+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why do I run experts?

Shadowlander

Default Why do I run experts?

I ran AT LEAST 15 experts today (Its my only day off, leave me alone, I do have a life) and I saw ONE epic drop. There is NO reason to run Experts after your random charges are gone.

1) We dont get badges
    2) We dont get reputation (This should be implemented immediately)
    3) We dont get patterns (Anymore, didnt see a single pattern in all 15 runs I did)
    4) We dont get purple loot.

Please.. give us a reason to keep running experts. I don't complain often... but..

Cmon man...

Please and thank you for listening to my crying.

/signed...

Ascendant

bad? Troll? Serious?

You get marks from the randoms... there are a ton of recipes that drop. Bad RNG for you. Purple loot drops... I have a new purple SHoE and purple mage pants from experts....
    Last edited by Reticularize; 12-09-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Ascendant

Run experts to gain sufficient hit rating to enter and compete in Frozen Tempest, Triumph of the Dragon Queen, and very soon Endless Eclipse.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Run experts to gain sufficient hit rating to enter and compete in Frozen Tempest, Triumph of the Dragon Queen, and very soon Endless Eclipse.
    another good point

Farm crafting mats , craft items which are even way better than raid drops and raid vendors. Do zone events ,farm infinity stones and buy world merchant items and go raids without doing any expert.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Farm crafting mats , craft items which are even way better than raid drops and raid vendors. Do zone events ,farm infinity stones and buy world merchant items and go raids without doing any expert.

This is false... Raid gear is superior to crafted gear. Crafted gear with the best augments are marginally better than some of the worst raid gear... they are good enough to raid with tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    This is false... Raid gear is superior to crafted gear. Crafted gear with the best augments are marginally better than some of the worst raid gear... they are good enough to raid with tho.
    Its not false, all crafted items with epic augment are way better than raid drops. Of course you gonna compare weapons, if the weapon is not "main hand", off hands and ranged weapons for classes which are not using it, BiS coming from crafted.
    Last edited by aileen; 12-09-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Rift Disciple

Crafted gear with epic augments are better than the raid relic versions (helm and belt).

Ascendant

I have the crafted helm and the crafted belt for mages with epic augments. The mage belt from FT is a sidegrade... Please don't mislead to the uninformed... Also, expect to see your crafted items go bye in Endless Eclipse...

Quote Originally Posted by nyleva View Post
    Crafted gear with epic augments are better than the raid relic versions (helm and belt).
    You can include rings and necklaces too and most of other crafted items (bows, chests, shoulders even boots) are way better and makes you raid ready unless you need crystal bonus

I have the crafted helm and the crafted belt for mages with epic augments. The mage belt from FT is a sidegrade... Please don't mislead to the uninformed... Also, expect to see your crafted items go bye in Endless Eclipse...
    Endless eclipse is T1 raid as FT , and if you think that drop is sidegrade you should check your stat weights
    Last edited by aileen; 12-09-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscidus View Post
    1) We dont get badges
    3) We dont get patterns (Anymore, didnt see a single pattern in all 15 runs I did)
    In one run of Empyrean Core yesterday I picked up a new runecrafter recipe and some epic chain tanking boots.

Also saw several purples drop throughout the weekend.

Therefore "We" are not trying hard enough.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viscidus View Post
    1) We dont get badges
    ...but you do get 30 to 50 gold per boss kill in each dungeon! That's well worth it, right guys?
    --BC

So...don't do experts after your turns run out? I didn't do them without turns in pre-SL Rift, nor do I now. I don't see any reason to add incentive to do them.

Several crafted items are so far >>> raid drops.
    They need to make raid drops nicer.

Got a 65 hit ring with crit on it. Crit. Crit takes so much to get 1% now that it makes it pretty much useless. If it had 100 crit.. Maybe. But it was like 40 something and you can get ap or cp with similar values. The only thig this ring is good for is if i needed a bump to SL tier 2 raid hit so i could have 500+. Stats are terrible compared to my crafted.
    Last edited by Hodor; 12-10-2012 at 03:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast