Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Infinite storm critically hits No Quarter for 8628494 overkill

is it confirmed though, that server traffic is causing issues?

we did however notice bugs went away after midnight.

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com

You'd think this would be them, hurrying to patch NA with some kind of fix:

But, in reality, this is them, laughing at this thread:

"I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    It's not server lag. We raided at 10:00 AM server time this morning thinking it might fix the bugs, hardly anybody was online, I'm sure instance loads were at a very minimal amount. 7/9 of the pulls were bugged, two of them were derps and we don't even know if they would have bugged or not, so it could have been potentially higher. To my knowledge we are just waiting for a fix because a 20% chance or less of a fight working properly is just not worth the time.
    /shrug

Even things like zone events will cause lag inside raids. We get 300+ people showing up to event bosses at 4 am on week nights and there's almost always one up in either Ashora or SOI, so it's hard to find a lag-free time. 10 am server? I think we had Volan then a couple days ago. Maybe it's not lag-related and the latest patch really did break something. It's simply not a functional encounter in any case.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 12-08-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Plane Touched

I've only been lurking around the forums somewhat since SL hit, but could it really be more bugged than maklamos? Guess I haven't been missing much then

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeadope View Post
    I've only been lurking around the forums somewhat since SL hit, but could it really be more bugged than maklamos? Guess I haven't been missing much then
    Maklamos bugs did not break the entire fight, there were workarounds. There are no workarounds to these Crucia bugs. You simply die instantly (the largest problem), or are forced to wipe because a certain mechanic does not work properly (adds staying at 1 hp).

Shield of Telara

It is interesting reading the people who claim this will destroy the game, etc. They either have no history within this game or their memory of it is very short.

This game has a history of very poorly tested end game content. Has it destroyed the game? Not really. Has it had guilds come and go? Hell yeah. But has it been the end game that forced them to leave? I really do not think it has been end game that has caused people to leave.

I was knee deep in the race at launch to kill greenscale. Stay Small Nerds beat us because . . . their kill BUGGED. We got to kill it next reset because we got a CLEAN bug free script. We must have /rolled and got a 100. I bring this up because this is no different than what is going on now. SO and GO seemed to have gotten the lucky dice. To say it is skill is not accurate. That is why I often chuckle at those that proclaim there is a race. There is no level playing field when you have bugged content. It acts as a gate and hindrance.

Now if NQ, Trinity, SO, etc. all leave, it's ok. They were not there in beginning and to think they will be there in the end is a fallacy.

In fact, now that I think about it, there are two players left from that race in the game. There are still some players that were around then, but not racing. Most people who race tend to race game to game.

So congrats to this incarnation of winners. Your 15 minutes will soon expire and no one will really care.

It's not server lag. We raided at 10:00 AM server time this morning thinking it might fix the bugs, hardly anybody was online, I'm sure instance loads were at a very minimal amount. 7/9 of the pulls were bugged, two of them were derps and we don't even know if they would have bugged or not, so it could have been potentially higher. To my knowledge we are just waiting for a fix because a 20% chance or less of a fight working properly is just not worth the time.
    The game is largely configured via process, not geography. hartsman a while ago went into this and how due to this they can take resources "reserved" typically for one server and apply them to another if the "reserved" server is at low pop and another server is at high pop. He didn't go into whether this is manually or automatically triggered however. Because of this other shards can actually have an impact on each other's performance.

It's one of the reasons server transfers are almost instant, all they do is change a line of code associated with your character so that instead of saying "log him into Faeblight" instead of wolfsbane. Another good example is what happened to raids and instances when CQ first came out. A lot of the same processes are apparently used so it lagged the crap out of the raids when CQ popped. Large zone events same thing. A lot of the zone event processes are shared.

Not saying the issue is server side lag BUT simply saying "we logged on at server time X" doesn't have as much meaning here because of the configuration being largely based on process and not geography.
    Last edited by Galibier; 12-08-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Daayou View Post
    Now if NQ, Trinity, SO, etc. all leave, it's ok. They were not there in beginning and to think they will be there in the end is a fallacy.
    We've been around since the original Alpha. It doesn't get much more beginninger than that.
    Last edited by Europe; 12-08-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I don’t know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don’t want to answer.

The Dev's silence is worrying me.

At this point, we've all been *very* vocal for over a week and they've made a conscious effort not to respond. There is no way that they're blissfully ignorant to this level of QQ.

I'm sure they are working their butts off internally, but not even a sentence of acknowledgement upsets me.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Quote Originally Posted by Daayou View Post

In fact, now that I think about it, there are two players left from that race in the game. There are still some players that were around then, but not racing. Most people who race tend to race game to game.
    There are more then you may think. Some have changed names, some were not as noticeable as others on the forums or otherwise, some just kept a low profile. And you show your ignorance to some degree in your post by claiming Trinity wasn't around at the beginning. I wasn't with them at the time, but i was around and pushing content and raiding for server and world firsts. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    The Dev's silence is worrying me. At this point, we've all been *very* vocal for over a week and they've made a conscious effort not to respond. There is no way that they're blissfully ignorant to this level of QQ. I'm sure they are working their butts off internally, but not even a sentence of acknowledgement upsets me.
    Its a bit concerning, but im sure they are aware. And to be honest at this point even if they fully fixed Crucia to where there wasnt a single bug, i think everyone has accepted the ship has sailed.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 12-08-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niochua View Post
    This is just the Raiding aspect of bugs that we are addressing here. There are plenty listed and more coming with every patch. Continuously breaking the game and making it worse. Personally getting to the point of not wanting to log in anymore if it weren't for guildies making the failures fun.
    From what I can gather would be that you yourself haven't experienced this as much as others to irritate you as much as it would a HC raider. I could go on and on about other bugs in the game and things that simply just don't work; Dungeon achievements, Achievements in general, Itemization stats(phys traits on caster gear), Events, Mobs, Physics, Zone loading (ex: Empyrean Core 94% crash) Major Class imbalance, Constant disable/ re-enabling of NPC abilities and interaction. I could even go on about the recent casual rage about price drops of Dimensions and other vanity in-game related stuff that is just pushing customers away.

Although this thread is aimed just at Crucia and its failure of an encounter, the problem is on a MUCH larger scale.
    I hugely agree here...

I really hope that Trion's plan is to get EE out ASAP (which it seems they're doing with 1.1) and then focus at good month on everything they sped through without proper testing and fixing, and they use 1.2 just for quality-of-life improvements for most part.

And the price drop for dimensions was just weird. I can understand a drop, but the rate was just *weird* overkill. Why?

If only we had a response of "We are working on this issue". It would at least put us all in a state of relaxation than this silence before the Storm business... And that storm hurts...

I don't think this necessarily matters. All of the NA shards are on the same cluster, using the same database. Shatterbone my not be laggy but something somewhere in the database maybe be bogging down the system. EU shards where consolidated awhile ago, they've had time to work out the kinks in the system. NA shards where consolidated very recently, weeks before a major expansion. I doubt Trion's had the time with the expac dropping to have someone go through the system and debug things to make everything run smoother.

We've noticed a drastic difference in the frequency of certain bugs on high traffic times/days then on lower ones. A lot of these bugs appear to be scripting errors due to lag, but that my not necessarily be the case. It's just odd that NA shards are seeing a higher frequency of these bugs compared to EU shards.

Personally my MS is twice that of what it ever was before the consolidation. I rubber-band quite often and frequently have ability lag during encounters I've never had before. I've upgraded my internet since then and it's done nothing to mitigate this at all, and my computer runs every other game on my computer maxed out with no issues.

It is possible the encounter is bugged to hell, and it's possible that the guild who tested and the QA team did a lack luster job. But it think that the server 'instability' issues are a large contributing factor to all of this. Thus making this largely on Trion's shoulders. As much as I'd love to sit here and bash SO for piss-poor testing, I can't say that the blame really lies on them.

Bug's are to be expected, that's just a fact of life when playing any MMO. But these bugs horrid and are becoming far to frequent with every dungeon release and patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I hugely agree here...

I really hope that Trion's plan is to get EE out ASAP (which it seems they're doing with 1.1) and then focus at good month on everything they sped through without proper testing and fixing, and they use 1.2 just for quality-of-life improvements for most part.

And the price drop for dimensions was just weird. I can understand a drop, but the rate was just *weird* overkill. Why?
    Honestly I'd rather Trion wait and iron out EE some more before dropping it. I don't think anyone in the community will mind much waiting a few extra weeks to have a raid instance that isn't full of bugs and scripting issues. I think Trion doing this would save them a great deal of headaches and community back lash later on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    The Dev's silence is worrying me.

At this point, we've all been *very* vocal for over a week and they've made a conscious effort not to respond. There is no way that they're blissfully ignorant to this level of QQ.

I'm sure they are working their butts off internally, but not even a sentence of acknowledgement upsets me.
    This honestly isn't much of a surprise. The devs are notorious for leaving the community hanging out there flapping in the wind. They like ignoring problems and sit there hoping they'll go away on their own. Even though they could alleviate a lot of forum QQ and pissed off players if they'd take five minutes to craft a few lines of a response instead of banning players and locking threads (which in reasonably sure I'll get banned for this post).
    Last edited by Myrkel; 12-09-2012 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrkel View Post
    It is possible the encounter is bugged to hell, and it's possible that the guild who tested and the QA team did a lack luster job. But it think that the server 'instability' issues are a large contributing factor to all of this. Thus making this largely on Trion's shoulders. As much as I'd love to sit here and bash SO for piss-poor testing, I can't say that the blame really lies on them. .
    I don't think SO was the only guild who tested Frozen Tempest.
    I heard that there were 2 NA guilds and another from Europe, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethys View Post
    I don't think SO was the only guild who tested Frozen Tempest.
    I heard that there were 2 NA guilds and another from Europe, at least.
    Exposure and I think Addiction* where the two NA guilds. *I could be wrong about this.

However Special Olympics is the most well known and thus takes the brunt of the blame. Along with the fact that it seems to be a pass time to troll them.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast