+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Jonus
  • 1 Post By MoonfireSpam

Thread: I despise Prince Kaliban

Ascendant

Default I despise Prince Kaliban

Not only is that fight a complete pain in the tail to heal, but that knockback gets me stuck in the wall a good third of the time x_x;
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

You should kill him if you hate him so much.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    Not only is that fight a complete pain in the tail to heal, but that knockback gets me stuck in the wall a good third of the time x_x;
    Not hard to heal. Get a support like a defiler. Makes it easy. Also never been stuck in a wall but the knockback charge has one shot a few people =p

I've heard actually using a cleanse makes it easier to heal bro.

Use it, really.

Okay?

Don't go with 4 healers and a tank

Okay.
    Badtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Mage
    Madtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue
    Sadtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue - A semi-automated alter ego!

I think rift has not enough tentacled monsters.

Don't stand near the entrance's invisible wall. If you stand behind the actual physical walls and not the invisible wall, you won't be stuck.

At least from my experience and others I've seen, the only time you get stuck in the wall is if you had your back to the invisible wall and the knockback knocks you back into the invisible wall at the entrance and 'slides' you into the actual physical wall.

This fight is totally healable in something like 61 sent, 15 puri. Top up then Symbol on the target of the charge. Cooldowns on the tank before or after the knockback and just shield and heal through the person who has the dot.

You will almost certainly need support, though, if people are going to stack close to each other, stand near the exploding cylinders or stand in the ****.

I have never experienced the getting stuck in the wall problem, luckily.
    Last edited by Protoskull; 12-05-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Yes, I raid in pink, what of it?
    FT: 4/4 :: EE:4/5
    Not copying strats since 2011

Tell your lazy DPS to use one of those earth consumables that shields for @3.5k if they get the charge. Even pewp geared players live through it with 18k effective HP.

And yes, stay away from the lockout door. We had someone get stuck in there tonight - punishment for avoiding the exploding pylons probably
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Protoskull View Post
    This fight is totally healable in something like 61 sent, 15 puri. Top up then Symbol on the target of the charge. Cooldowns on the tank before or after the knockback and just shield and heal through the person who has the dot.

You will almost certainly need support, though, if people are going to stack close to each other, stand near the exploding cylinders or stand in the ****.

I have never experienced the getting stuck in the wall problem, luckily.
    To be fair you'll need to cleanse it as a chloro. The aoe damage is trivial.however

Champion of Telara

I heal this 100% solo, no support with 54 Puri, 17 Warden, 5 Sent... Just keep shields on the entire party, and when he does a knockback I use a "CD absorb" on his target (rite, gathering of the ancestors, any ward) and no one ever dies to charge. The tank barely takes damage if they tank it properly (kite the boss around the outside of the room in a slow backwards progression).

With absorbs on the entire party, no one ever drops below 90% from AoE damage as long as you cleanse the debuff he puts on a single player quickly. He only debuffs once before charges, so it really isn't hard to cleanse.

PS - You can easily top off a player that is hit by the charge with one or two instant flares/breath. Make sure you keep Latent Blaze on the tank, and I like to use Tidal Surge with LB / Gathering of the Ancestors and Flashover with Symbol of the Sun on the tank to give me time to top them off after switching my healing focus to other people for a few GCDs.

Fun Fact 1: If you hug a pylon when you get charged, you will survive it.

Fun Fact 2: If you get him to charge a damaged pylon, he will get stunned for 12 seconds (pewpewpew!) then proceed to try and get off two really long casts (another 12 seconds of pewpewpew)! All you have to do is interrupt him late. So much free dps time.

Mechanics, who woulda thought.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread