+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Crucia Infinite Storm Bug - possible fix?

Default Crucia Infinite Storm Bug - possible fix?

Disable infinite storm.

The only time this mechanic is actually difficult is when you are first entering the battle and don't know what's going on. I don't think I've seen anyone wipe to this mechanic otherwise. This would prevent crucia from casting infinite storm on the second platform and instawiping the raid for reasons it seems no one understands. This is the only quick fix that seems like it would possibly work, and it doesn't dumb down the fight or nerf it in any other way than a simple p1 mechanic that you're getting rid of.

There are about 6, maybe more, skilled guilds that would have otherwise gotten a kill by now who are stuck at this same spot. For an NA guild to be able to kill crucia in her current state requires an immense amount of luck in getting an unbugged pull in regards to infinite storm and unbugged for other issues as well as being able to execute all mechanics properly into the latest stages of the fight. We don't even get enough practice in the late stages of the fight to do this right now even in the off chance we get this far. I don't know much about current state of EU bugs, they may or may not be in the same situation with this particular bug. It seems like we have different bug types/amounts (possibly due to how the server groups are patched at different times and with different patches?) but I'm not trying to start another flame thread where it's us vs. them. I think the top EU guilds and top NA guilds are all at similar skill levels.

With EE coming out it would really be nice to focus on progression for that raid, and with the current crucia bugs I don't think the NA guilds would be wasting raid nights on her until EE is cleared right now .
    Last edited by Eosmeep; 12-10-2012 at 01:52 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

If anything they will just permanently disable it and re-add it as "hard mode"

Any dev response at all about this issue would be nice. This is not acceptable for a paid service.

Soulwalker

sounds like a l2p issue

What's the point of using mech then ? Makes the fight too easy / trivial.

special.guildlaunch.com - Always Recruiting Exceptional Players

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com
    Rogue Class Lead

Quote Originally Posted by HmmmNO View Post
    What's the point of using mech then ? Makes the fight too easy / trivial.
    To stop your mages from raging in mumble when they get negated!!! You don't know the fury!
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    To stop your mages from raging in mumble when they get negated!!! You don't know the fury!
    Mages? Either ur rogues and warriors are really shy or Ur mages are doing somthing wrong. Our mages loves it! free 100% mana WIN.

Rogues and warriors oh **** i cant dps now untill i get negated....
    Just click it!

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    Don't forget clerics too ! And the person in the mech suit will still be busy: break shield, unnegate, drain her mana, suppress bomb.
    Last edited by Eosmeep; 12-10-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Plane Walker

Well the EU got the bug last patch... Once we got the bug once it bugged for the next 10 attempts with the infinity storm bug....You are making me depressed...

"So not really sure how it died, i think that the plug may not have been fully in." - 'Dahanese

Wigglezzz | Cleric | World First Crucia Perfection | World Second Regulos | World First GA

Quote Originally Posted by wigglywoo View Post
    Well the EU got the bug last patch... Once we got the bug once it bugged for the next 10 attempts with the infinity storm bug....You are making me depressed...
    Maybe this information will make it easier for trion to figure out what in changed in that particular patch that is making her bug? I don't know anything about boss encounters and all the scripting that must go into them, but hopefully something can be done before 2.1 is launched

Quote Originally Posted by Eosmeep View Post
    Don't forget clerics too ! And the person in the mech suit will still be busy: break shield, unnegate, drain her mana, suppress bomb.
    You forgot rocket jumping like a bauce

Plane Walker

We just recorded the full raid & will be counting all the bug attempts to show that it is not just the US who are getting this. This evening we had at least 15-20 pulls bugged with around 8 or not.. The bug started after the first hour of attempts this evening. We never encountered any issues on the previous patch...SO + GO are lucky that they got it down before these issues occurred.

"So not really sure how it died, i think that the plug may not have been fully in." - 'Dahanese

Wigglezzz | Cleric | World First Crucia Perfection | World Second Regulos | World First GA

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    You forgot rocket jumping like a bauce
    The point of disabling infinite storm is you wouldn't need to rocket jump anymore, sorry smoked. Or maybe they could keep that option in case you're bored and just want to smack her while she's in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by wigglywoo View Post
    SO + GO are lucky that they got it down before these issues occurred.
    Mad skillz.
    Last edited by Byona; 12-10-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast