+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: [BUG] Upgrading Dungeon/Raid gear

Default [BUG] Upgrading Dungeon/Raid gear

inb4NQ

When you upgrade an item that is already on you, you gain stats for both the old and upgraded item, until you relog.

I upgraded an expert vendor blue pants to epic and went from 4824sp to 5006 or so, unequipping the item did not remove the bug, only relog worked.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Ascendant

Posting exact exploit reproduction steps on the forums was a brilliant idea.
    Last edited by Ahov; 12-03-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    http://aboutvetmed.com/wp-content/up...shing_0827.jpg
    Last edited by Byona; 12-03-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

YESSS now my guild that is in expert dungeons can go kill crutia after upgrading all our gear simultaniously. hope no one logs out till then....

/overreaction

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    YESSS now my guild that is in expert dungeons can go kill crutia after upgrading all our gear simultaniously. hope no one logs out till then....

/overreaction
    A bug is a bug, whether it has a large impact or not we should report it.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Code of Conduct
    Exploits and Hacks: Exploits, hacks, or any behavior that gives a player an unfair advantage are detrimental to the spirit of the game. We understand that sometimes you may wish to bring these matters to our attention, however doing so only informs others who might take advantage of such exploits on how they can be implemented. Any posts involving hacks or exploits will be removed from the RIFT forums.
    The in-game bug report tool is your friend.

But don't worry, I reported this last week, so you don't need to.

This was reported using bug report tool many times by many friends on many shards who also noticed the bug. I myself did not experience it since I haven't upgraded anything personally.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

I noticed it when I was trying to figure out why the hell I had 475 toughness.

Champion of Telara

A bug is a bug. It's been reported before so I'm sure they know about. Honestly if even for the 'exploit', I'm glad they were focusing last week on many of the other issues first. Like broken quests and broken invasions instead tracking down what basically is a one time single use bug.

^Btw, not saying they shouldn't fix it. They should, but I would rather they allocate their resources (for the brief period right after a launch) into fixing more pressing issues. They'll get to this one soon enough. Especially as most of the player population don't even have full expert yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    inb4NQ

When you upgrade an item that is already on you, you gain stats for both the old and upgraded item, until you relog.

I upgraded an expert vendor blue pants to epic and went from 4824sp to 5006 or so, unequipping the item did not remove the bug, only relog worked.
    SWEEEEEET!!! POWERSTONE STACKING IS BACK!

Are you honestly surprised by this with the current state of Crucia?

I seem to recall you doing something similar.... =)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Myrkel View Post
    SWEEEEEET!!! POWERSTONE STACKING IS BACK!

Are you honestly surprised by this with the current state of Crucia?

I seem to recall you doing something similar.... =)
    Proof / never happened

Proof / never happened
    You really don't remember that thread where you and Vioarr went at it and you ended up posting a video of yourself showing the difference between damage while juiced vs non juiced? I don't remember if you described exactly how to do it, but you did talk about it at length.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    You really don't remember that thread where you and Vioarr went at it and you ended up posting a video of yourself showing the difference between damage while juiced vs non juiced? I don't remember if you described exactly how to do it, but you did talk about it at length.
    A video? Man, people can imagine some crazy stuff.

Sigh.. Americans... less QQ and pointing fingers. If this wasnt supposed to be posted on forums then by all means a mod can delete it. Until then, heres lolipops for everyone: http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag...21_400_300.jpg you can stop crying and pointing fingers now.
    See you all in Wildstar!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast