+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why was Crucia the first raid boss?

Soulwalker

Default Why was Crucia the first raid boss?

Don't get me wrong, she should in all effect BE a boss in this expansion. She was just the main business. It feels almost anti climatic that she is already dead a month in.

Quote Originally Posted by technowizard View Post
    Don't get me wrong, she should in all effect BE a boss in this expansion. She was just the main business. It feels almost anti climatic that she is already dead a month in.
    Who says she's dead?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Who says she's dead?
    I am hoping not especially as

Spoiler!

specifically so i could stop looking at death spines. I am so tired of Regulos and his death spines, I want him gone and

Spoiler!

A whole continent of his influence saved by my actions shouldn't be wiped away so easily.
    Last edited by Shibi; 12-09-2012 at 12:50 AM.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

rift has always been about regulos
    im just surprised we get to him so soon (.....Join Date Feb 2011.....maybe)

which can only mean something should be waking up soon......
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 12-09-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    who took my names!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    which can only mean something should be waking up soon......
    Well, I can just think of the crazy old loony who sits halfway down the stairs from the porticulum to the crafting area yelling out his conspiracy theories to anyone who even suffers him a glance as they go about their business in TB.

((I've noticed that sign changes quite a bit, it's pretty cool))
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

!!
    i know
    i keep my eye on that guy, hes up to something im sure of it
    theres the other guy by the dummies who thinks the foundations are sinking, might just be hes drunk too much salt water tho
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 12-09-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Spoiler!
    That's actually quite clever. I'll love to see this story line.

But pleaseeeeeeee, let's set back Regulos in a huge way until maybe 3.0? Maybe get the Fae from the plane of life to invade the plane of death and get all the abominations high on mead so they get tied up and we can stop looking at death spines.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    theres the other guy by the dummies who thinks the foundations are sinking, might just be hes drunk too much salt water tho
    I've been following him around a bit thinking. I fell through my TB dimension the other day and underneath the city is mostly ocean. It's like the whole city is perched on a tiny little island and then expanded out over the water.

I think he's right. When we move on to the plane of water I think TB sinks like Atlantis under the ocean and we get somehow to revisit it.

The dragons are only vessels for the beings here in the plane of Telara.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    The dragons are only vessels for the beings here in the plane of Telara.
    Yup this.. There has always been hints that we kill the dragon forms only to take the fight to their planes to destroy their true forms.

Though it seems we might actually kill Regulos truely because if I am not mistaken, Endless Eclipse is in the plane of Death and there is a messenger of the vigil at the entrance of the anus saying they are there to help banish Regulos from all planes of existence.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    Yup this.. There has always been hints that we kill the dragon forms only to take the fight to their planes to destroy their true forms.

Though it seems we might actually kill Regulos truely because if I am not mistaken, Endless Eclipse is in the plane of Death and there is a messenger of the vigil at the entrance of the anus saying they are there to help banish Regulos from all planes of existence.
    Correct, but what happens when something dies in the plane of death? Does it perpetuate further?

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post

While it could be true, there have mainly been hints against this. The architects (who have access to the Plane of Earth) talk about how things could be different if Laethys was still alive. And the phase of the world event that unlocked Akylios had his lieutenants (also from the Plane of Water) all trying to gain control now that he was gone. I think the only instance of anyone actually from the Planes talking about a dragon still being around was Maelforge talking about Laethys being in the Plane of Death now that she was dead, but is that really a surprise? Everything that dies goes there. And in Primeval Feast you see the Fae surrounding Greenscale's dead body and acting like he's really gone forever. Not to mention the world event that had the essences of Greenscale and Akylios being scattered over Telara and destroyed by us after being killed. Also Alltha in Ember Isle (who has access to the Plane of Life) tries to become the leader of the Plane of Life in that zone event, also acting like Greenscale is gone forever.

It's also been stated that the dragons are basically just super powerful creatures from their planes that took control, not necessarily the "essence of the planes themselves."

Trion could easily undo that and say, "yep they keep on living in their planes" but so far I can't think of anything to suggest that it really happens. Unless something happens in the new raids where someone says they can live on; I haven't done the new raids.

EDIT: Also can you imagine how pissed off the raiders would be if Trion went, "So, you had fun killing the 6 dragons over the past 3 years? Great! Because now you get to go back and kill them all again. Why? BECAUSE THAT WASN'T EVEN THEIR FINAL FORM!!"
    Last edited by xanduin246; 01-03-2013 at 09:19 AM.

The idea of killing the avatar of death is a little silly.
    But then again I destroyed Entropy itself with some physical attacks when I played FF9.

Yeah the Sliver's inparticular confirm that the dragons are only the dominant elemental beings from their dimensional realms. There are multiple cases of underlings planning to usurp power and overthrow their masters throughout the lore.

So technically Regularloaf isn't the 'avatar of death' for Telara. Immortality, beyond brez, doesn't await us all with his passing (if that's possible by any means), rather a new being would ascend and take his place/powers. I for one would love to fight maelforge in mortal form; covered in smoke and blood and muscley like a balloon full of walnuts.

My question is: When do we get to see hybrid creatures. Mael and Laethys did the nasty dragon mamba lots, surely a clutch of their eggs could have been snuck away
    DEEPWOOD US
    Visit us here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast