+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Bug in new Chronicle

Default Death Bug in new Chronicle

So I died in the new chronicle during the Eye of the Storm Phase and now every time I come back in and port back up there I end up at 17k/500k HP and instantly get hit by the boss ability and then die. As such, I now can't complete this chronicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    The Endless Court Event? Yeah, they're all up in your Telara, killing your mans. Not cool.

Ok, looks like 6th try is the charm. Finally managed to port up there and have full health, not the amount of HP I had before my MAX was set to 500K by the assault frame.
    The Endless Court Event? Yeah, they're all up in your Telara, killing your mans. Not cool.

The easiest way to counter this is to stay on the charge pad for a few seconds and then port to the next platform. Stand on the charge pad, heal up a bit and keep moving. You'll get to 100% after a few platforms. It's tedious AND terribly annoying if you're like me and uhh, died while in the mech suit because you went afk.
    Last edited by Riane; 12-12-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    The easiest way to counter this is to stay on the charge pad for a few seconds and then port to the next platform. Stand on the charge pad, heal up a bit and keep moving. You'll get to 100% after a few platforms. It's tedious AND terribly annoying if you're like me and uhh, died while in the mech suit because you went afk.
    I don't remember if there was anything (i.e. a charge pad) on the platform it would put me on when I ported back up there, but because of the low health and instant boss ability hitting as soon as I got up there I couldn't even make it off that first platform.

Worse still, I don't know what was different that 6th port that made get up there with full health - so if it happens again, which hopefully it won't, I'll have to keep porting back up there and crossing my fingers that I have full health...or dying and running back until I do....again.
    Last edited by Elaani; 12-12-2012 at 11:14 AM.

You shouldn't be standing in any AOEs. As soon as you port in, stand on the charge pad in the middle of the platform to regain some health and then start jumping to the next platform. You basically have 2ish seconds to stand on the pad to gain some HP before you have to jump to the next one.

This is what I did since the only abilities being cast were from the main boss and were ground targeted AOEs.
    Last edited by Riane; 12-12-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Soulwalker

I had this same issue. If you get to the Eye of the Storm boss and then die, it's very near unwinnable. It's not a question of standing still in the AoE, with only your normal health, you can just get clipped as you're moving and die in a single hit.

But still, I did try the just run and run and run until you have some health tactic. But I also found the jump pads to be a little unreliable, and if you fall, the game kindly lifts you up ... and then teleports you directly into the middle of the AoE that kills you before the screen even loads. Maybe if I had Elaani's patience I could try over and over again to see if I could get it to give me my full health after the teleport, but the run back through Tempest bay can be kind of ridiculous too, depending on where it decides your body is after dying.

I gave up at five attempts.

The rest of the chronicle is pretty amazing. I look forward to finishing it.

edit: I may try again this evening in my tank spec to see if an extra 10k health going in will make the crucial difference.
    Last edited by Stannum; 12-12-2012 at 11:26 AM.

You pilot a mech for the chronicle? PASS.

Telaran

Checking the combat log shows after respawning I was taking 10k ticks of Overheating, so basically I port in with 17k health and die in seconds from a DoT.

Well i dont even get that far, when i ported in the first time i ended up in mid air with the "big heal" not sticking to me and get killed by 4 ticks of overheating, i never get as far as a chargepad. And this keep happening have tried i dont know how many times now, filed a petition tough.
    Last edited by Ldarax; 12-13-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldarax View Post
    Well i dont even get that far, when i ported in the first time i ended up in mid air with the "big heal" not sticking to me and get killed by 4 ticks of overheating, i never get as far as a chargepad. And this keep happening have tried i dont know how many times now, filed a petition tough.
    That happened to me the next time I ran the chronicle. First port up the heal didn't stick, 2nd time up same thing. Thankfully the 3rd time up was the charm and I got ported up with 500k hp.

Sadly though, I'm doing my 3rd run of the chronicle and just got ported up to the final phase.....
    Good news is: I have full health.
    Bad news is: I'm IN the platform, not ON the platform.

Can't use the "I'm Stuck" cause I'm in combat, and can't use "Leave Chronicle" for the same reason.

Also Riane, I don't think your understanding. There is no charge pad, there is nothing to save you when that happens.

@Stannum: It wasn't so much patience as it was all the server firsts I had got in there up to that point.
    I did still manage to server first the [He's Gotta Be Strong, He's Gotta Be Fast] achievement so I was happy.

+ Reply to Thread