+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please fix 59-60 Normal loot table drops - NO CLERIC TANK GEAR

Telaran

Default Please fix 59-60 Normal loot table drops - NO CLERIC TANK GEAR

I've been level 60 for about two weeks and I've run Tower and EC about 10-15 times EACH and have completed them with no cleric tank gear drops at all.

This makes it impossible for me to even get into experts dungeons because even when I try to do a Zone Event for IS to buy gear I can never make it to the final boss. I try to get there to the other phases, but I usually am in the middle of a dungeon when they start.

If other clerics tanks feel my grief please post in this thread. I don't thnk I am the only one having this problem getting cleric tank gear. If I'm wrong, let me know where to go to get gear. I need Hit right now because I actually have 325 toughness with two pieces of IS gear and one expert drop that I got.
    Core i7 920 @ 3.5GHz | G.Skill PI Black DDR3-1600 3x2GB + Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 3x4GB | EVGA X58 SLI 3 | Mushkin SATA3 240GB SSD | WD Black 7,200 500GB x3 RAID-0 | EVGA GTX 680 2GB SuperClocked+ | Corsair 1000HX | SilverStone Raven RV01-BW | ASUS VS226H

Ascendant

You don't need to kill the last boss of an event to get credit. I usually don't actually, so others get a chance to get credit too. Just have to kill a few invasions/rifts.

The cleric MT of our guild had to buy everything with IS. She hardly got any drop at all in normal dungeons as well.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    You don't need to kill the last boss of an event to get credit. I usually don't actually, so others get a chance to get credit too. Just have to kill a few invasions/rifts.

The cleric MT of our guild had to buy everything with IS. She hardly got any drop at all in normal dungeons as well.
    The final boss is about the only phase I can make it too. Being a tank in normal queue gets you almost instant queue luckily. Sadly though, it can take any where between 30 minutes to an hour to complete one run as people can't follow directions or they don't know how to be stealthy.

Which means I really only have the ability to get to the final boss. However, with how little HP some bosses have it's impossible to reach them sometimes especially in SoI with only one port on the death ZE.
    Core i7 920 @ 3.5GHz | G.Skill PI Black DDR3-1600 3x2GB + Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 3x4GB | EVGA X58 SLI 3 | Mushkin SATA3 240GB SSD | WD Black 7,200 500GB x3 RAID-0 | EVGA GTX 680 2GB SuperClocked+ | Corsair 1000HX | SilverStone Raven RV01-BW | ASUS VS226H

It used to work this way, but now it doesn't. I've closed 1-3 rifts or killed 10+ invasions, or both and not gotten credit because I didn't make it to the boss. It may only be on certain events(Looking at you, Return of the Fallen) but you can in fact make very significant contributions to the invasion objectives and still not get your IS. I estimate that I've missed out on 70 to 150 IS because of this.

To the OP, it's true that cleric tank gear is scarce, but it does drop. I lucked up and got 2 or 3 tank pieces from one dungeon. I currently have IS legs, feet and hat to meet the toughness and hit requirements.

Also, not all of your gear has to be tank gear, even in experts. I'm using a DPS dagger, belt and gloves. Drop your pre-SL tank gear and use SL DPS gear, the armor is better, the mitigation and avoidance(from wis and int) is better, and the endurance is probably about even.

@Trion: Despite everything I said, the OP is right. Cleric tank gear needs to start dropping earlier than 59.

I agree, there are no cleric tank drops in normal 59-60 dungeons...

Chest: got from finishing a dungeon out of the cache (not a drop)
    Shoulders: rogue tanking shoulders from tower
    Legs: IS vendor bought
    Boots: crafted

your best bet is to just use all the IS and plat you have to buy your gear. don't bother wasting your time running normal dungeons. doing this got me into expert dungeons the minute i hit 60

I spent 500 plat and 120 IS and I was doing experts no problem

edit: oh and for hit, get the crafted tank hit rings with 53 hit on them. they only cost about 75 plat each in mats and they aren't unique equip
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 12-03-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    It used to work this way, but now it doesn't. I've closed 1-3 rifts or killed 10+ invasions, or both and not gotten credit because I didn't make it to the boss. It may only be on certain events(Looking at you, Return of the Fallen) but you can in fact make very significant contributions to the invasion objectives and still not get your IS. I estimate that I've missed out on 70 to 150 IS because of this.
    Don't know what to tell you. I've tagged every single invasion I've seen when online (which is 14 hours a day, even though I go afk a lot, I still check my computer for invasions regularly). I've got probably 1400 infinity stones so far. I know what I'm talking about.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    You are right, it really is only Return of the Fallen, the rest seem to function properly where if you contribute to any portion of the event you get credit.

I know what I'm talking about.
    I never implied that you didn't. That doesn't change the fact that some zone events are buggy when it comes to rewarding contribution. Return of the Fallen in Ashora is a repeat offender when it comes to that.

I've gotten cleric tank cloak, head and ranged from 58+ normals (IIRC all of them were from tower)

+ Reply to Thread