+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World 1st Solo Jorb and Ragetide - Drowned Halls?

Default World 1st Solo Jorb and Ragetide - Drowned Halls?

Disclaimer: I have no idea how to write these kinds of posts, so if I ramble, excuse me ^^;

So a while back I had read a post about a WoW person soloing older raid bosses (sorry for bringing up that other game). With the recent gear/stat increases in Storm Legion, experts were pretty much soloable, and having fiddled around with my dimension for the hundredth time, I decided to give soloing some of the T1 raid bosses a shot. I have to admit I didn't think it was actually possible to do it, but part of me wanted to try it because I hadn't been around during progression of these older raids and I wanted them to be a challenge again.

ANYWAY

I don't have a Jorb video (partially because I didn't think I could do it), but after downing Jorb with 3 seconds left on the enrage timer, I decided to keep going, and this time, started recording, because why not?

Couple of things to note:

Jorb's hard enrage timer is 8 minutes on the dot
    Trash hits harder than Jorb most of the time
    I really hate those big abyssal spellcasters and their aoe

Sooo yeah. I'll just leave this link here to the video. It's on twitch, and I apologize for the vid quality (my internet is not that great). I also left in clearing the trash to Isskal and attempted to kill him (but 51k ice shards and not enough rupts = fail)

http://www.twitch.tv/thedawnfang/c/1764411

Will post specs and equipment if anyone is interested; I figure I've rambled enough. :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm a mage.
    Last edited by Althira; 12-08-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Althira View Post
    Disclaimer: I have no idea how to write these kinds of posts, so if I ramble, excuse me ^^;

So a while back I had read a post about a WoW person soloing older raid bosses (sorry for bringing up that other game). With the recent gear/stat increases in Storm Legion, experts were pretty much soloable, and having fiddled around with my dimension for the hundredth time, I decided to give soloing some of the T1 raid bosses a shot. I have to admit I didn't think it was actually possible to do it, but part of me wanted to try it because I hadn't been around during progression of these older raids and I wanted them to be a challenge again.

ANYWAY

I don't have a Jorb video (partially because I didn't think I could do it), but after downing Jorb with 3 seconds left on the enrage timer, I decided to keep going, and this time, started recording, because why not?

Couple of things to note:

Jorb's hard enrage timer is 8 minutes on the dot
    Trash hits harder than Jorb most of the time
    I really hate those big abyssal spellcasters and their aoe

Sooo yeah. I'll just leave this link here to the video. It's on twitch, and I apologize for the vid quality (my internet is not that great). I also left in clearing the trash to Isskal and attempted to kill him (but 51k ice shards and not enough rupts = fail)

http://www.twitch.tv/thedawnfang/c/1764411

Will post specs and equipment if anyone is interested; I figure I've rambled enough. :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm a mage.
    I did this on beta, never got round to doing it on live tho =)

If your up for a 'real' solo challenge that's not just tank and spank try doing Anarakk the Foul (The first boss in GP) ^^
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Quote Originally Posted by Toransparkwing View Post
    I did this on beta, never got round to doing it on live tho =)

If your up for a 'real' solo challenge that's not just tank and spank try doing Anarakk the Foul (The first boss in GP) ^^
    That was exactly what I was going to try next :P
    60 Mage - Althira, Faeblight
    Temporal Insurgence

Quote Originally Posted by Althira View Post
    That was exactly what I was going to try next :P
    Haha, I wish you the best of luck doing so! took me quite a few hours to do it... and I'd suggest bringing a few empty role slots ;)
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

+ Reply to Thread