+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Expert abandonment

Soulwalker

Default Expert abandonment

Seams so rampant lately with tanks and heals. Just had an expert where someone pulled the boss early and we did fairly well with it but wiped from lack of readiness so the tank leaves. Then the healer starts begging for a kick so he can re queue another group.

Another group I had was running Golem foundry and got to manslaughter without any wipes. then 2 wipes on him and the healer leaves, we queue for replacement, 3min goes by so the support leaves and then the group falls apart. I have too many stories like this since the SL launch.

With as long as it takes to queue in as dps or support just to have it fall apart so easily, its quickly becoming not worth it. When did the player base become so jaded? and why is the debuff from leaving a group too easy to bypass? If a tank leaves they can wait out the debuff and get another group faster then dps and support could ever hope to get into another one.

Also I would love to tank it myself and save myself the trouble but its a pain getting enough decent tank gear.

the time it takes a pug to do SBP, empy core or tower I can wait the debuff and get an archive, boneforge, foundry instead

Ppl were always leaving the group when something went wront, nothing special with new dungeons.

What pain to get tank gear?... Its easy as hell it just takes some time, Infinity Stone vendor has a whole tank set that is easy to get. I just bought 6 or 7 pieces myself to get expert rdy.

General of Telara

People don't have patience anymore. Heck, it take my friends like 90 mins to do a dungeon and a medic stealing our money, because we don't care, we are crappy and we are careless. But we have fun.

People are too used to the old dungeons and clearly forget what they were like prior to nerfs and overgearing.

When we pug the last spots we are either a players dream group - we don't judge, we don't ***** and moan or kick because he stranger isn't doing x dps or is q bit incompetent. We just work harder, die lots and have fun
    Or we are someone's worse nightmare - we aren't great, we wipe too often and we dont give a crap if you wanted a smooth 30 min run and are awesome dps. If you aren't having fun you can **** off and be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    People don't have patience anymore. Heck, it take my friends like 90 mins to do a dungeon and a medic stealing our money, because we don't care, we are crappy and we are careless. But we have fun.

People are too used to the old dungeons and clearly forget what they were like prior to nerfs and overgearing.

When we pug the last spots we are either a players dream group - we don't judge, we don't ***** and moan or kick because he stranger isn't doing x dps or is q bit incompetent. We just work harder, die lots and have fun
    Or we are someone's worse nightmare - we aren't great, we wipe too often and we dont give a crap if you wanted a smooth 30 min run and are awesome dps. If you aren't having fun you can **** off and be replaced.
    I was reading the post and thought...it's as if i'd written this myself!

Then i looked at the name and sig...
    Hey there!

Wait, so if your playing poorly everyone else should deal with it and not care that you are playing poorly?
    It's one thing if people are being aggresive about someone playing poorly. But if people are actually being constructive about things then i'd be really ashamed of myself if my attitude was "leave group because we are playing poorly!"

Then again i guess that's the mentality you would expect from people pugging.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Default I'm all for having fun. That's why I leave.

There's a difference between just learning and trying your best, and being aggressively obnoxious or stubbornly horrible.

In the last week, I have had pugs where:
    * The healer immediately ported back to TB because he had to "train up Purifier".
    * The healer didn't once do a dispel. Not once. When I brought it up, he claimed to have been doing it. He hadn't. I had already switched to full heals and had been handling all dispels, and most healing. HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT A DISPEL/CLEANSE WAS.
    * The healer was unable to handle the encounters but refused to allow anyone to switch to support.
    * Support refused to support.
    * DPS would not understand the mechanics of a boss after 4 wipes, even though their role basically is "don't stand in stuff".
    * Groups that, after a wipe, would start the encounter without a ready check, locking out the healer, who had been ressed last, had just healed everyone to full, and had zero mana and zero time to apply buffs. Three times in a row.
    * Had a cleric tank curse at the group for missing a mechanic, when he had consistently been losing agro on mobs and had never once cast his DoL to hold agro.
    * Groups saying horrible, nasty, racist, sexist stuff in party chat like they were just talking about the weather.
    * DPS rogues rolling need on epic healing gear.
    * Having to do Storm Breaker Protocol and those idiotic mech suits and mindless abilities, at all.
    * The tank has no interrupt. Who are these people who are making tank specs with no interrupt?

I'm all for having fun. These things all create pretty much the opposite of fun. You really want me to stick with the group under these conditions? Nope.
    Last edited by Ardor; 12-05-2012 at 07:41 AM.

dbe
    General of Telara

I leave bad groups. And I shouldn't say "bad" for some of them, but something just isn't working. I don't mind the wipes as long as people are learning and we're getting better, but some things are unfixable.

I do feel bad for people who just queue DPS and have a group abandon them, that's gonna be a long wait.

Anc

Yea I almost never drop but I just had to last night. I ported into the last boss of core so you know they were having problems already, turns out they had been there for something like 2 hours were barely acting like humans when I got there.

Turns out the strat they were going with was stacking together then moving around the room in a circle while running away from the person getting trampled then stacking back up together. I tried to say something about over complicating it but whatever, I've killed these bosses with worse over complicating before. So we pull. Healer and Support healer cant keep up with clenses between all of the running around and well... 6 wipes later some guy is screaming in all caps about how everyone else is fail but him.

That was just to much, the attitude, not the wipes, so I told them I cant handle listening to this and drop.

I have better luck just looking for groups in 60 chat than I do with using the group finder. I feel like if you play with people from your server they are more likely to be patient because they know they will see you around. Whereas random people from other servers its easier to write them off or be rude and impatient
    Jiggs --=--=-- 60 Rogue --=--=-- <Midnighters> --=--=-- Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Anc View Post
    That was just to much, the attitude, not the wipes, so I told them I cant handle listening to this and drop.
    Its really this for me. I only drop if I am authentically running out of time (aka taking 3+ hours to do an expert), or if the attitudes of players goes down the crapper. If everyone is having a good time I have never cared about wiping on a boss. But berating people you dont even know, when you had the choice to pug or not too, is just silly and I'll leave them to fill Que again.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    I have better luck just looking for groups in 60 chat than I do with using the group finder. I feel like if you play with people from your server they are more likely to be patient because they know they will see you around. Whereas random people from other servers its easier to write them off or be rude and impatient
    Lets run dungeons together sometime! I do great warrior dps, but as a warrior tank I'm "hard to heal" But I'm raid ready tank... ;_; Do beastmaster support pretty good all things considering :P
    The Riftguard
    Deepwood :: TDQ 4/4 :: FT 2/4
    Morning Raiding Guild - Recruiting!

Atrius: "Paragon seems solid. At Level 60 I came in at the top of IA damage."

I've probably ran more experts in SL than anyone else in the game currently, going by the leader boards week-by-week.

I can count the number of failed runs I've had so far, pure pugs included, on the fingers of one hand.

The vast majority of the groups can do this stuff, you'd just have to explain the mechanics from time to time.

That, and you'd have to nip problems early. If the heal + support can't get you past a trash pack, you'd need to do some reorganization. I've only ever had one group where the heal + support just flat out could not heal.

If the support refuses to support, replace him. He signed up for a role, there's no reason to keep him if he isn't willing to perform it.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Sooo ummm, all of my groups but one since SL have been average to stellar.

I explain fights, tank, dps or Tactician... I don't support I don't like it banjos are for hillbillies.

Regardless if you're having so many problems in groups then there is a consistent person/theme right?

Sure not every run will be awesome, I've had new tanks, undergeared healers, goofy dps that just LOVES pulsing AoE death mechanics and so on. But aside from a few bosses almost everything is technically doable with 4 people regardless.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Terrible pugs make us grateful we have guildies who retain what they learn, adapt easily and roftstomp content like no ones business and those few pugs that just run over everything.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast