+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DPS bug on Necrotic throne?

Sword of Telara

Default DPS bug on Necrotic throne?

I was running unhallowed boneforge earlier (normal) as a level 55 mage, my dps on all fights prior to throne was 3300+ with my pet another 1600 or so.

On the end boss, this fropped to 800 for me and 300 for pet....

Is this a bug or am I missing something.

Other people's dps seamed to stay the same, with the cleric pulling 1900 on the last boss, which was about what he pulled on all previous bosses.
    Last edited by zetans; 12-09-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

I'm assuming you're talking about normal unhallowed boneforge... because those numbers are absurdly low for lv 60's running experts.

There's a few things to consider:

1. Are you (or your pet) hitting the middle target? Its invulnerable to direct damage... smacking it will drop your dps like a rock.

2. Damage to the left and right "lungs" of the throne is shared with the center piece; everyone would be doing less damage since some of it is getting redirected to the actual 'boss' and isn't registering as your damage.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about normal unhallowed boneforge... because those numbers are absurdly low for lv 60's running experts.

There's a few things to consider:

1. Are you (or your pet) hitting the middle target? Its invulnerable to direct damage... smacking it will drop your dps like a rock.

2. Damage to the left and right "lungs" of the throne is shared with the center piece; everyone would be doing less damage since some of it is getting redirected to the actual 'boss' and isn't registering as your damage.
    yes, thats why I explicitly stated normal. But nice job in reading failure and passive insult there. oh and stated my level to....

Nope, hitting the sides.

And I woudl understand that, but it was my dmg which went stupidly low and everyone elses which stayed the same (bearing in mind it was not uncommon for my self and my pet to account for up to 60% of total dmg on previous bosses!)
    Last edited by zetans; 12-09-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    yes, thats why I explicitly stated normal. But nice job in reading failure and passive insult there. oh and stated my level to....

Nope, hitting the sides.

And I woudl understand that, but it was my dmg which went stupidly low and everyone elses which stayed the same (bearing in mind it was not uncommon for my self and my pet to account for up to 60% of total dmg on previous bosses!)
    *snort*

You're reading insults where there are none and flinging mud because I missed a word when I skimmed your post.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Sword of Telara

*snort*

You're reading insults where there are none and flinging mud because I missed a word when I skimmed your post.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.
    err, you missed the whole first sentance and you felt the need to call the dps absurdly low.....when that was not the issue. you were trying to be all superiour and ended up looking a pillock. Sorry, but thats just how it works out.

dbe
    General of Telara

I'm not sure if it's a bug but it's the same in both normal and expert, it resists about 2/3 of your damage. I normally run 6-7k in experts and was doing 2k on the throne.

Considering the health of the thing (1.2 mil?), it's low compared to other end bosses for experts, so it may be intentional. But with all the other bugs in this room, and the whole dungeon, who knows.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    I'm not sure if it's a bug but it's the same in both normal and expert, it resists about 2/3 of your damage. I normally run 6-7k in experts and was doing 2k on the throne.

Considering the health of the thing (1.2 mil?), it's low compared to other end bosses for experts, so it may be intentional. But with all the other bugs in this room, and the whole dungeon, who knows.
    Ok, thanks.

I was just puzzled as to why I went from doing a silly proportion of the groups dmg (60%!) to comming 3rd by a long way. Dont really care about positions, just wondered why my dps was cut by so much and others were seamingly unaffected.

Wondering if I was missing a mechanic or something, did not see any buffs or anything indicating that my dmg should be lower.

Just confused, I could understand an across the board dps hit, but I seamed to be hit massively hard wiht a dps nerf onthat fight. (running elementalist build btw).

Your damage is reduced by 50% on the throne, and that's it. Anything less than that and you were sleep tab targeting the immune part.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    Your damage is reduced by 50% on the throne, and that's it. Anything less than that and you were sleep tab targeting the immune part.
    Hmm, odd, its not the first time i've noticed it and so I did check I was targetting the correct part.

And unless the other dps suddenly got better, their dps was not affected. Oh well, boss died, so I suppose it does not really matter.

Don't know if it's related but the first pull of the third boss in expert SBP yesterday, our DPS numbers were around 10% of what they should have been, I bursted to 1k in inquisitor and the next pull I bursted to 9-10k. But the whole group was similarly affected. Wasn't really paying attention to the boss's health so can't be sure the damage was actually that low.

This is really it. I thought the same thing, I was wondering why I was so bad lol. However your damage is split and your meter wont pick up the damage that transfered to the main piece by attacking the bottom pieces.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Don't know if it's related but the first pull of the third boss in expert SBP yesterday, our DPS numbers were around 10% of what they should have been, I bursted to 1k in inquisitor and the next pull I bursted to 9-10k. But the whole group was similarly affected. Wasn't really paying attention to the boss's health so can't be sure the damage was actually that low.
    This was likely due to the one turret in the corner keeping you in combat and messing with your meter. The wipe cleared the timer and you were no longer skewed.

Rift Chaser

Like everyone else said, 50% of your damage is redirected. I, as a warrior running a tempest/rb spec, did notice a few "immunes" pop up for Flamespear for some reason. It didn't happen every time, but it certainly lowered my DPS below half.
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zadozex View Post
    Like everyone else said, 50% of your damage is redirected. I, as a warrior running a tempest/rb spec, did notice a few "immunes" pop up for Flamespear for some reason. It didn't happen every time, but it certainly lowered my DPS below half.
    I've seen the same thing happen as well, specifically with Flamespear. It seemed to happen mostly on the right lung.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    I've seen the same thing happen as well, specifically with Flamespear. It seemed to happen mostly on the right lung.
    Flamespear rarely works for me; regardless of side.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast