epic gear.
    And as for the last fight i didn't have any problems with bugs.... except for the part where you take 95% of your health in fall damage as you enter, easily remedied by just smashing a cannon
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wayne62682 View Post
    My only issue seems to be no loot? There was a chest after the second or third boss that had an upgradeable green pair of boots (that wasn't an upgrade as I have boots from an expert), and that was it. Nothing for finishing it unless I missed something (after I left the mech I fell back to where Batua is and died, then rezzed via SW and nothing, couldn't leave the area, couldn't do anything, so I left the Chronicle.

One piece of loot doesn't seem like much, but then again the Attunement chronicle only had the reward at the end.

Maybe I just got unlucky.
    You missed a chest at the end, theres a port that returns you to ground level with a load of people cheering and stuff. I cant remember if the port was an interaction or a pop-up though ><

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    I cant remember if the port was an interaction or a pop-up though ><
    Pretty sure it auto ported you when you clicked to get out of the mech.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    I'm a baddie.
    L2P, Kill everything, then you can jump. Cry about it.
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

dbe
    General of Telara

Has anyone found one of the upgrade currencies *inside* of the chronicle yet? I've gotten some gear pieces, and they all use a different currency. I did get a type of currency from the last boss of expert SBP, but it doesn't match any of the gear I've gotten from the chronicle.

Shadowlander

Half the time? No. *All* the time. I threw my character at this for two hours tonight, and couldn't make a platform jump from one to two.

Ridiculous. Fix this horrifying nonsense.

Plane Walker

Eh, this mech part is far more barable and somewhat can be entertaining... somewhat.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    Has anyone found one of the upgrade currencies *inside* of the chronicle yet? I've gotten some gear pieces, and they all use a different currency. I did get a type of currency from the last boss of expert SBP, but it doesn't match any of the gear I've gotten from the chronicle.
    I've got a blue upgrade item and my partner got a purple one.

The blue sometimes comes from the chests, the purple she got from a random mob.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hatile View Post
    Half the time? No. *All* the time. I threw my character at this for two hours tonight, and couldn't make a platform jump from one to two.

Ridiculous. Fix this horrifying nonsense.
    You have to kill everything before you can use the pad. That includes the big fans and the power cores which sit on some of the platforms, including the first one i believe.

The only problem i've come across with the jumps is that 1 or 2 of them have items above you which you can hit if you dont go far enough forwards.

Either way i've done it twice now without a single problem. My only real complaint is that since we can only do it once per day the rep rewards should be higher.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast