+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frozen Tempest Gear Requirements

Shadowlander

Default Frozen Tempest Gear Requirements

Hey, my guild is looking into starting Frozen Tempest very soon and we've found very little on what the gear requirements actually are.

I've been seeing posts and guides stating that you need a full set of expert gear to be able to stand a chance in there, but what I want to know is whether this means a full set of blue or a full set of epic gear (as in fully upgraded set pieces).

What I've found so far has lead to the assumption you would need (aside from the 420 hit / 400 toughness caps) a full set of at least blue level expert gear inc synergy crystal, with the epic pieces acting as a bonus rather than a requirement. I can easily (and probably will be) wrong about this, so is this actually the case. or are we looking at getting the entire guild kitted out with epic level expert loot before even attempting the first boss?

Any info would be a big help so I can pass it onto my guildies and get them in shape for whenever we intend to head in so we don't get our faces smashed harder than needed.

Champion of Telara

Why not just, you know.... umm... go in and try?

Most guilds that are in it had to. With strats and vids coming out now it's still pretty new. If you got the 400/420 requirement then you'll quickly see if you got the dps for it or not.

Of course it's easier with better gear. Doesn't mean it's required.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Why not just, you know.... umm... go in and try?

Most guilds that are in it had to. With strats and vids coming out now it's still pretty new. If you got the 400/420 requirement then you'll quickly see if you got the dps for it or not.

Of course it's easier with better gear. Doesn't mean it's required.
    This. Gear requiremenrs change based on your raid. If your raid is bad, they will need more gear. If they are perfect, they eill only need the 400/420 or possibly less.

Ascendant

Let me put it this way: one of our fresh lvl 60 mages (who previously played Vanilla Rift hardcore) was pulling 13k dps on Crucia, pure single-target, after running experts a few hours and barely meeting hit requirement.

Gear is only a small concern outside of tanks. Of course having more HP helps your raid survive in general, but you don't need incredible gear to meet these enrages.
    Last edited by Ahov; 12-03-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Started last week. Its....taxing to say the least. Long as everyone has the hit and hp should be fine. Our tanks are over 50k and its still pretty demanding on the healers. Just go in and try it out.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Plane Walker

If you have the hit and toughness you're probably fine, use somewhat proper runes and consumables is of course never been bad.

Tanks are the ones who will suffer without gear, everyone else could be fine if they play well
    Nope.

What you -need- to start FT are tanks with 400 toughness and hit. Nearly everything else can be made up for by playing well.

The folks who say you need a full set of expert everything for your raid are just plain being bad.

The first two bosses in FT were killed during the week that Storm Legion launched... you can't seriously think that they had 20 people fully decked out in expert gear by then.

Folks went in there with blues and greens and maybe two pieces of purples with hit runes to make up for a lack of hit.

It comes down to how well your raiders can raid.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

This might be true for the 10-man but the first boss in FT (Gelidra) is a massive dps/gear check.
    True people dropped bosses in few weeks but they did run experts night and day in 4 groups to get the gear out of them.

But it should be a steep courve to 20-mans, it's not like you are supposed to be raid ready the day you hit 60.

Personally I think the expert bosses should drop the marks you get from daily randoms, because the RNG is freaking huge in getting the pieces you need and the incentives to run experts without daily bonuses is quite low.
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 12-04-2012 at 08:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread