+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HmmmNO

Thread: Trinkets - Something needs to be done.

Shadowlander

Default Trinkets - Something needs to be done.

Ok so im looking for discussion about the new trinkets that drop from xperts/raiding.

Ive had guildies parse the epic trinket from unhallowed boneforge and found that...surprise surprise, the lvl 50 conquest trinket still out performs it.

I would like to know if any of the current drop trinkets are actually better then this conquest trinket and if not......why?

Trinkets are arguably the hardest slot to fill for any character and it makes no sense that we dont have a baseline trinket that we can purchase at lvl 60 for stones/marks or whatever that can outperform a lvl 50 trinket.

However as i said above i would like to know if anyone has done some extensive testing on most of the dps/healing trinkets to see how they actually perform against the conquest trink.

The new version of SHoE (drops from last boss of expert E.Core) appears to proc about once an hour. It's beyond worthless and I am seriously considering runebreaking it.

Heck, I would like to see a trinket I can actually get that is better than my level 50 one or my 10% money purse.

10% is a nice chunk in SL btw

Haven't seen a single trinket drop from dungeon/quest anything since SL came out.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Shadowlander

ive seen a far few drop but i think im at about 50+ expert dungeons run now. Still the only trink that has made me go, wow i would actually like that, is the tank trink from storm breaker protocol.....the rest, just seem like garbage.

I could also extend this to Greater essences from raid rifts (cold wind shear) but ill keep it on track with trinkets.

There should never be a case where a level 50 item outperforms a lvl 60 item.

Pretty sure the only one I've seen is the Super SHoE from xEC. Like was said above, would be nice to get an IS one to buy (and a lot less chain gear to drop in experts btw....)
    Blackfield <-Divine Fury->: Mage

Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    The new version of SHoE (drops from last boss of expert E.Core) appears to proc about once an hour. It's beyond worthless and I am seriously considering runebreaking it.
    Really?

I was playing around w\ SHOE 3.0 from ID and it seemed to proc fairly often, even when playing chloro/harb. I've been using ' Storm Queen's Charge' from EOSQ and it procs really often off of chloro veils & w\ chloro/harb.

Haven't gotten a new dps one so I'm using CQ trinket for DPS only situations.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Rift Chaser

I've found my Golem Core (heals 3k over 8sec) to proc about 3x per minute while spamming instant-cast heals on myself. Very sub-par.

sticking to "the black rose" for ST healing, procs are nice for sentinel and purifier; for dps I still use the old conquest trinket, since karthan ridge is closed

No problem guys, we're on the right track here as Crucia drops one of the mostbworthless items ingame. 1.6k dmg to 5 targets with a proc that you'll fall asleep in counting it.

Kudosbto the item designers, worthy item from the last boss of the dungeon if you runebreak it.

special.guildlaunch.com - Always Recruiting Exceptional Players

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com
    Rogue Class Lead

I found the new SHoE to proc every 5 seconds consistently (proccing instantly off of every ICD).

And the new damage on procs are outparsing conqest trinket, even more with specs with many swings like Harbinger (250+ DPS)
    Last edited by Soul sky; 12-07-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Also something to think about is if you are new to the game there is a good chance you could make it to level 60 with the AP/SP trinket from the Gloamwood / Stonefield vendor.

Also, who remembers whispered silence? It was the BIS trinket pre GSB, and was nerfed because they didn't want a pvp trinket to be best in slot. A year and a half later .......

+ Reply to Thread