+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xBehemothx

Thread: Empyrian core

Default Empyrian core

Trion could you please fic the aoe on the third boss? (i think its third, its that woman before manslaughter)
    I could hardly see the vortexes, im running on low graphic settings and a lot of people do too, and its verry hard to avoid something that you cannot see.
    make them different colour or something to make them more visible.

You must be referring to Golem Foundry, not Empyrean Core.

Cl0N3 is the boss.
    You can run it at low settings, have it on low renderer as well; just turn up your spell detail to 3 and you should be able to see it.

Other things to help you along:
    1. She throws a small "bomb" looking animation at the person who is about to get hit by the AoE; and it results in an initial splash damage - you have ~1s to react.
    2. You get a debuff on your raid frame (a distinct, metal grey square) - you have ~2s to react before you take the subsequent tic.

Hope it helps

There are a number of places where graphics settings have an effect on boss encounters:

1. Telaphalon, boss 3 in Storm Breaker Protocol. You need to fight him in the shadow of the bridge which is not visible unless you have at least Environment Shadows enabled.

2. General Typheria boss 5 in Tower of the Shattered. You need to have spell detail set to 2 or 3 to see the vfx for Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    There are a number of places where graphics settings have an effect on boss encounters:

2. General Typheria boss 5 in Tower of the Shattered. You need to have spell detail set to 2 or 3 to see the vfx for Surge.
    General typheria, i have problems with this one too, dont see aoe, but when my hp goes down for no reason, i move
    Also golem foundry, but there it ticks for a lot more. I have my spell detail set to 3, and i still have problems seeing it, and some of other players that i have talked too.

Hm.. anyone had problems like this and know a quick fix?

The problem here isn't with broken functionality or things not working. They are working as intended. The issue is that both the "Environment Shadows" and "Spell Detail" sliders you mentioned are mislabeled.

Both belong to a group of sliders in the Encounter Difficulty set. Rumor has it they'll be relabeled in 2.2.

Lag, President and CSO of <Terrible Idea>
    Professional Troll and Rougbe Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    The problem here isn't with broken functionality or things not working. They are working as intended. The issue is that both the "Environment Shadows" and "Spell Detail" sliders you mentioned are mislabeled.

Both belong to a group of sliders in the Encounter Difficulty set. Rumor has it they'll be relabeled in 2.2.
    So until the hotfix i wont be able to see it
    Hope there isnt any invisible aoe in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by xBehemothx View Post
    So until the hotfix i wont be able to see it
    Hope there isnt any invisible aoe in raids.

I think Infinite Storm counts as both invisible and an AoE.

dbe
    General of Telara

I turned my spell detail up after SL was released, and I can see the orange vortexes, but the effect hits you outside of the area. Which... could be intended? Maybe? If you get like an extra radius away it's fine, but it seems like if they bother to draw you an area that they do it for a reason.

It's also possible you need the highest spell detail enabled to see the less-bright outer ring.

Rift Master

I agree with this 100% they really need to make things more visible for those of us who have to run Low Render settings; I don't even think I can CAN change spell detail when I have low render checked (maybe i can, haven't tried). Honestly the only way I know I'm standing in the Caltrop is because I see I'm taking damage, and that's unacceptable.

Ascendant

That boss is busted regardless of what gfx setting you use. She puts a yellow square on the ground and then you just roll a dice, put some chicken guts on a wheel spin it and pray the server thinks you aren't standing in it. I've been hit by this heaps of times and have been nowhere near it, it's basically impossible to avoid as a tank sometimes.
    Last edited by Malark; 12-14-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    That boss is busted regardless of what gfx setting you use. She puts a yellow square on the ground and then you just roll a dice, put some chicken guts on a wheel spin it and pray the server thinks you aren't standing in it. I've been hit by this heaps of times and have been nowhere near it, it's basically impossible to avoid as a tank sometimes.
    This has actually been better recently, last 2 times I was in there had no issues avoiding it just bu running behind her. Her random lightning balls that didn't show up the first several times I was there also started showing up as well as the ones earlier in the zone where you have to flip the switches. Still on LQ render and haven't messed with any settings so they probably tweaked something on their end.

As far as the Caltrops in GF even if they do show up,.the color is so similar to the floor that they are almost impossible to see anyway.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    The graphic for Storm Blast extends further back than it's marked area. As a tank you need to move to the side to completely avoid it.
    Last edited by Zazen; 12-14-2012 at 08:55 AM.

The graphic for Storm Blast extends further back than it's marked area. As a tank you need to move to the side to completely avoid it.
    Last couple times I did it had no issues just running behind her so it may have actually been fixed.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by wayne62682 View Post
    I agree with this 100% they really need to make things more visible for those of us who have to run Low Render settings; I don't even think I can CAN change spell detail when I have low render checked (maybe i can, haven't tried). Honestly the only way I know I'm standing in the Caltrop is because I see I'm taking damage, and that's unacceptable.
    You can't change them while it's checked, but changes you make to the settings while it is unchecked will apply when it's rechecked.

+ Reply to Thread