+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crucia is a social experiment

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Crucia is a social experiment

Here's a video by Derren Brown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDi2N...273BB874D60A25

I think Crucia is actually an online version of that social experiment to demonstrate superstition by seeing what kind of links players can draw between their actions and just random raid wiping mechanics. This is how I feel after raiding on Crucia this week. I'm like the pigeon in a box trying to get food by spinning around which is just about the same as being a raider and trying to prevent Infinite Storms.

Ascendant

Maybe, from the sounds of it it's a bugged encounter that relies on... essentially luck to complete but for some reason the people spending their time on this are doing it to show their prowess, skill at the game in doing it before others.

Rather ironic =)

I assume most rational people would see that it's bugged and just report it and try at a later time.
    Last edited by Malark; 12-11-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Haha, I remember watching this a couple of years ago and I absolutely love derren brown, the man is an genius! but yes I do think it's quite amusing how some guilds have developed weird patterns to avoid certian bugs. When we did Crucia we sacrificed a player before every pull :P
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Maybe, from the sounds of it it's a bugged encounter that relies on... essentially luck to complete but for some reason the people spending their time on this are doing it to show their prowess, skill at the game in doing it before others.

Rather ironic =)

I assume most rational people would see that it's bugged and just report it and try at a later time.
    Except it's already been reported countless times.

Quote Originally Posted by Toransparkwing View Post
    Haha, I remember watching this a couple of years ago and I absolutely love derren brown, the man is an genius! but yes I do think it's quite amusing how some guilds have developed weird patterns to avoid certian bugs. When we did Crucia we sacrificed a player before every pull :P
    it's only weird if it doesn't work.

+ Reply to Thread